Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 6944 times)

Offline Marshmallow

• Peon
    • View Profile
What's going on?
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »
I haven't logged into this forum before because I never cared to - actually I didn't really know it existed until I had some time on my hands because the War 2 server is down.

I read up on some posts over the last hour and I'm surprised to see so much trolling from Equinox and others.  I've gamed with Equinox a few times in the past and surprised to see him troll so much on here, but was a good partner in a game without all the shit talking.

Point is - when is this shit getting fixed?  I played this game back in college (1999-2003) on b.net servers and joined this group 3-4 months ago.  It's been fun and would like to keep it going, not posting on some online forum.   It would be easier on me to get an update or a backup server address on this post rather than trying to sort through thousands of threads that are 10 years old.

Thanks,
Marsh

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 12:13:19 AM »
Hey salute.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
What's going on?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
People working on it. [emoji51]

Play on one of the backup servers until then. Trust me I am as annoyed as you are Marsh.

But iL and few community members are working on getting the main server back up [emoji39]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Marshmallow

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:39 AM »
I tried the war2.me server, but ran into the same problem of not being able to pull up the game.  It's late so will try again tomorrow.  Hopefully this will be resolved by then.

One of the main draws of this game is the simplicity (2 races, 7 troops, minimal upgrades) - I've got too much going on to learn a new game and try to keep up with the 14 year olds who master the game in minutes.  I like to just jump on and game for a couple of hours when I have time without having to be frustrated over learning a whole new, much more complex game!

The server has been great, hopefully they get it fixed.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:53 AM »

I tried the war2.me server, but ran into the same problem of not being able to pull up the game.  It's late so will try again tomorrow.  Hopefully this will be resolved by then.

One of the main draws of this game is the simplicity (2 races, 7 troops, minimal upgrades) - I've got too much going on to learn a new game and try to keep up with the 14 year olds who master the game in minutes.  I like to just jump on and game for a couple of hours when I have time without having to be frustrated over learning a whole new, much more complex game!

The server has been great, hopefully they get it fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience [emoji20]

Offline Marshmallow

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:25:25 AM »
No need to apologize - it's a 20 year old game and happy to see fans of the game that have kept it running for nostalgic players like myself (or for their own selfish reasons and I just get to piggyback for free).  Same result - more War 2.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
No need to apologize - it's a 20 year old game and happy to see fans of the game that have kept it running for nostalgic players like myself (or for their own selfish reasons and I just get to piggyback for free).  Same result - more War 2.

Wish everyone shared your attitude man. :)
squeak!

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:55:39 AM »

Yeah. I am going to bow down to iL when i never even wanted ru to be a thing, i was there the minute the server was released, and i'm still there. I told everyone not to go to ru, and to stay on battle.net. Why would I share that attitude? you're just ignorant

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »

Yeah. I am going to bow down to iL when i never even wanted ru to be a thing, i was there the minute the server was released, and i'm still there. I told everyone not to go to ru, and to stay on battle.net. Why would I share that attitude? you're just ignorant

He doesn't expect anyone to bow down, just "not break anything" heh...

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 12:48:37 PM »
I haven't logged into this forum before because I never cared to - actually I didn't really know it existed until I had some time on my hands because the War 2 server is down.

I read up on some posts over the last hour and I'm surprised to see so much trolling from Equinox and others.  I've gamed with Equinox a few times in the past and surprised to see him troll so much on here, but was a good partner in a game without all the shit talking.

Point is - when is this shit getting fixed?  I played this game back in college (1999-2003) on b.net servers and joined this group 3-4 months ago.  It's been fun and would like to keep it going, not posting on some online forum.   It would be easier on me to get an update or a backup server address on this post rather than trying to sort through thousands of threads that are 10 years old.

Thanks,
Marsh

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »
lol teh cook gets me everytime  ;D