Poll

Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!

Yes
2 (22.2%)
No
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 12, 2015, 10:33:23 PM

Author Topic: Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!  (Read 23261 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
Don't you people have better things to do, lol? wc2 is a great game, but there's more to life than trying to micromanage a tiny community of aging gamers!

This is the exact attitude that has lead to the fall of this game. If you don't have time, GTFO and let others who do take charge. Why do you think the community is so small? Its because none of the admins really give a shit or are too busy to spend the time needed for the success of the game, yet at the same time they stand in the way of people who do have the time. The people who's lives are war2, should be the ones in charge. Not the people who log on the forums once a week to criticize the people who are trying to help.

There are no excuses for the small population PERIOD. There are tons of brood war servers with hundreds to thousands of players on at all times, several war3 servers with thousands. We are the ONLY war2 server, there should be hundreds of players on at all times. The only people to blame are the ones in charge.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
As for TK buying the server, any change is good. The population on the server has done nothing but decline so only good things can come of this.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
why do all these people need to own the server to help, and what do they even know about the technical side of running things?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
why do all these people need to own the server to help, and what do they even know about the technical side of running things?

its not hard to run at all, I looked over the documentation for PVPGN easy. I might even throw in an offer to acquire the server if it goes to auction.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
Really Ganz?  Then what is the first thing you'd need to do to get it running?  I dont think you could configure anything let alone make anything run at all.  But since it's so easy and you've read the docs,  humorous us and show us how its done because its so easy.

* Hint, the 2 most basic commands to get started is in the above flame statement ;) *
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
Really Ganz?  Then what is the first thing you'd need to do to get it running?  I dont think you could configure anything let alone make anything run at all.  But since it's so easy and you've read the docs,  humorous us and show us how its done because its so easy.

* Hint, the 2 most basic commands to get started is in the above flame statement ;) *

kill yourself

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »
./configure

Usage: configure [options] [host]                           
Options: [defaults in brackets after descriptions]         
Configuration:                                             
  --cache-file=FILE       cache test results in FILE       
  --help                  print this message               
  --no-create             do not create output files       
  --quiet, --silent       do not print `checking...' messages
  --version               print the version of autoconf that created configure                                                         
Directory and file names:                                           
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in PREFIX                                                             
                          [/usr/local]                             
  --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX                                                               
                          [same as prefix]                         
  --bindir=DIR            user executables in DIR [EPREFIX/bin]     
  --sbindir=DIR           system admin executables in DIR [EPREFIX/sbin]                                                               
  --libexecdir=DIR        program executables in DIR [EPREFIX/libexec]                                                                 
  --datadir=DIR           read-only architecture-independent data in DIR                                                               
                          [PREFIX/share]                           
  --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/etc]                                                             
  --sharedstatedir=DIR    modifiable architecture-independent data in DIR                                                               
                          [PREFIX/com]                             
  --localstatedir=DIR     modifiable single-machine data in DIR [PREFIX/var]                                                           
  --libdir=DIR            object code libraries in DIR [EPREFIX/lib]
  --includedir=DIR        C header files in DIR [PREFIX/include]   
  --oldincludedir=DIR     C header files for non-gcc in DIR [/usr/include]                                                             
  --infodir=DIR           info documentation in DIR [PREFIX/info]   
  --mandir=DIR            man documentation in DIR [PREFIX/man]     
  --srcdir=DIR            find the sources in DIR [configure dir or ..]                                                                 
  --program-prefix=PREFIX prepend PREFIX to installed program names
  --program-suffix=SUFFIX append SUFFIX to installed program names 
  --program-transform-name=PROGRAM                                 
                          run sed PROGRAM on installed program names
Host type:                                                         
  --build=BUILD           configure for building on BUILD [BUILD=HOST]                                                                 
  --host=HOST             configure for HOST [guessed]             
  --target=TARGET         configure for TARGET [TARGET=HOST]       
Features and packages:                                             
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)                                                         
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]                 
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]                     
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)                                                               
  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR               
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR               
--enable and --with options recognized:                             
  --with-warn             enable compiler warnings                 
  --with-ansi             use ANSI C mode                           
  --with-includes=DIR     search include DIR for header files       
  --with-libraries=DIR    search library DIR for libraries         
  --with-efence           link with Electric Fence to find memory problems                                                             
  --with-mysql            include MySQL user accounts support       
  --with-pgsql            include PostgreSQL user accounts support 
  --with-mssql            include MSSQL user accounts support (requires FreeTDS includes/libs)                                         
  --with-sqlite3          include SQLite3 user accounts support
  --with-odbc             include ODBC user accounts support
  --enable-poll           Enable poll() instead of select().  Normally poll
                          is preferred over select, but configure knows poll
                          is broken on some platforms.  If you think you are
                          smarter than the configure script, you may enable
                          poll with this option.
  --disable-poll          Disable the use of poll().
  --enable-bnetd          Enable building of bnetd server (default)
  --disable-bnetd         Disable building of bnetd server
  --enable-d2cs           Enable building of d2cs server (default)
  --disable-d2cs          Disable building of d2cs server
  --enable-d2dbs          Enable building of d2dbs server (default)
  --disable-d2dbs         Disable building of d2dbs server
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »
I'm sorry, but you failed.  You missed "make" as well as editing the files for all the custom pieces that will be required.  I see you found one of the commands through pure luck though.  GJ on that at least.  But to get it running, configure wont work ;)  You need both ./configure and make or "./configure <options> ; make install"  along with installing/compiling all the dependencies that ./configure will complain about.  And thats all before you even get the thing to an executable form ;)

Which options are going to be required for a decent PVPGN server?  The default configure wont do......... HINT:  Begins with My name and ends with your brain size of a Squirrel :)   Hah I crack me up lol.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:16:14 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »
Lance i want to told you i see you as garbage now, they call you hacker and they try to tell at everyone you make server to steal their bank account and you still lick their balls, your look like retard by supporting this dumb server who spit on your face for ten years.

Please leave this game, you dint worth nothing anymore, porcelain balls.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:16:12 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
Its fine EQ,  I'm over it.  For over 8 years I lobbied to have iL replace Ldir + Burnt or people to just switch away from them (my projects for example).  Anything to get rid of them.  The dude is everything war2 needs.  He is proficient in development,  he is level headed, and somehow has the patience to speak to people such as Dellam (something I admit I'd never have the patience for) like they actually have something to contribute (which he doesnt, but he still gave the idiot a chance which is more than I'd do).  If Ldir and burnt were still at the helm,  ya I'd have major issues with this joint.  I have always like iL.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
Its fine EQ,  I'm over it.  For over 8 years I lobbied to have iL replace Ldir + Burnt.  The dude is everything war2 needs.  He is proficient in development,  he is level headed, and somehow has the patience to speak to people such as Dellam (something I admit I'd never have the patience for) like they actually have something to contribute (which he doesnt, but he still gave the idiot a chance which is more than I'd do).  If Ldir and burnt were still at the helm,  ya I'd have major issues with this joint.  I have always like iL.

Pretty sad when one of our best hope is now a gay slave of this community.

Have fun playing with your 9 friends on this big succesful server.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
I dont think you realize this but I've helped iL behind closed doors more than you might think.  I'm just not willing to vocalize what we've discussed for reasons best left unsaid.  I've heard much of what he has planned, given suggestions, ideas, explained how things work, etc and I can tell you that what he has going on is very close to something I'd already produced anyway.  It wont have everything I had at one point, but it's a start and definitely the right direction to be moving.  He's not as fast at producing as I am, but it doesnt mean he's any less capable.  He's just pretty busy I think.  Just need more patience with his projects than mine thats all.  And if he really needs development help (he hasnt needed it so far, he's doing a decent job),  he knows I will do so and he's already told me several times that he'd accept things I contribute code wise.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
I dont think you realize this but I've helped iL behind closed doors more than you might think.  I'm just not willing to vocalize what we've discussed for reasons best left unsaid.  I've heard much of what he has planned, given suggestions, ideas, explained how things work, etc and I can tell you that what he has going on is very close to something I'd already produced anyway.  It wont have everything I had at one point, but it's a start and definitely the right direction to be moving.  He's not as fast at producing as I am, but it doesnt mean he's any less capable.  He's just pretty busy I think.  Just need more patience with his projects than mine thats all.  And if he really needs development help (he hasnt needed it so far, he's doing a decent job),  he knows I will do so and he's already told me several times that he'd accept things I contribute code wise.

Your a fucking idiot dude, what hes planning..... hes planning to give us an anti hack since 9 month and tupac did it in 2 weeks, seriously lance im so disapointed of you, i remember all the days all this stupid staff where talkshit about you and i was like the only one to protect your dumb ass.

Fuck off dude, go stream your newbe game while you still have some time before this stupid server die.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »
Well thats your opinion and you're entitled to that.  I just happen to like what iL is doing and for whatever reason you dont.  I guess he's not fast enough for you which is understandable.  If things dont pick up in speed,  I'll kick in more than just ideas/suggestions/knowledge.  But remember as a developer I am use to working on time tables of months,  not days/hours.  I'm giving iL the time he needs and if he needs help,  I fully expect he would ask.  He knows I'd help him out if he asked.