Author Topic: Antihack frontend, step 2  (Read 44382 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Antihack frontend, step 2
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 01:10:16 AM »
Ilusion, this anti hack mean nothing for now, only need to play with different client then 4.0 to avoid all that system.

your whole life is an illusion, hacker.

Offline hop

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:31 PM »
Have there been any false positives yet?  Has it been thoroughly tested for false positives?  Or is it just looking at the fog of war attribute or something? 

Seems like the worst thing possible is for somebody to get the perma-boot because they got flagged for using a custom soundtrack or something stupid.  Otherwise this thing is really cool.  I find myself compulsively checking it to see the people in my game.  You should write some sort of /ah command or integrate the statuses into /ping to see the people in your game without having to tab out.

Also, how long until we don't see "none" anymore?

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 07:02:16 PM »
Have there been any false positives yet?  Has it been thoroughly tested for false positives?  Or is it just looking at the fog of war attribute or something? 
Yes, just looking for several known attrubutes.
Also tried with all known utilities (war2insight, warvideo, etc) and i didn't find any false positives.
You shouldn't care of custom soundtracks, i also don't plan to enforce any perma-boots until it will be carefully tested in real life.
/ah command idea is perfect, i just planned to whisper notifications about people who didn't use antihack or use hacks when joining your game.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline hop

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
Also tried with all known utilities (war2insight, warvideo, etc) and i didn't find any false positives.
You shouldn't care of custom soundtracks, i also don't plan to enforce any perma-boots until it will be carefully tested in real life.
/ah command idea is perfect, i just planned to whisper notifications about people who didn't use antihack or use hacks when joining your game.
This is awesome. This is the biggest thing for this game. New people aren't coming and the few who do get s9'd and banned. Make it better for the last of us.

IL is like war2 hospice care.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:21:03 PM by hop »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »

This is awesome. This is the biggest thing for this game. New people aren't coming and the few who do get s9'd and banned. Make itbc better for the last of us.

Low budget hospice care.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »

This is awesome. This is the biggest thing for this game. New people aren't coming and the few who do get s9'd and banned. Make itbc better for the last of us.

Low budget hospice care.

Contentless attacks against the server and staff aren't helpful.  Please cut it out.  If you want to complain about something, that's fine, but make it a helpful criticism instead of a worthless flame in the future.  The people like iL who are working hard and creating stuff for this game don't need that kind of crap.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2015, 04:39:41 PM »

Low budget hospice care.

Contentless attacks against the server and staff aren't helpful.  Please cut it out.  If you want to complain about something, that's fine, but make it a helpful criticism instead of a worthless flame in the future.  The people like iL who are working hard and creating stuff for this game don't need that kind of crap.

Yessir Mr. Stalin...

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »
Stalin comparisons mean I'm doing something right.  Really, I want the same thing Burnt did, which is getting rid of the toxic aura created by posts like the ones I quoted, which is the kind of stuff that drags volunteers' interest down, but I'm giving you a fair chance by warning you first instead of just banning you out of nowhere. 

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2015, 04:43:28 PM »

Stalin comparisons mean I'm doing something right.  Really, I want the same thing Burnt did, which is getting rid of the toxic aura created by posts like the ones I quoted, which is the kind of stuff that drags volunteers' interest down, but I'm giving you a fair chance by warning you first instead of just banning you out of nowhere.

I said yessir...

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2015, 04:19:36 AM »
Now that the gow $$ tournament is over, I think it is time to advertise the anti-hack. It would be nice to see a proper channel topic set along with a bot informing people that the anti-hack is released, perhaps how to install it, and that soon it will be required to log into the server

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
Now that the gow $$ tournament is over, I think it is time to advertise the anti-hack. It would be nice to see a proper channel topic set along with a bot informing people that the anti-hack is released, perhaps how to install it, and that soon it will be required to log into the server

The time to do it was BEFORE the tournament like I said before.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »
Well...I suppose we could make it mandatory for players to have anti hack installed before the start of the next tournament.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 09:45:05 AM »

yeah but your opinion doesnt matter so i didnt even answer you. everyone else ignored you as well.

Now its time :)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »

It's a monthly tournament, plenty of time to get people onto the AH version before the next one.

We already know both finalists used the AH this time, so we know this tournament was pretty legit anyway.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 05:49:59 AM »

Well required to play, not log in I hope. But agree, I'll look into it.
squeak!