Author Topic: New Video For $100 60 Man PBall Tourny Oct 3rd 8 PM CDT  (Read 15564 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: New Video For $100 60 Man PBall Tourny Oct 3rd 8 PM CDT
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »

Here is a 1v1 between me and $Killa$Lancelot I just uploaded, its a really good 60 Man game. The tournament is coming up quick now it should be epic =D. http://youtu.be/-hPybvjo9Z0
Here's the event if anyone wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/events/875943259110147/

Lmfao

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Crash3r

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »
Dodgeball was always my favorite sport in middle school, so its rather fitting.

Really tho, like smeagol said there is a dodgeball map and pball is not dodgeball. Theres the mage dodgeball, its okay, but its mainly just funny, and can be intense because it kind of has a russian roulette element to it - running around in darkness not knowing when you could get popped by a stray fireball

its funny, but not alot of skill, theres some, but alot of luck too

Smeagol's 45 men however is my favorite pball map. It is deffinitely best compared to Chess, even though smeagol argues chess is a different game and theres even a pball map for that.

But really 45 men = chess. You have a group of units with different capabilities and its all about how you are going to use those capabilities to your advantage and to the disadvantage of your opponent.

Alot of pball, like chess, is literally mind games. when a group of units is rushing toward you in 45 men, should you bring your mage up and fireball them? Or is that group of units coming toward you merely a distraction to make you bring your mage up so that another group of units can attack you from the side and kill the mage?

Its not just 'micro this' 'micro that' there is alot of macro games at play - setting up traps for your opponent to walk into, predicting his next move etc

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
Hi Riley

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
45 Man, 80 Man, Team War, and PBalls like that do have some of the same elements of chess. In chess each piece has a different function rooks move horizontal or vertical, bishops diagonal so on. PBall is similar in that way, mage kills the most, peasant is fastest and most range, skele kills archer, archer kills knights, knights slaughter footmen so on. PBall is quick reactions, using good strategy, and just experience and outplaying your opponent. I've heard many people compare PBall to chess actually I agree it's similar that each unit is different and there's strategy to it, chess you gotta think moves ahead though its pure logic. I like both actually PBall and chess, I love PBall though always good fun, this tournament is going to be awesome.

Offline Crash3r

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »
Also people are creatures of habit. You might kick my ass at 45men the first and second time, but the 3rd time you go and try to do the exact same thing and I've got you.

You can learn people's MO, and then use it against them. Take Smeagol for example, one of his classic 45 men strategies: rush hard at start with a ton of units, push past your outter defenses then fireball the shit out of all your good units back in the corner because you havent had time to spread anything out yet.

Well this one gets me all the time, but alot of times I predict hes going to do this. I counter rush hard against his rush, then with that distraction in auto-pilot (patrol rush), i micro an attack around the side and take out his mage from behind which is coming down to get my units below.

These type of pball maps are not simple and mindless as people seem to think for some reason. I dont know what people like blid think pball is - that we just grab all our units and rush at each other and then theres a 50/50 change of whos going to win?? lol not at all

its alot about reading peoples patterns, predicting opponents next moves, thinking 10 steps ahead, reacting quickly, distractions and traps.

Just as I gave the example of using smeagol's strategy against him, people use my strategies against me too. You have to keep changing your strategies because if your opponent is smart he will memorize them and use them against you when he sees you setting up for one
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:24:20 PM by Crash3r »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »
October 3rd 9 PM EST, 8 PM CDT, 7 PM MDT, 6 PM PDT, The tournament is tomorrow, less than 24 hours away!!!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Good luck to all!