Author Topic: Encouraging new players  (Read 3021 times)

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Encouraging new players
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:36:17 AM »
I can't promote this place until the new players can get a game. I wouldn't waste my time or resources

Procedures need to be put in place first before we can fill the server

I sent in three new players today as a test . None of which could get a game. one of the players played a game versing a computer and the other two left the server.
One of the people that banned them was -cell-

We need to fix the attitude of the existing players to enable new players to come and play. Or create a place for the new players to join , as it is no use me bringing the new players here and promoting the server if they cannot get a game as they will simply leave. If they don't get a game in first few minutes they won't hang around

Remember to hit our 10,000 person target I need to bring 120 people in the first month to the server

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Encouraging new players
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:40:03 AM »
Procedures need to be put in place first before we can fill the server
Agree, but that's not depend on admins only.
If one hosts the game he is free to choose players.
Yes, it's really hard to play for the 1-st time, it becomes easier when you turn into the game more active.

I sent in three new players today as a test . None of which could get a game. one of the players played a game versing a computer and the other two left the server.
I'd say the best way was to let them play with you and with each other 2v2. Or maybe 1v3. Why not? If you invite people, you try to show the game to them.

Or create a place for the new players to join
Someone people create games called "gow all" or "big game" or w/e to let everyone play.
Not so often, but people are not so active now...

Remember to hit our 10,000 person target I need to bring 120 people in the first month to the server
All you need is 2 players at the same time, they can play together.
Then you will be able to call more people. Several days later they can try to join others' games. I think so...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Raimis

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
We need to fix the attitude of the existing players to enable new players to come and play.

I agree, this is a big problem for me as well. when im joining a game people some times without even asking just ban me from the game due to my ammount of games in /stats

Or create a place for the new players to join

This sounds really nice, my idea would be when someone new joins the server for the first time, he gets a choice whether he/she joins the BNE channel or some kind of "noobies" channel to play with his level players. true we dont have that many players to do so but why not if and when we develop?

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:55:42 AM »
Agreed on the newbie channel . The regular is to frustrating for new people / general masses .
Maybe advanced / basic
That way new people will join the basic whereas others already here will feel privileged to play in the advanced

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »
they're joining fucking chop farms. BNE players always let noobs play.