Author Topic: To fix server  (Read 8525 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: To fix server
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 05:36:17 AM »
dellam,

i am terribly sorry that i logged into one of your accounts. You never said that you forgive me. Please say it now

yours faithfully,
claw

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 05:54:44 AM »
I don't care . Which account ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »
can anyone do any one of the following tasks we need to assign one task to each person.

I agree with lance in general, it has already been done, but of course that will be welcomed if one wants to improve that.

1. Facebook , create a Facebook page . Not as a person but not as a page  . I will help it go out. I just need someone to Controll it . I can advise on the type of things to put in it if needed.

"Join the War2.ru Facebook group": https://www.facebook.com/groups/war2server/
From the site main page.
If that something you're talking about?
If you can to advise anything with that or help, what would be great.
Let's do it or let's let's talk about your ideas about that.
I think group admins will be happy to get some reasonable ideas.

2. A YouTube video promoting the game I can help these videos get hits, I can guarantee 70,000. Not a video of a game u played but one promoting the game and server.

Would be nice to do that if you can. I also agree it's very important for our project.
Here's a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/war2combat/

3. A help desk in the website where people download the game . Very simply live help box where experienced people can help newbs . Someone will need to Controll / install it and create some type of roster.

I think we can start some kind of live help box if you really think we need it and if you are ready to handle it by your means.

4. No rejecting people for games rule. There is No use in the new guys coming and not being able to get games. Or create a channel solely for new people.

I agree that is a problem when people don't want to play with newbies, at the same time people should decide whom to play with...
We can't prohibit them to not play with those who them dislike or with unknown people.

We can try to implement hardware based smurf detection system, just to make people sure they are not playing with any known cheater.
That will also not help if they don't want to play with smurfs.

I also hope most people don't ban real newbies, only hacking smurfs...

5. Create a real tournament ladder ( similar to that of cases ladder)

Do you mean something like ladder.war2.ru? Or to improve that system?
I'd be happy to assign that task to anybody. You really don't need any private access to do that. All you need is the public report list to parse it in realtime, upload to your database and draw any kind of reports you wish by requests.
That is one or low-priority tasks, but it could be released by anyone. You just need some programming skill for that.

6. Offer incentives if people bring a friend or friends to the server. Will encourage current people and also new people to bring their friends and post on their Facebook page.

What incentives do you mean? We always welcome new members and members who invite other members.
That's why we post news or create forum sections with subsections like an UWC League example.
We need active member here and welcome any kind of activity according to rules.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:28:30 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 06:35:42 AM »
Thanks il
I would need one video. Is there or was there a video promoting the server?
I looked at the link you sent me and there are a whole heap of games and training etc . Which should I promote ?
Or can somebody do one?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 06:43:53 AM »
I would need one video. Is there or was there a video promoting the server?
What video do you mean?
If you need a gameplay you feel free to get any of them, for example the 1-st top one: "Swift vs. Viruz | Warcraft 2 Festival VI Tournament Championship | Finals" or w/e.
I don't think that's much difference on which one to select.
The main puprose is to let people know that war2 is still alive, isn't it?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Raimis

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
Dellam, if you are so willing to save this community, make the video and facebook page yourself, show us how many players you can gather with your ideas.
for one, the facebook page is allready here. show it to your big ass marketing group and let them do the job. but for real, i dont even think you have a single person going to help you out.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »
It seems il is willing to help out anyway
No I won't be making a video , I wouldn't even know how to start
. If someone can make one that points to this website that would be fantastic.

I.e literally an advertisement for war2
30 long max .
Maybe some clips , I'm not sure I thought I saw one in here a few years ago .
Does anybody have the skills required to make this short video?

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
i like how il takes dellam more seriously than me. Lol

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »
I take all the offers the same seriously from everyone.

that's about the offers, not persons.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 08:26:20 AM »
I actually think the help desk is a good idea. From what I understand they are easy to run, its just like a MSN messenger or something that runs in the background on your computer and whenever someone needs help on site it sends you a message and you can respond to them in real time. Admins should have this IMO.

Also, nobody should be banned from any game unless the spots are needed for players to play. Newbies should be allowed to watch, players who violate this rule should be dealt with as it is extremely toxic for the long term health of this game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:29:51 AM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 08:39:49 AM »
I take all the offers the same seriously from everyone.

that's about the offers, not persons.

dellam clearly has no fucking idea what he's talking about. war2 is worth far more than any amount of money anyone can offer, the game is on life support, if you sell it it's going to die and it's not coming back. what the fuck are you going to spend the money on anyway? it'll be gone in a month. use your brain.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:41:26 AM by Yamon »