Author Topic: Ban racism in America  (Read 23664 times)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Ban racism in America
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2015, 10:26:52 AM »
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2015, 11:41:20 AM »
"Racist shooting stirs up America's worst ghosts," writes Spain's El Pais.

The US events are "so shocking that they are unspeakable," writes Italy's La Stampa.

"Pain, fear and anger have engulfed America after the shooting, exacerbating the racial demons of a deeply fractured society," says Frederic Autran, the New York correspondent for France's Liberation.

Writing in Russia's popular Moskovskiy Komsomolets daily, Melor Sturua accuses Mr Obama of ducking the real issue by opting to describe the killings as "senseless" rather than "racist".

In Iran, the conservative Fars News Agency says that "racism is a dark phenomenon which has its roots in the heart of the American society".

The official Xinhua agency in China said the violence "mirrors the US government's inaction on rampant gun violence as well as the growing racial hatred in the country".
in fairness every single one of those countries has its own racist history to contend with...

or was that your point?

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2015, 11:48:22 AM »
no they don't. not to the extent of america. america literally ran on black slave labour, that was literally the entire economy.

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
i didn't say they were the "same" as america, just that they each have their own racist history

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
i didn't say they were the "same" as america, just that they each have their own racist history
it's not comparable.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
"Racist shooting stirs up America's worst ghosts," writes Spain's El Pais.

The US events are "so shocking that they are unspeakable," writes Italy's La Stampa.

"Pain, fear and anger have engulfed America after the shooting, exacerbating the racial demons of a deeply fractured society," says Frederic Autran, the New York correspondent for France's Liberation.

Writing in Russia's popular Moskovskiy Komsomolets daily, Melor Sturua accuses Mr Obama of ducking the real issue by opting to describe the killings as "senseless" rather than "racist".

In Iran, the conservative Fars News Agency says that "racism is a dark phenomenon which has its roots in the heart of the American society".

The official Xinhua agency in China said the violence "mirrors the US government's inaction on rampant gun violence as well as the growing racial hatred in the country".
in fairness every single one of those countries has its own racist history to contend with...

or was that your point?

no my point wasn't that those countries are "better," just to give an idea of how this stuff is perceived outside the US

also countries like china and iran don't really have "racism problems" or "racist histories," they have issues with ethnic groups and such but "race" as we're talking about here is a western imperialist framework and is distinct from ethnic conflicts and tensions, which have existed in various places for centuries

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
ok gotcha. and fair enough with respect to ethnic vs racist conflicts. in my mind i see them as one and the same, in the sense that one group seizes power and uses it to exploit the other group, but i suppose there is a difference between the two

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »
there's basically a media blackout on the fascist, white supremacist reaction to recent calls to remove the confederate flag http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2015/06/26/string-of-nighttime-fires-hit-predominately-black-churches-in-four-southern-states/

Offline mwperk01

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:05 AM »
no they don't. not to the extent of america. america literally ran on black slave labour, that was literally the entire economy.
Untrue that was the south's economy the North ran on industry. Some of their industry was certainly from turning raw cotton into cloth but the north did also make plenty of other products. we have also since then freed our slaves and given them full rights as American citizens. while racism is still a major issue even today the United States is far better than what it was in the 1800's and early 1900's.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
we have also since then freed our slaves and given them full rights as American citizens.

lol

Offline mwperk01

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 11:05:06 AM »
we have also since then freed our slaves and given them full rights as American citizens.

lol
something amusing to you?

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2015, 11:05:51 AM »

lol

We have you retard, under law.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline mwperk01

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:50 AM »
In regards to the topic you can make racism illegal but you cannot force people to think in one way. If someone wants to be racist you can't stop them from thinking that way. You can however make it illegal for them to make decisions regarding things like hiring in a biased way or in case of this thread a racist way.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
« Reply #39 on: Today at 10:51:05 AM »

Quote (selected

nae, the early colonies were ran on slave economies.