Author Topic: splitting topics  (Read 15567 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
splitting topics
« on: August 28, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
worst fucking thing ever ... it's like admins are tying to play hide and seek with threads

"hey yeah we know you started a topic, but WE decided someone's response derailed a little bit and now we need to turn it into multiple topics, because here at server.war2.ru we don't believe in threads evolving!"

seriously. its extremely annoying. let a thread take it's course, even if it's course leads to the thread turning a different direction.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: splitting topics
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
i personally believe it's the admin's subconscious telling themselves:

"look admin.. you're not going to log onto the server and play games/interact with the community ... the least you can do is scramble the fuck out of the forums to at least make it look like you're trying to do something productive for the community"

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:18:30 PM »
this basically sums it all up.. admin tries reorganizing threads ---- turns them to complete shit.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:22 PM »
i dont really get why you feel so passionately about this.

il made a thread about the antihack, providing an update.  the thread ended up having 2-3 pages of discussion on admins and what they should be doing.  the original thread topic was completely buried with the new stuff, and anyone who wanted to talk about the role of admins wouldnt know it was in there.  the topic split allows the new conversation to be clearly marked, and restores the first thread to its original purpose, and no one is harmed in the process.  the antihack is one of the most important projects ongoing in this ocmmunity, and i dont think it should be buried in unrelated posting.

i know you haaaaaaaaaate it but it honestly seems like more of an emotional response than a logical one..

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:08:11 PM »
i dont really get why you feel so passionately about this.

il made a thread about the antihack, providing an update.  the thread ended up having 2-3 pages of discussion on admins and what they should be doing.  the original thread topic was completely buried with the new stuff, and anyone who wanted to talk about the role of admins wouldnt know it was in there.  the topic split allows the new conversation to be clearly marked, and restores the first thread to its original purpose, and no one is harmed in the process.  the antihack is one of the most important projects ongoing in this ocmmunity, and i dont think it should be buried in unrelated posting.

i know you haaaaaaaaaate it but it honestly seems like more of an emotional response than a logical one..

Because you guys are full of shit and not neutral for this kind of stuff.

You split what you want and you dont split what you dont.

How much threads do you flamez me and you let winchester and ryu post bad useless thing about me.

You guys are trying to put work where we need the less, there not enouph peoples on this forum to put so much work in that kind of stuff compare to the real problemes.

Actually your breaking the atmosphere by doing this kind of shit, when peoples argue about whatever they want, you let peoples talk untill its became lie, personal life, racist or religion.

But you prefere to control and lie about everything like if you guys are vladimir poutine himself.

American and rest of the world dont like this kind of russian control, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:10:31 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:57:23 PM »
once i get involved in a thread whether im the one who made it, am just posting in someone else's thread, or just reading it without participating i like it to be where it is like it is... once it gets all scrambled and tore apart and put in different places its like "ok well someone just killed this thread completely.."

it makes it a chore to keep track of wtf just happened and what's going on. like literally.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 09:59:18 PM »
i pretty much agree with every single point EQ made too

splitting what u want how you want because it makes sense to you .. possibly not anyone else?

... and there are like 7 people who post here... maybe another 7 who just glance at the forums from time to time. who are you rearranging it for? lol

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
How much threads do you flamez me and you let winchester and ryu post bad useless thing about me.

It's not bad and useless things about you.

You actually hack at this game, so it serves as a warning for all people who don't know to be wary of you when playing.
You try to swindle money from people, and you already have swindled your own family, including your own father who is sick,  this serves as a warning not to trust you since you're a snake.
You have laughed at your own grandmothers death on this forum. This serves to show what kind of a toxic human being you are in game and in real life, you are a scumbag with no morals and no heart.

The only one who posts useless things continuously is you. You don't even play this game anymore in your own words and yet you have always attacked people who "Didn't play anymore" telling them that there opinions etc are useless, so you fall into your own category of a useless poster now. So well done, you can set the standard for the "don't play anymore and have useless opinions" people by leaving and not posting anymore, no one will miss you.

But of course, you're never a man of your word. Closing the client poll is a perfect example of this and the promise you made.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:11:01 PM by Winchester »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
like, nothing is being censored at all.  tk agreeing with eq is making me laugh because you guys arent even talking about the same thing, eq is complaining about flames that get let go and what gets sent to the flame forum.  tk is blubbering because we had two legit subjects being discussed in the same thread and we branched them out into the two threads.  and yet they're both like "i agree, you're right!!!" even though they're not even talking about the same thing.

giving a new topic more room to breathe is not bad.  letting an original topic continue to exist in its thread instead of being drowned out is not bad. 

whether you tihnk things should be organized in that way, which is undeniably good organization, or whether you tihnk topics should be left to drift organically, is a matter of personal preference.  but if you're on the "let things drift organically" side, while that's fine, acting like the opposing view is some sort of outrage is retarded.  this is a babby complaint.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
and btw, for a random thread i dont really care what people talk about, but in a thread about a major update to the server's biggest project (antihack), yes, ill move out discussion if the topic changes.  ill give it its own topic.  you can continue discussing the new subject in the new topic if youre interested in that.  so what?  now the major antihack update can still be discussed as wlel.  it's GOOD.  and even if you don't agree with it, it's NOT censorship, it's NOT oppressive, it's NOT a big deal.

caring about it as much as you do, tk, is fucked up

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:47 PM »
like, nothing is being censored at all.  tk agreeing with eq is making me laugh because you guys arent even talking about the same thing, eq is complaining about flames that get let go and what gets sent to the flame forum.  tk is blubbering because we had two legit subjects being discussed in the same thread and we branched them out into the two threads.  and yet they're both like "i agree, you're right!!!" even though they're not even talking about the same thing.

giving a new topic more room to breathe is not bad.  letting an original topic continue to exist in its thread instead of being drowned out is not bad. 

whether you tihnk things should be organized in that way, which is undeniably good organization, or whether you tihnk topics should be left to drift organically, is a matter of personal preference.  but if you're on the "let things drift organically" side, while that's fine, acting like the opposing view is some sort of outrage is retarded.  this is a babby complaint.

It's totally the same thing, maybe it's 2 different splitting for you but the major point is just about splitting himself..

Splitting into two different threads or splitting to flamez wars is the same thing untill you destroy a thread where we finnally get some activity.

You guys are acting like if we live in a robot world where everything have to be syncro and clean, but you cant even syncro and clean your own server for the last ten year with all that stupid decision you guys take all day long.

Be serious, how the fuck you cares so much about thread when you cant even reach 100 members regulary on your stuipid client.

BE FUCKING SERIOUS DUDE, YOUR MOST POPULAR THREAD RIGHT NOW ARE ALL ABOUT PAINTBALL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRO!! keep splitting your stupid threads.

You guys doing great job, clap clap!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 11:19:32 PM »
I don't destroy a thread where we have activity.  I create a thread for that activity to continue in.

Look no further than the thread from today.  When I split it and created the new "role of admins" thread, activity did not stop in any way.  Everyone kept posting.  That is an undeniable fact.  The discussion continued, and the only effect was that the anti-hack thread had room to continue on topic.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »
BE FUCKING SERIOUS DUDE, YOUR MOST POPULAR THREAD RIGHT NOW ARE ALL ABOUT PAINTBALL, ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRO!!

At least it's about the actual game. Which is alot better then any of your threads

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:57 PM »
Paintball actually is not the actual game, I'm afraid.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »
Paintball actually is not the actual game, I'm afraid.

Paintball is War2RU.