Author Topic: Split: Burnt banning Lance, Ganz & Ryu from server/forum  (Read 29330 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Split: Burnt banning Lance, Ganz & Ryu from server/forum
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
I don't think you processed my post correctly.  Take some more time with it.

I appreciate burnt's work, had some convos with him on facebook. I didn't care that he absolutely ignored all forms of communication and the polls regarding the icons and just went ahead and assigned one to each of his clan members. It was okay. I didn't care that he announced $$ tournaments and then didn't show up or say a word about it, making me look like a fool because I already set up the facebook events.

But I do care about this kind of crap, it's basically the opposite of what "war2ru" was supposed to be like. With this kind of shit around - shadowbans and deletion of the inconvenient posts - this is nothing but old war2custom, but with lazy moderation and slow progress. The choice is simple

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »
No, I think you're seriously missing some of the key points of my previous post, such as

I would reinstate Ganz and Ryu even if we are changing how we moderate, even if it means they're rebanned in short order.
Lance has his version and I don't like it but it's so much better to just leave that past in the past, if, in the present, Lance is playing clean games, contributing to the server, and so on.  Burnt's question is why did Lance ever get unbanned in the first place and I don't really know, but given that he's been a positive member of the community for awhile I don't think banning him is productive.
^Clearly I'm against all these bans.

I apologize to the banned players because, right now, my first priority is to keep everyone together and happy and I don't want to give up on that yet.  If all attempts at that are exhausted then it will be time to consider other alternatives.
^Ready for other alternatives if Burnt can't be brought on the same page.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 04:01:18 PM »
And what are you blathering about? Some stealth switching moderation rules? If so, just SAY it, ANNOUNCE.
And you say this^

I literally said the exact same thing vvvv
if we were a community that didn't have specific rules that people are supposed to follow, then banning the problem people would be fine.  That's another way to run a community.  No specific rules, but if we judge you have stepped out of line, we can take action as we see fit.  However, since we do have all these rules posted, I feel like that's kind of a promise by us to moderate by those rules and not ad hoc. 

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
Why didn't he start a thread "I feel ganz, ryu and lance are bad for our community, so I went ahead and banned them from the forums, then lied to other admins, then banned them from the server"? Why has he deleted all the threads ever since? This is a series of very serious violations and the BEST CASE SCENARIO is that he walks away free without any consequences. BEST, because it won't happen. Apparently it will be iL's "call", and, your words, "In iL's eyes, Burnt is still the leader".

Don't you see that burnt basically CONFIRMED with his actions every word lance said about him? About lying, covering tracks, changing stories? He's done everything from this little list just today... and your long-ass post had nothing to offer, other than "we're all burnt bitches, too afraid to take action, lets wait and hopefully he'll change his mind about this blatant rule violation". My chickens would be just as efficient

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 04:07:20 PM »
And what are you blathering about? Some stealth switching moderation rules? If so, just SAY it, ANNOUNCE.
And you say this^

I literally said the exact same thing vvvv
if we were a community that didn't have specific rules that people are supposed to follow, then banning the problem people would be fine.  That's another way to run a community.  No specific rules, but if we judge you have stepped out of line, we can take action as we see fit.  However, since we do have all these rules posted, I feel like that's kind of a promise by us to moderate by those rules and not ad hoc.

bawk bawk

Offline EF_GameBot

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
My chickens would be just as efficient

Haha holy crap I just about died laughing there.  Claw is such an asshole.  But,  he's spot on with everything he's said in this singular thread so far.  I'm thoroughly impressed.  Then again I guess I'm biased since he's mowing greener grass on my side of the fence ;)  It's good however to finally see some public discussion about this though.  Not so cool that it had to take me circumventing a ban to get it started though.  I dislike having to hide my identity to get things done.  Just remove the damn ban on the War2 server and the forums so we can discuss this without having to act like it's halloween and hide behind masks guessing at who people are.

You know somethin is up when claw and lance agree upon anything :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:38:06 PM by EF_GameBot »

Offline EF_GameBot

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
Oh ya,  here's another gem I forgot to mention.

Burnt knows that EF_HostBot and EF_GameBot are my bots.  Yet he let them do their job for a good 56 hours or so by NOT banning them.  Completely leeching off me until I eventually found out what he had done (Ryu is actually the one who emailed me about it).  At first I didnt believe it because there was no reason for doing something that stupid and my bots were running fine.  So i brushed it off.  But when I got home and went to update the Mod section with updates for the bot.  Low and behold,  banned just like Ryu had said.  I checked the war2 server from my home IP.  Yep, banned there too.  Ya I was some freakin pissed.  That confirmed the "leech" thing i am always calling him also.  That guy is nothing but an f'ing Leech,  leeching off other's work and then calling it his own.

Action needs to be taken now rather than tomorrow, next week, next year.  This should have all been resolved Sun when I emailed iL the first time.  At this pace it's going to take weeks.

Offline Legend

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 04:48:09 PM »
Burnt came on and banned the 3 of us yesterday, then realized that he had overstepped his bounds and unbanned us less than an hour later. He had thought that nobody had noticed but Ryu and I sure did. Ryu then made a thread explaining what had happened and it got to about 2 pages long and then burnt came on, saw it, deleted it, and rebanned all of us. He even deleted all of Ryu's stats on the game.

This is the same thing he was complaining about Lance doing in the past. Making people disappear without a trace, no judge, no jury.

The real reason I feel that I was banned was because I made the poll asking if Lance should host the servers. This is the only explanation I can think of. Why else would he ban Lance? I can kind of understand the reason behind myself and ryu(even then, why is he doing it in secret?), but Lance??? He has done nothing but good things the past few years. He has been helping iL behind the scenes and just made the awesome host bot. This clearly shows that it has everything to do with him staying in power and nothing to do about the forums. He is still mad at Lance for whatever happened 7 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:58:18 PM by Legend »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
Well hmmmm... I'm not sure why they where banned. Is there somethin I don't know? ?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 04:58:25 PM »
Well hmmmm... I'm not sure why they where banned. Is there somethin I don't know? ?
Nope.

Offline EF_GameBot

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »
Mmm yes thats right,  he deleted Ryu's war2 stats.  He was telling me that also.  Forgot about that tidbit.  WTF purpose does that serve?  Dude's already banned, why go that extra step and delete stats?  Like,  whats the point of that other than an even louder "fuck you" statement.

Offline Legend

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 05:14:20 PM »
Mmm yes thats right,  he deleted Ryu's war2 stats.  He was telling me that also.  Forgot about that tidbit.  WTF purpose does that serve?  Dude's already banned, why go that extra step and delete stats?  Like,  whats the point of that other than an even louder "fuck you" statement.

It shows that his actions are based on rage, not rational thought.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »
You have to remember that there is discussion on this topic behind the scenes, both in the admin forum and by PM.  The discussion started immediately, before this thread was created.  Burnt will be removed from admin, as he has asked to be removed after some discussion.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:39:31 PM by blid »

Offline Legend

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 05:22:33 PM »
well I guess you can lift the bans now?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »
Well, come to think of that, the forum has been much more pleasant lately!