Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: Help
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

Somebody in an earlier post said that the downloads of the game are actually a lot higher than those going online. Showing that not many people who download it manage to get online.

My interpretation of this is that the majority of people are interested in downloading WC2 for the campaign only, not that they're unable to figure out how to join the server. Once the client is dled and installed there are no further barriers to connecting, it's a totally intuitive process. A good illustration of this is when the site was featured on Reddit for a couple days, there was a huge spike in the number of downloads, but hardly any of that carried over to players on the server.

This is where tk's idea about incentivizing online play factors in, like if you gave away $100 every month to whoever played the most games or something, I think you'd get a lot more takers.

A help desk (live chat) on the home page would help a lot and a mentioned it before in my list of ways to help .

That's a good idea, I'd had the same thought, but then of course you need someone who can staff it regularly, and who's that gonna be? (Hey, Ryu, wanna make yourself useful?) I mean, do you have time to be answering people's questions about wc2 all day? Do you have the money to pay someone to do it? No? Well, neither does anyone else. The doesn't mean we're making the server die, it just means we all have a point at which real life has to take precedence over a 15 year old hobby.
Just let everyone here have access to the live help, better than nothing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We already have that...support and requests forum.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
Need something on the homepage. I would venture to guess only a fraction of people who go to the homepage come to the forums.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »

Somebody in an earlier post said that the downloads of the game are actually a lot higher than those going online. Showing that not many people who download it manage to get online.

My interpretation of this is that the majority of people are interested in downloading WC2 for the campaign only, not that they're unable to figure out how to join the server. Once the client is dled and installed there are no further barriers to connecting, it's a totally intuitive process. A good illustration of this is when the site was featured on Reddit for a couple days, there was a huge spike in the number of downloads, but hardly any of that carried over to players on the server.

This is where tk's idea about incentivizing online play factors in, like if you gave away $100 every month to whoever played the most games or something, I think you'd get a lot more takers.

A help desk (live chat) on the home page would help a lot and a mentioned it before in my list of ways to help .

That's a good idea, I'd had the same thought, but then of course you need someone who can staff it regularly, and who's that gonna be? (Hey, Ryu, wanna make yourself useful?) I mean, do you have time to be answering people's questions about wc2 all day? Do you have the money to pay someone to do it? No? Well, neither does anyone else. The doesn't mean we're making the server die, it just means we all have a point at which real life has to take precedence over a 15 year old hobby.
Just let everyone here have access to the live help, better than nothing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We already have that...support and requests forum.

Need something on the homepage. I would venture to guess only a fraction of people who go to the homepage come to the forums.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Sure just put a "need help?" Link with forum linked.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »
I will operate a channel Tech Support. When the server is back up.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

I will operate a channel Tech Support. When the server is back up.

Good idea but most people don't even leave war2bne, website link might be more effective/ another good addition.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Just have the live help there on the website and all of us can have access to help them..... they could click on it and get somebody .....or they could click on it or not get anybody at all, either way it's going to be more of a help than a hindrance.

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
The only hindrance around here is Dellam.  A game host has to determine if the "new guy" is one of Dellam's smurfs or not in order to figure out if he should slap them with the ban hammer.  I usually use the /finger command and simply ban anyone with the same country as Dellam that uses an unknown name.  Ban Dellam from the interwebs,  he's a cancer that needs to be destroyed.  This whole "I'll help" BS is just a ploy because he knows his days are limited before he's banned for good (with hardware banning).
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
No it's not lance ( a ploy) I'm actually trying to help ( more than I can say for you )
I glad that you publicly admitted your one of the cancers destroying this place ( banning newbs) . The whole community does it , don't feel bad .

The live help would actually help this .
Lance can you explain how the live help is a bad thing ???
The only reason I can think of that you don't want it is because you want to server to die. ???
Honestly explain why else lance?

Did u know the only person that has offered to help me fix the server so far is Tupac ( still waiting on vid Tupac mate )

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:03 PM »
It's taking some time but I'm ripping alot from other videos I made.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 07:58:39 PM »
I glad that you publicly admitted your one of the cancers destroying this place ( banning newbs) . The whole community does it , don't feel bad .

You are correct, I ban you at every chance I get.  You comprise of 50% of the 'new players' on the server.  The rest of the new players and smurfs are EASILY distinguished from you just by asking a couple questions.  Those that do not answer, obviously get banned.  Those that answer with coherent answers generally pass the sniff test since you are incapable of providing coherent conversation.

The live help would actually help this .
Lance can you explain how the live help is a bad thing ???

I fail to see how Live help is going to help you stop getting banned from games.  Soon enough, you wont be able to connect to the server at all, so yea, it's kinda pointless.  The forums are "live" enough.  Until you come clean and start broadcasting ALL of your games live (like I do), I will never ever believe a word you say or take anything you say seriously.  Ever.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.