Author Topic: LAZY ADMINZ  (Read 11874 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
LAZY ADMINZ
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:24:11 AM »
where are the iconz  >:( >:( >:(

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: LAZY ADMINZ
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »

where are the iconz  >:( >:( >:(

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Why sticky? lol.

If you want custom client tags, make them yourselves, vote on them, don't vote on them, do whatever you need to do. I've confirmed that I can upload them to the server, so once they're made send them to me all at once and I'll install them. Then it's just a matter of requesting them to be assigned by an admin to tourney winners on an as-needed basis.

If you want a broader application (e.g. based on account age, number of wins/games played) then I'd suggest a stealthbot script that will allow users to self-assign based on an agreed upon set of parameters (e.g. once per month, only certain icons are available to choose from, etc.) Hire a programmer, beg a programmer, program it yourself, I don't really care. If you guys want custom client tags so bad, take some action and make it happen.
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
alright, so youre saying if i (or any1 else) decide to host a tournament with custom made icon as a reward, you will upload it on the server & grant it to the winner?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
Tenatively, sure, though I personally won't upload any icon that looks like ass. tupac's unit/hero tag quality or better is fine. Smurfking's Homer Simpson is okay too; I won't gripe about anything that isn't blurry/obscene/super half-assed. I'm also not going to drop everything to insta-upload every icon I'm sent, I'll probably do it once a week on a Sunday.

However - if other admins or the general public want to veto off topic tags (like Homer), or custom tags for every single tourney in favor of standarized tags like you outlined in some other post (e.g., Master for one win, then different color Master for second win, then new "Grand Master" tag for third win, or something like that, I forget) I'll respect that ruling.
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »
other admins dont give a damn, didnt post once in any icon thread and therefore have no powers to decide/veto anything. theres no chance for any advanced standarization of icons or structures, because it has to go through the vote/poll gutter and end up in the swamp of retardation, but your proposal is okay.

it should be said that the icon tournament should:
1. have an icon prepared beforehand and previewed
2. be advertised at least 2 days before it takes place
3. be advertised as an icon tournament
4. allow every player to participate

so there will be no abuse, like: not allowing good players to win an icon for oneself, not adveritsing the tournament and have 1 or 2 other people in it to get the icon for oneself etc

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
I think for a tourney to get a tag, it should be a series/league and not just a one-off.  But it's cool.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 05:03:18 PM »
other admins dont give a damn, didnt post once in any icon thread and therefore have no powers to decide/veto anything.
Pretty confident i did post in the icon threads and im the one who stickied this lol

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
If blid is elected, his first act as president will be to grant every man, woman and child a custom client tag!
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 05:40:31 PM »
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,882.msg12014.html#msg12014
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,941.msg12714.html#msg12714

alright, then youre excused, but... jokes on you, the post you linked proposes exactly what's being discussed here - icons for tournaments. so SHUT UP NERD LOL

I think for a tourney to get a tag, it should be a series/league and not just a one-off.  But it's cool.

w2 is dead even in current w2-is-permdead standards, nobody ever hosts any tournaments, theres zero icon ideas in sight due to the democratic stagnation and youre making it hard? shut up, let the volunteers host the tournaments. IF the tournaments are sooo popular that we get plenty of them hosted so iconz become irrelevant, we will worry about tweaking the system and make it harder to get a custom icon, aight?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 05:42:25 PM »
i still think my idea for different master iconz is the goodest, and instead of wins we may think about war2 archievement icons, but then someone would need to get up and DO them (vide 'train 5 newbies' or whatever heh). does anyone care enough? no? lets focus on the tournament icons then :P

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »
i nominate blid for ice bucket challenge

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me