Should Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?

Yes
7 (63.6%)
No
2 (18.2%)
Unsure
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?  (Read 17423 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
I'm not sure how much he'll still deny, but he secretly banned several people - and not for hacking - from his crystaldawn.net (instead of banning them on war2) so they couldn't access the server or the website.  This happened to both khb and Jitter at one time, as well as others.  He wasn't even supposed to be an admin either but he was hosting the server so he was able to do that.  There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm not sure we want to go into again, but that, for starters, is a reason to be concerned with him being host.  If he will swear not to do that stuff in the future I'd feel better about it, but things like that should give people pause.

There a difference between banning peoples and hacking peoples to steal there bank account and personal informations.

Did really people cares about whos lance have banned? This kind of behavior is easy to fix and dont deserve all that fake rumours peoples start on him.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:27:07 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
I never claimed Lance would hack people's bank accounts.  But you can't shrug off people getting randomly banned from the server and site.  That's a bad thing to happen. 

Not a good response: "Who cares?"  A good response: "It won't happen again."  People banned by Lance = Frost, jon, Burnt, KHB, Jitter, and more.  That would be very bad for War2 if something like it happened again.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »
That would be very bad for War2 if something like it happened again.

What would be even worse for war2 is if we let your neglect of this server continue. It's time for a change.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:08:01 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
Lance has changed. All this stuff is ancient history.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »
Thank you GaNz.  You don't play this game and never will so you're irrelevant, but if you believe he's changed that's a defensible opinion.  I would like to hear it from him of course.  Btw, saying, like Ryu did, that a bunch of people being banned is better than the status quo, is absolutely crazy and wrong.   

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »
Lots of people in the past have said "omgz the game is dead"  ... I understood that the game had a lot less players than it had in the past, but as long as i was able to log on and get a game in a relatively short amount of time it was never dead to me.

Now, the game in my opinion is "dead"  ... yeah there are still people logging on, but unless you just enjoy logging on to chat (which some people do) trying to actually play the game competitively is pointless.

I honestly dont think at this point the fear of Lance abusively banning people is a huge factor. If it were 3, 4, or more years ago I would agree.. But right now there isn't a lot of damage anyone can inflict on the community. Anyone who is honest with themselves will admit the game is gone.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »
Giving Lance the server is like giving someone this car... Sure if someone put the time and energy into it, she might clean up real nice and be something the driver can be proud of. But if you were to accidentally set it on fire and roll it down a hill at the end of the day it's still an old beat up near worthless car.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2015, 10:53:35 PM »
Thank you GaNz.  You don't play this game and never will so you're irrelevant, but if you believe he's changed that's a defensible opinion.  I would like to hear it from him of course.  Btw, saying, like Ryu did, that a bunch of people being banned is better than the status quo, is absolutely crazy and wrong.
His actions over the past year speak for themselves.

Kali IGL Stats

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
So you don't even need an admission or a promise not to do it again?

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »
So you don't even need an admission or a promise not to do it again?
Do you really think he would do it again and risk losing the server again? Hes not retarded. Just like he stopped hacking and streamed all his games for the past 2 years 

You guys can come up with some rules for him to follow like not banning players without approval from other admins or whatever and he can agree to them if you want.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Let Lance Host/Admin War2.RU Server?
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 12:02:31 AM »
Btw, saying, like Ryu did, that a bunch of people being banned is better than the status quo, is absolutely crazy and wrong.

Of course you feel that way...your part of the problem that is killing this server. What the fuck have you done in recent months to help save the community? Other than sit on your ass and ban people. Lance has changed, like GaNz said, it's ancient history...move on.

I honestly dont think at this point the fear of Lance abusively banning people is a huge factor. If it were 3, 4, or more years ago I would agree.. But right now there isn't a lot of damage anyone can inflict on the community. Anyone who is honest with themselves will admit the game is gone.

At least someone understands my point. [emoji52]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:34:11 AM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:16 AM »
I spoke on this topic already Blid.  My stance is simple.  I'll only entertain whatever iL asks me to do and nothing more.  iL hasnt even asked me to help out with the current server let alone entertain taking it over myself.  I was actually the first to approach him when he was having issues with Archer's UDP DOS and I was able to help him get it figured out with just 1 PM.  But again, it was not iL doing the initiating, it was me.  He also didnt post the source for his Hostbot on his own either.  I had to ask him to do that.  In order for things to improve,  it would have to be the other way around.  If he's having issues,  he knows that he's welcome to ask since I have told him that numerous times.  But he has never actually acted upon those offers.  Maybe he doesnt need help,  idk.  But whatever the reason,  it still makes it pointless to consider such options really.  Any "demands or promises" that I would even consider, would come from iL.  I certainly wouldnt acknowledge anything you have to say since 85% of it is based on false accusations/stories/misinformation, etc.  Anything you say is based on the FUD that has been circulating for years.  You're one of the biggest culprits of the FUD I've spoken about for many years.  And you know who admitted to it before you? (and that was a HUGE surprise to me because I thought he would NEVER come clean) Burnt is the only one to have finally come forward and admit that the shit that was said about me was completely false and done only to make me look bad because he was mad about whatever,  his life in general was not all cherries and roses as we all know.  The thread about that is on the old occult forum.  Maybe you missed it?
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 01:49:26 AM »
it worries me that lance pretends i hacked or have been caught hacking. why do hackers always project their sins on to other people :(

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
it worries me that lance pretends i hacked or have been caught hacking. why do hackers always project their sins on to other people :(
u showed me quite a few of ur hacks. only a moron would believe u never used them against people

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »
I didn't even play the game when Claw was around but based on what I have read, I also think its highly likely that claw hacks.
Kali IGL Stats