Author Topic: Things around here  (Read 18625 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Things around here
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
I sense the overwhelming feelings of apathy. Everything around here is stagnant with one exception of smeagols efforts to revive/unite pball community and his pball tournaments. Anti-hack? that's been talked about for months. hardware ban? No, let's have dellam, the notorious hacker of several years who ruined more games than we can count and discouraged tons of players from playing, 'help' and criticize everyone for weeks instead.

I say we give iL a deadline for those two projects - anti-hack and hardware ban. If it doesn't get done, somebody else, be it lance, tupac or whoever, should start their own server and i, for one, will gladly join there

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Things around here
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:15:57 AM »
I sense the overwhelming feelings of apathy. Everything around here is stagnant with one exception of smeagols efforts to revive/unite pball community and his pball tournaments. Anti-hack? that's been talked about for months. hardware ban? No, let's have dellam, the notorious hacker of several years who ruined more games than we can count and discouraged tons of players from playing, 'help' and criticize everyone for weeks instead.

I say we give iL a deadline for those two projects - anti-hack and hardware ban. If it doesn't get done, somebody else, be it lance, tupac or whoever, should start their own server and i, for one, will gladly join there

Only repeating everything i said since 1 year now, your suppose to eat their ass actually.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:35 AM »
go away, you trash. this is a real thread, not a eq-winchester thread. See flame wars for details

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:24:20 AM »
go away, you trash. this is a real thread, not a eq-winchester thread. See flame wars for details

No seriously?? You think everything you bring here is new and brillant? They dont fucking cares, they all gonna spit in your face and actually gonna put you in my side..

Telling you how your retard and make no sens.

Actually your really make no sens, licking staff balls for a year and now bring the accusation against them.

Your like a prostitute, selling your ass everywhere.

Make me laugh actor.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 04:34:40 AM »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Things around here
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:35:47 AM »

Only repeating everything i said since 1 year now, your suppose to eat their ass actually.

Lol, that last part did make me laugh EQ because it is true...this guy practically sleeps with the administration to get his own way and avoid the rules. Cries victim when he's caught breaking the rules and bitches to avoid punishment.

"No, let's have dellam, the notorious hacker of several years who ruined more games than we can count and discouraged tons of players from playing, 'help' and criticize everyone for weeks instead."

Now we have here CLAW, a retarded account thief who was dumb enough to log onto Dellam's account and get banned by Lightbringer-. Then, publicly cry about how his banishment was unfair and continued to bitch until his ban was overturned, his reason for logging onto Dellam's account? "Because he's human and couldn't resist" Lmfao...[emoji23]

" say we give iL a deadline for those two projects - anti-hack and hardware ban. If it doesn't get done, somebody else, be it lance, tupac or whoever, should start their own server and i, for one, will gladly join there"

I would say 2 weeks to purpose a plan to actually get more people on the server. A anti hack and hardware ban alone is not going to bring back people.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:59:44 AM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 06:22:06 AM »
I would say 2 weeks to purpose a plan to actually get more people on the server. A anti hack and hardware ban alone is not going to bring back people.
no you dumb cunt, but it would certainly help to not have hackers around. a normal person will absolutely abandon any old-ass game if the first thing they saw was dellam

im waiting for lance / tupac response, because i believe theyre capable and willing to start their own server if this one is 'dead'/'abandoned'. If any of them responds, we shall set a reasonable deadline, be it one month, two or w/e, and then start another server with admins that are alive. No more 'splitting the community' bullshit, because theres nothing to split anymore

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:07 AM »
They won't do it nobody follows through on anything around here I gave up trying to help

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 07:14:18 AM »
and here i am, scrolling through the likes of dellam, ryu and equinox.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
Things around here
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 07:29:32 AM »
and here i am, scrolling through the likes of dellam, ryu and equinox.

Still a better audience than yourself.

Go play victim some more.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 07:38:02 AM »

no you dumb cunt, but it would certainly help to not have hackers around. a normal person will absolutely abandon any old-ass game if the first thing they saw was dellam

im waiting for lance / tupac response, because i believe theyre capable and willing to start their own server if this one is 'dead'/'abandoned'. If any of them responds, we shall set a reasonable deadline, be it one month, two or w/e, and then start another server with admins that are alive. No more 'splitting the community' bullshit, because theres nothing to split anymore

IL is capable of doing anything, he's just slow at it...coupled with useless Admins is a recipe for disaster...

I would say Lance would be faster at implementing projects, but we still need a way to attract or bring back old players...without that it doesn't matter who hosts the server lol just another dead space.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »
See what I mean .
Point proven

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »
I sense the overwhelming feelings of apathy.
Same for me now.
All these game-dying talkings turn me into depression also.
I'm tired of that, no hunger to release that as soon as possible. Same for others as i see that. I hope things will be turned back soon. It's cyclic: period of activity, then period of apathy. Then activity again.

Anti-hack?
In addition to apathy you talking here:
I see some problems with antihack, still not clear for me, that's why i slow that down. I still hope to resolve the problems soon...

somebody else, be it lance, tupac or whoever, should start their own server and i, for one, will gladly join there
Sure, let them do. I never protest if someone try to do something himself.
Their own server or their own antihack or w/e.

Anyone feel free to start his own antihack, share it to others and let them use it if they trust him.
There have been several antihack solutions, but no one looked like final release.

Of course anybody fell free to setup his own server, just not sure if the community will move there.

Our main problem is everybody talks about to do something but nobody (almost nobody) do something.
Even the easiest task: host bot have not been released by anyone for years until i made it myself last summer.
Another task: cases ladder or enhanched ladder: of course anyone feel free fo release it, but nobody do it.

Equinox

Equinox cries about bad admins and dying server last 8 months, but didn't do something positive. He tried his own forum but it have been empty. He tried his own UWC league, but it have been empty. He tried his UWC league here, but it looks abandoned now and he cries that admins are guilty of all his problems.

Some other persons (like $pace) tried something, but people didn't trust them, so their servers have been empty.

If any of them responds, we shall set a reasonable deadline, be it one month, two or w/e, and then start another server with admins that are alive.
BTW, what's wrong with current SERVER? Antihack, HW protection are foreign services not quite related to server, so i'm about active admins here. What are their tasks to be online all the time?
To move stats and set icons, that's ok. Anything else? Our rules allows everything except hacking and cheating now, so what to moderate here?
Moderators will not help against DDoS or other attacks, banning cheaters is not something they can do effectively. So, do we need any moderators here generally? Only to transfer stats/setting icons? We can just setup bots for that actions and forget about moderators. Do we need any other admins/mods here?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
this thread was obviously to try to motivate you iL, lol

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
this thread was obviously to try to motivate you iL, lol
not sure if youre being sarcastic or not, but i dont consider myself one of those 'omfg server is dead wtf lol' clowns. the posts that followed, mostly eq, are a different story though.

it was merely an observation. Anti-hack was discussed together with the "to close or not to close the other clients" thread, where some of us believed it will be done within a reasonable period of time. Month after month its delayed, nowadays its not even discussed anymore. i remember hardware ban being a cherry on top and i dont think its that hard to do... especially since it has already been done by lance and he claims to help iL via PM :P
a deadline, 1 - 2 - 3 months, well anything, is better and will be something we will look forward to. You cant expect us to wait forever with little noticeable progress for something that may not even happen while accusing us of 'splitting the community' any time somebody tries to take matters into their own hands

as for admins/mods, i wasnt criticizing anybody in particular, 'admins that are alive' was a figure of speech representing general activity and progress