Author Topic: Old School Titlesets  (Read 13915 times)

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Old School Titlesets
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
I know this is a big bump - but I do in fact have all the old tile sets in my possession (volcano, hell, jungle, etc.).  I've had them since they were released years and years ago (back in the late 90s).  Tupac, how did you get the tilesets in MPQ format?  I don't know anything about tilesets, except that they come in .wcd format.  I have found no tool that will extract the contents of .wcd files.  However, I opened War2Patch in your release, and saw the tiles in .cv4, .vr4, and .vx4 formats.  Where did you get these from? Did you extract these files from the original .wcd files? 

The Volcano, Hell, and Jungle tilesets are very interesting, and I thought we could release another War2Patch compilation with these tilesets included.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
Yes I think I found these already in mpq for me can't remember been awhile. Yes you can use wardraft to extract the title sets and modify them from the dos version.
Save those 3 files and open mpq for bnet war2, there should be 4 listed for each titleset. I've tried renaming and trying the file extention differently I got a lot of crashes alot then one time I had them show up but my tiles where showing half of hell title set and half black tile all randomly on bnet version. So I'm not sure if I even found the correct extention or I did and maybe I'm supposed to compress them or not when extracting from wardraft.... :( you can give it a try see if you can crack the puzzle.

TIPS 1 of each titlesets is a palette so 3*3*3*4 = keep renaming the file and placing with different extention. I added 4 at the end because I think wardraft has 4 options for compression. None, low, medium, high.

There is a old guy floating around that could tell us how to do it in a few minutes. But he is an asshole and lots of people think his GRID titleset is considered cheating.

I'm gonna be doing fireworks soon! So won't be back till late.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:48:14 PM by tupac »

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
If I try opening .wcd files using Wardraft, it gives me a bunch of unidentified files without extensions (like 0,1,2,4,5, etc.).  Do I have to rename these to .cv4 files and such?

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 05:00:08 PM »
If I try opening .wcd files using Wardraft, it gives me a bunch of unidentified files without extensions (like 0,1,2,4,5, etc.).  Do I have to rename these to .cv4 files and such?
I'll take a look when I get back never tried that. But yes I assume if it works like the ai.bin yeah we need to find these 3 files and correctly name them and with correct extention.

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »
Do you need the volcano, hell and jungle tilesets, or do you already have them?

Edit:  I also have a "wetland" tileset.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 05:52:02 PM »
Will be good to know how to edit this tilesets, or preview those images, seems there are some weird files that cannot be edited..

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »
It works.  I got the Hell tileset to replace the expansion swamp tileset (Xswamp) in the BNE.  I extracted the files from Hell.wcd using Wardraft, and got 5 files.  I renamed files 3,4, and 5 to "xswamp.cv4", "xswamp.vr4", and "xswamp.vx4".  I merely compared the filesize of the default tileset to the new tiles to figure out what to name the files.  However, I am still unsure what to do with files 0,1, and 2.  File 2 looks like a grp file, which I guess replaces "demon.grp" or something similar. I'm not sure about the other 2 files...

Edit:  File 1 was hellhog.grp.  It replaces it with a spider.  I'm still unsure what 0 and 2 are.  The oil patches in the water don't match, and some of the decors may not be right.  It must have to do with those 2 files.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:23:26 PM by Lightning_Hunter »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
i had a cv5 editor from sc1 that would but they look like crap...and all wrong yeah any info would be appreciated!

i belive the main page has them in the download section as a patch.mpq

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
Good job do them all. I would focus on the main titlesets and add the grps and sounds later. Very good man thank you for saving me time ;) I tried the file size way before the other way but I had no luck!! Very good keep the work up man! Tru to make a mpq and replace those 4 with all the good ones I'll be back soon!

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:43 PM »
Having trouble with the volcano tileset.  I got the main files working, but the palette is not correct.  I can't figure out which files are the palette.  the Volcano tileset comes with 10 files.  I know what 3 of them are for, and I'm sure I know which one replaces the seal - but the rest are a mystery.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking that maybe iceland.ppl is the palette, but I can't be sure.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:29:38 PM by Lightning_Hunter »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:17 AM »
the pal should maybe be the smallest filesize one??

your on your own soilder i know shit of this area lolh

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 01:14:15 AM »
Having trouble with the volcano tileset.  I got the main files working, but the palette is not correct.  I can't figure out which files are the palette.  the Volcano tileset comes with 10 files.  I know what 3 of them are for, and I'm sure I know which one replaces the seal - but the rest are a mystery.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking that maybe iceland.ppl is the palette, but I can't be sure.
I can give advice but it seems you made it farther then me all my titlesets where broken and I never found the correct ways to rename them.

I would worry about the main titlesets and then you can play with dos and the patch for example write down the differences in units, sounds, etc. And we narrow down all those files.

Offline Lightning_Hunter

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 01:47:09 AM »
Is there a way to view .grp files?  If I could view them, it would make my life way easier when it comes to replacing units (no more name guessing).  The main tilesets have already been complete pretty much.  I just need to edit other stuff now...

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »
retrogrp

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile