Author Topic: Host Bot  (Read 27207 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Host Bot
« on: August 14, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
I see the host bot is up but I still see that people have no idea about it or how to use it. Does the average person know what a EF_Hostbot is or does?

Understandably, there are only so many characters to be descriptive about in the screen name.

I hosted a game from the bot to show a noob and, even though he still didn't quite get it, other noobs were in the game I hosted. Long story short. Is there a way that maybe every.... 5-10 mins a game can be auto hosted from the bot?

I'm not sure if that would lag it or make any issues but I mean, noobs join games. We all know this because most of us kick them out. They just don't know how to make them.

If they don't know how to make them or use the bot, let's just make it for them? Maybe when they join the game, you can put instructions on how to use it or something.

Just an idea to help people play and more newer people play with more newer people.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Host Bot
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:29 PM »
Is there a way that maybe every.... 5-10 mins a game can be auto hosted from the bot?
yep, but it doesnt get done for some reason. i mentioned it about 1000 times, dont bother :p

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »
Use my bot then jeez it will host 24/7 even if no one joins.

Good for hosting melee and ums for rpgs maps!!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Host Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
Use my bot then jeez it will host 24/7 even if no one joins.

Good for hosting melee and ums for rpgs maps!!

Your uptime sucks, how will you host it 24/7 [emoji46]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
I didn't say I was gonna host it. He hosts it my hosting is 24 7 I use it alot more other stuff. I got more work too do then just play games.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »

I got more work too do then just play games.

Maybe you should try and play more...[emoji39], games dead need everyone on!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 10:42:24 PM »
I have contemplated auto-game creation (it's fairly simple to do) as well as a 10-15 min blurb about the bot's existence in the channel but decided against the blurb bit with assumptions that iL would ban it for one reason or another.  However, the autohosted games.... I do plan to do this anyway.  It's not difficult in the least.  I've also been improving it such that it can kick/ban/add cpu's on command of the player.  As well as a TvB game type as opposed to melee.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 05:43:24 PM »
I think that is a great idea too Lance. Having games consistently up will help a lot, in my opinion.

Admins, I personally think the host bot is your #1 asset in terms of newer players and even activity among existing ones. I don't know how many times I see people leave, not play, and complain they can't get in any games. I try to help in the chat but even with me telling them what to do, they can't seem to figure it out. Simple to us but not to people whom have never played.

I know we love the forums and activity (I'm 50/50 on that) but when we log in, we have all the newest forum topics appear on the chat to try and get more people on the forums. While I see the point to it and realize the benefits of having more people participate on the forums, I'd have to argue that it isn't too effective and that we would gain more using our efforts else where.

I think that forum thing takes up way too much room and when you have too much information coming at you at any particular instance, you naturally either pick certain things to look at and focus on or just not pay attention to any of it. I personally, don't think the forum should be on there. That or just have the site for everyone.

Anything on there should be for new people. They just downloaded the game, they just logged in, they are the ones who will be looking and reading it. Everyone who plays this (and uses it or plans to) knows where to go or how to find the forum. We need to help the people who have no idea what a HostBot even is in the first place.

We need to realize we currently use jargon and we tell people to do things they have no idea of because they have never heard it. So, instructions need to be specific. For example, don't just say use host bot to make your own game or simply message the host bot. Well, how do I message? I just downloaded the game.

That means nothing and is ineffective. Say, double click on the profile name EF_HostBot in the channel and it will provide you with instructions on how to play a game. Say, create your own teams and ally as people join because do they have any idea how melee works? Again, Lances TvB thing would be helpful.

I had my wisdom teeth out last Thursday and have been on quite a lot. Recently we are in a big drought of people online but I have seen many newer people online and I feel we just don't prepare them enough to keep their interest and enable them to make the best of this game.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:04:49 AM »
I had a little time tonight and added 2 new commands to the bot to make it a little more useful.  I've also started the conversion to Autoit.  The new commands use Autoit rather than NNCron which is a step in the right direction.  It cuts out the need for a 2nd script since Autoit has a COM object that allows mouse manipulations.  As the week goes on, I'll be converting the rest of the NNCron crap that iL had put together into the COM Autoit object instead.  This will consolidate the script into 1 single Stealthbot script making it easier to use but more importantly, easier to modify.

Anyway, to use the kick/ban commands it's fairly simple.  Obviously only the "GameOwner" can do these: 
/msg EF_HostBot kick 2     ---  Duh, kick player in slot 2
/msg EF_HostBot ban 2     ---  If you need help with this command, you need more than I can give. 

I've also added these 2 commands in the command list that the bot gives with /msg EF_HostBot help
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
msg EF_HostBot kick 2     ---  Duh, kick player in slot 2
/msg EF_HostBot ban 2     ---  If you need help with this command, you need more than I can give. 
Nice and easy idea!
Mouse click to player line location, right? Works for 2-8 slots? For both melee and TVB?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 10:31:02 AM »
It does yes.  I havent done tvb yet, but that's on the list.  I'll probably have tvb done by wed or so.  It uses autoit for the clicking instead for the slot features.  I still need to convert game creation, game login, and game exit,  but now that I've got a "click,  button down, and button move" sub function for autoit working correctly,  those will be easy to do.  And yea,  only slots 2-8 work ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:33:20 AM by {Lance} »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:43 AM »
And it no longer uses nncron,  it uses autoit for the clicking instead.
Probably good idea, nncron makes me confused also...
Also password for game could be a good step i didn't make because of nncron syntax.

Do you plan to share the autoit source code for your bot?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 01:13:06 PM »
Yep.  I plan to post it once I get nncron completely removed in favor of autoit which is going to be sometime this week.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
I know we love the forums and activity (I'm 50/50 on that) but when we log in, we have all the newest forum topics appear on the chat to try and get more people on the forums. While I see the point to it and realize the benefits of having more people participate on the forums, I'd have to argue that it isn't too effective and that we would gain more using our efforts else where.

I think that forum thing takes up way too much room and when you have too much information coming at you at any particular instance, you naturally either pick certain things to look at and focus on or just not pay attention to any of it. I personally, don't think the forum should be on there. That or just have the site for everyone.

Anything on there should be for new people. They just downloaded the game, they just logged in, they are the ones who will be looking and reading it. Everyone who plays this (and uses it or plans to) knows where to go or how to find the forum. We need to help the people who have no idea what a HostBot even is in the first place.

I agree with this. Could also add some hostbot info to the //noob command, and a page about it on the site for details. Or maybe a better way to catch new player's attention would be a new banner at the top that links to a page with all the basics -- latency, screenshots, host bot, etc.

Nice work on the hostbot btw Lance!
squeak!

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »
Nice progress, solid job Lance.

And if that auto game creation is simple to do, that would be a big plus too I think. Especially for those who just opened up War2 for the first time and just want to click and play. Let's make it as easy as possible.