Author Topic: New Video For $100 60 Man PBall Tourny Oct 3rd 8 PM CDT  (Read 15579 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: New Video For $100 60 Man PBall Tourny Oct 3rd 8 PM CDT
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »
Alleria micro isn't the most important thing really. If you lose too many footmen you're going to get run over by a good rush. If you take all their Allerias quickly or all of their Allerias while maintaining nearly 1 to 1 then yes. Alleria micro taking footmen and Allerias is key instead over just going for Allerias. There are more complex PBalls like 45 Man and 80 Man, they have mage and more varied units.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:01:18 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Thomas29

• Grunt
  • Hey hey hey, That's what I'll Say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »
I would Play But a lot of Douche Bags make it Clear I Suck And Should Let them jerk off in peace and quiet alone in a dark room.
Eat Healthy, Stay Fit And Die Anyways.... Just Smoke Some Bud!

If I Don't Smoke Some Bud I Will Shrivel Up And Die Like A Beautiful Flower Without Water!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

I would Play But a lot of Douche Bags make it Clear I Suck And Should Let them jerk off in peace and quiet alone in a dark room.

Lol what?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »
Translation:  He's butthurt.  I guess he's not to good and it bugs him when people rub it in.  That sort of thing usually motivates people to get better.  But then again it has the opposite effect on some others too.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
Thomas you are welcome to the cash tournament on October 3rd, or any tournament I host. PBall is a lot more straight forward than BNEs or GOW, it's easier to pick up, but can be just as hard to master. To get decent at it shouldn't be as hard as GOW though, I'd be willing to help you, give you some tips of whatever. Anyone is welcome to my tournaments, and most of the PBall community is pretty nice we're willing to help. I mean you might get some shit, but it's all in good fun no one means it. Anyway you are welcome to the tournaments, and I'm willing to help you get good at PBall.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »
Pball,  the Dota (bane) of my existence (haha I crack me up).  If you like Pball, you are playing the wrong game.  I'll still come whoop you at it though if I am around :)  Why is it called "Pball" though?  I dont see any resemblance to paintball at all.  It's more like Dball if you ask me.  DodgeBall lmao.  Dota should have been called the same thing,  Dball,  and all of it's successors should all be called Dball hahaha.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:06:43 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
With that argument I could name any game in existence, let's take Diablo 3 and say if you like Diablo 3 you are playing the wrong game. I've played PBall since 2002 when it came out, before that I played GOW, BGH, whatever was up. I have beaten the in game campaigns long ago and building maps got boring to me. It's all a video game it's what you enjoy. I enjoy the fast paced action of PBall, dodging or back and forth as you've said in 2 posts are not what PBall is about. PBall is about spreading your men out, well balanced and timed attacks with fireballs, and avoiding fireballs, rushes. It's basically a big micro war, you are using your men to strategically kill theirs. As for why it's PBall, in real Paintball the rules are usually you get hit once you are out, in almost all PBalls the units are 1 HP so one hit dead, there are some PBalls with low hp units but they are the minority.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
Ok, so in Dodgeball,  you can take multiple hits and still be in the game?  Heh a rename is in order ;)  I'm just pickin on you :P  Pball is fine, I just would like to see people play a real war2 game is all.  It's not really that much different from the NWTR type of maps, the only difference are the units used.  The principle is exactly the same although dumbed down quite and much simpler to understand.  I can see how PBall would be easy to pick up and understand.  Of all the customs "types"  I think PBall is probably the only one that has any relevance in a real war2 game where skill directly translates and likely the only custom I'd ever actually consider trying out.  UC in a real war2 game is paramount, especially in something like GoW (12/2), NWTR, FoC, PoS, etc.  They all require good UC at some point during the game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:27:34 PM by {Lance} »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Yeah there is actually a dodgeball PBall game, its called Mageball haha. It's 4 mages on each team separated by water in the middle, you play dodgeball like in real life but with mages lol. Yeah PBall is easy to try out for your first time, you just have to fight the other team with your units. As you get better though you realize you have to spread out, ways to attack that get their units while saving yours, and your experience goes up. To get decent at PBall won't take long but to play on the top level with the best PBallers can be harder. Yeah unit control can definitely transfer to a normal game magic use, quick reactions, to me PBall is just quick paced fun that easily passes time. Hope you can make the tournament Lance, I'd even be willing to play a couple games of 60 Man / PBall with you sometime before then and give you some tips if you want.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:19:09 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 10:17:37 PM »
Just thought I'd add a little strategy tips for 60 Man PBall for people interested in playing it. I've been hosting it on and off and will continue to host 60 Man PBall for the next month until the tournament if anyone wants to practice. Here's my tips for 60 Man:

You always want to stand ground your men, if you don't when they attack you with Alleria's or footmen your men will run away and die. Some people use 4 Allerias  at once some 1, its probably better to start out with 1, a lot of pros use 4 Allerias or switch(talked about later). Take footmen, don't just go for Allerias or you'll get rushed. You want to defend your front and side, some people use more footmen some use not that many whatever works for you, but guard all around. You can try attacking their side to get some surprise Allerias. Some people switch 1 Allerias with 1 Alleria in and out to clear the Alleria and lure. If you run out of Allerias you should probably try to rush all your men at once, if you've taken enough footmen you will win if your rush is good enough.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:32:01 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 05:13:24 AM »
The tournament is less than a week away!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »

The tournament is less than a week away!

Nice! Make sure to war video, Mano said he was gonna attend.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »

Yeah less than week away till the p ball tourney.
I got my bot in the main channel advertising so hopefull we should get a big turnout
war2 > war3

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
Okay yeah I forgot I was going to let you know when to do that, good thinking Tora. Ryu yeah I'll definitely warvid, I warvid 90% of my regular games anyway, but I always warvid tournaments and if I go out I warvid other peoples games. The people who I know will show up is 8+ so I'm hoping for a good turnout of 16+.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
Here is a 1v1 between me and $Killa$Lancelot I just uploaded, its a really good 60 Man game. The tournament is coming up quick now it should be epic =D.

Here's the event if anyone wants to join: https://www.facebook.com/events/875943259110147/