Author Topic: How to bring server back to life  (Read 19318 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
How to bring server back to life
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »
$$$... a good chunk of $$$.

1) Get $3,000+ USD together

2) Find someone good at making banners. Create an advertisement banner that advertises a tournament with a cash prize (1st place - $1,000. 2nd place - $500. 3rd place - $250). Set a date for the tournament. 6-8 weeks after banner is posted would be a good time frame. Gives time for new players to learn a little bit, but not too long that they lose interest.
                New users only are eligible for the tournament.
                No current or prior members allowed.
                Get help from admins to ensure smurfs are not trying to weasel their way in and participate.

3) use the facebook page me and burnt set up to post the banner advertising the tournament.

4) use remaining $1000 or more to "boost" the post. make sure to target the right demographic of people you think are likely to "bite"

5) host the tournament

6) pay the cash to the winners

boosting a post for $1000 will reach a lot of people
having a tournament where they believe they have a shot at winning a small cash prize will bring them to the server

The only way war2 will ever come back is if you build it back from the ground up. invest in newbies. old players are not likely to come back ever. they will be more likely to return if they realize there is a fresh new group of people who have reached or passed their level within a year or so time frame.

If nobody is willing to invest financially into war2's future then you might as well just throw the towel in now. If nobody is willing to invest in a new generation of players and give those new players the time they need to reach "pro" status you might as well just throw the towel in now.

Any new mods or developments will be completely useless without players around to use them.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: How to bring server back to life
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »
There games where tournament paid 100k...

your 1000 not gonna bring nobody.

You want to make this game live again, make equinox as admin, i know how.

Nox for prez!
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:19 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

We need a guy with no life basically to ensure activity. At least a new server Mod if not Admin.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

So die with your dumb russian server.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:19 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

O_o ??

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »
those 100k tournaments get paid out to the best of the best

this tournament would be for NEW MEMBERS ONLY. again, you would need help from admins to ensure they actually were new members.

if you posted the banner July 1 and set the tournament date for August 15-30 it would catch a lot of people's attention: "All  have to do is play this game for a month and a half or 2 months and I have a shot at winning a grand?!.. and i dont even have to pay anything to play it?"

it would easily bring a few hundred people to the server if it was all executed correctly. they would all be chasing that tournament prize for 6-8 weeks. by the time the tournament was over many of them will have became attached to the game whether they win or lose the tournament.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

O_o ??

You can made all the smiley you want dude but tk is totally right, this game die and you guys have the head in the sable... You keep beeing blind and live in your little workd where your 25 regular players keep braggin about how good they are.

This staff kill this game and this community kill this game, period, you want this game to live again? Resolve the real probleme, put in position the right peoples who will do the right choice for this game.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:13:35 PM by Equinox »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 10:07:27 PM »

this tournament would be for NEW MEMBERS ONLY. again, you would need help from admins to ensure they actually were new members.

if you posted the banner July 1 and set the tournament date for August 15-30 it would catch a lot of people's attention: "All  have to do is play this game for a month and a half or 2 months and I have a shot at winning a grand?!.. and i dont even have to pay anything to play it?"

it would easily bring a few hundred people to the server if it was all executed correctly. they would all be chasing that tournament prize for 6-8 weeks. by the time the tournament was over many of them will have became attached to the game whether they win or lose the tournament.

Listen tk, this game is 20 years old men, they give actual 2015 games for free full hd, there no way where you gonna bring peoples here before all these other games.

You want to bring this game alive, you need to do affiliation with other website who gonna do real promo for us.

I know the right site for it.

PS: You also need to change war2ru name for something else, nobody gonna join a russian website in 2015 when almost all the world hate them actually, just be realist.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:09:35 PM by Equinox »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:33 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

O_o ??

You can made all the smiley you want dude but tk is totally right, this game die and you guys have the head in the sable... You keep beeing blind and live in your little workd where your 25 regular players keep braggin about how good they are.

This staff kill this game and this community kill this game, period, you want this game to survive again? Resolve the real probleme, put in position the right peoples who will do the right choice for this game.

That wasn't a smiley but not the point.

Yes I do agree that the admins have killed this game by their inactivity. Sure they are there when hackers need to be banned and SS disputes need to be made but we need an admin physically on the server actively.

I know we all have lives and are busy but they need divide up the time or something...why we have more than one...from current activity I only see LB.

And yes they should appoint someone who can be trusted and is active. Again, there are different levels of administration that a server can have. A new Mod "b.net icon" could be appointed.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 10:15:47 PM »

Listen tk, this game is 20 years old men, they give actual 2015 games for free full hd, there no way where you gonna bring peoples here before all these other games.

You want to bring this game alive, you need to do affiliation with other website who gonna do real promo for us.

PS: You also need to change war2ru name for something else, nobody gonna join a russian website in 2015 when almost all the world hate them actually, just be realist.

Lol, everybody hates Russians?

Nah I wouldn't say that is true, why do you think that EQ? You owe some of them money [emoji39]??

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

Nox for prez!

Uh no. [emoji18]

O_o ??

This staff kill this game and this community kill this game, period, you want this game to survive again? Resolve the real probleme, put in position the right peoples who will do the right choice for this game.

That wasn't a smiley but not the point.

Yes I do agree that the admins have killed this game by their inactivity. Sure they are there when hackers need to be banned and SS disputes need to be made but we need an admin physically on the server actively.

I know we all have lives and are busy but they need divide up the time or something...why we have more than one...from current activity I only see LB.

And yes they should appoint someone who can be trusted and is active. Again, there are different levels of administration that a server can have. A new Mod "b.net icon" could be appointed.

They kill the game by their innactivity but also by their bad decision over and over and also by their selfish control over the server.

They prefere to let the game die because they are selfish instead to add peoples who will take cares of it.

Community also let this game die by supporting this staff since ten years, i have support this staff like all of you before, but enouph is enouph, it's just the same old pattern since ten years...

Just some talk to make us believe what they want and make us shut our mouth.

They cant keep nothing update, they cant get nothing attractive, they cant get nothing new regulary.

Il also make personal website and personal version for russian, this time he take for russian peoples is that time he will suppose to take for all of us, but intead he split work and time for 2 different community.

While russian have personal work, all the rest of the word is all togheter on the same community for the same time of russian one.

All this server is wrong and make no sens, there nothing serious, im sorry, but a good day your gonna hve to grow up and ask for the right thing or foget your 20 years old game.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 10:26:53 PM »
Don't get me wrong I disagree with a lot of stuff the current administration does but we still need to work together to get this game up and running. Because let's face it, who's really gonna win if the game does end up dying?

Yes, they should appoint a new person to at least server Mod. Someone who is active and trustworthy. And who does not have bias on game types, person who works for every gamer.

Hell, I would personally recommend you as admin from your drive and enthusiasm but you have so many dam biases about everything makes it impossible and illogical.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:29:34 PM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 10:28:07 PM »

Nah I wouldn't say that is true, why do you think that EQ? You owe some of them money [emoji39]??

Because american make propaganda about them and alot of countrie believe that.

We about to get in world war III dude are you following new or your just take cares of your bot?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:31:40 PM by Equinox »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 10:30:48 PM »

Because american make propaganda about them and all alot of countrie believe that.

We about to get in world war III dude are you following new or your just take cares of your bot?

Sure I regularly maintain and change my main channel bot, EviL. But because it's what I do, I love coding [emoji39]

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:15 PM »
Don't get me wrong I disagree with a lot of stuff the current administration does but we still need to work together to get this game up and running. Because let's face it, who's really gonna win if the game does end up dying?

Yes, they should appoint a new person to at least server Mod. Someone who is active and trustworthy. And who does not have bias on game types, person who works for every gamer.

You ask for trustworthy person when nobody in this stupid staff is trustworthy... The only one are tk and blid, rest of hacker, lazy ass and retard.

No fucking offense but that just fucking true.

Stop being fucking blind dude, wake the fuck up, they are fucking lazy and retard, they dint even know how to play dude what the fuck.

Put some peoples who love this game for real and know this game for real for the best decision.

Not only peoples who take decision only because they got the power since ten years.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:33:15 PM by Equinox »