Author Topic: Server down??  (Read 39959 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Server down??
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 05:30:32 PM »
A question I have is,  why do you keep using european hosts?
I thought about US server, but the only one with DDoS protection is located in Netherlands. I think about to move it to US (same money), but losing DDoS protection.

I'm even willing to bet that those of us who have hosts that you could use would offer them for free (I know I would).
Hm, really free? With no terms? If you give your host you have an access to it, I don't think people will be happy to give you an access to their database or w/e.

Dump the new host, it sucks and isn't worth the trouble to try fix it.
Looks reasonable, the main problem is DDoS attacks to it. Every hoster at least stop service for 12-24 hours if it repeated.

il's host is at his work right?i kinda feel bad if he is paying for a server.
No, i don't use my work hardware for war2, i separate war2 and work. Well, actually Blid pays for the server now. Thanks a lot to him.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »
Ddos protection leads to connection problems.  There was only 1 ddos attack in 7 Years. Not worth it.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Meck

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Server just went down for me.  'Checking Versions'

And, hi everyone.  First post!

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 10:12:10 PM »
Yep, I get stuck at checking versions as well.  Mouse's server - instant connection with no problems.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 10:12:31 PM »
just was in it and yes now when i try checking versions.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:09 PM »
Yep, I get stuck at checking versions as well.  Mouse's server - instant connection with no problems.
Till it gets to 20 users.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 10:14:21 PM »
It's the 10pm cronjob that this host has.  It happens every day around 10pm (10:05 is the soonest I've been able to track it, but thats pretty close to 10pm EDT).  It can last anywhere from 5 to 30 mins.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Meck

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 10:20:59 PM »
damn Cron jobs.  I'd rather have a blow job or a walk job.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »
It came back up at 10:23.  My bots commands (which I entered at 10:07pm) completed at 10:23pm.  I typed /con at 10:07pm and it actually sent the reply back at 10:23pm.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 10:37:36 PM »

damn Cron jobs.  I'd rather have a blow job or a walk job.

[emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »
Till it gets to 20 users.

I heard her server can now handle thousands of users.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 01:50:07 AM »
There was only 1 ddos attack in 7 Years. Not worth it.
disagree. there was a lot of ddos attacks and theyre always related to some kind of nerd drama, which happen regularly

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33:22 AM »
are there any other problems except get stuck at checking versions 10pm EDT or that is the only problem with new hosting?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
It's complete network pause for REPLIES.  The connections do not drop,  they still accept input,  its just that they do not REPLY.  It has only happened with this new host and it only happens from 10PM to 10:30pm EDT.  The only replies that the server will honor are ICMP Pings.  This is why it gets to the "Checking Version" screen,  the screens before this do not care if the server replies to anything other than a ping (which it does).  But the checking versions actually expects a real reply, but it does not get one so it hangs right there and times out.  I'm wondering if it's DDOS related to an attack that the host tried to mitigate at some point (not related to War2 at all) that affects ALL of their clients.  This to me seems like the only logical explanation for kind of network outage.  It's like they are trying to protect against a DDOS that happened at a certain time of the day/night.  There will not be anything you can do other than contact the host and tell them everything that we have discovered.  OR just change to a real host,  DDOS protection or not.  As for US servers not having DDOS protection....... erm, thats just non-sense.  Nearly ALL of them have it.  Well, the worthwhile hosts that is.  If you need a list of them, I know them all.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »
Well, they do reply, but the replies come in literally 20mins later lol.  As seen with my bot command attempts.  IE:  /con didnt fail, but it didnt produce any output either until AFTER the server started replying and the /con that it sent, was the /con from when I typed /con and not at the time that the server came back up.  So the server did try to send the reply, but the network itself held it until the problem stopped and then sent it.  This is why I still dont think this is a good host because if they are actually trying to mitigate a DDOS of some sort,  it's not working very well because all it does is pause things.  It doesnt actually kill anything at all.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:22:27 PM by {Lance} »