Author Topic: [done] Save Files not working  (Read 3563 times)

Offline T-Rex

• Peon
    • View Profile
[done] Save Files not working
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
Hey guys, I downloaded the nostalgia edition a few days ago so I could relive the WC2 campaigns again. I played through a few levels and exited the game, but when I came back later, I found that the save file I made did not exist on my computer. I have checked .../appdata/local/virtualstore/...etc and other likely locations, but I can't seem to find any save files I have created to try to figure out the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? I certainly don't want to have to restart the campaign every time I want to play it hahaha.

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on a Dell Precision M4600 laptop. Runs the game perfectly fine, just can't reload any game of mine. Very frustrating, so any help would be appreciated. If nothing else, I can just run the game until I beat each campaign and never turn off my computer haha.

-Marked closed, if you would like to do a remote session PM me. - TuPaC
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:47:18 PM by tupac »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: Save Files not working
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 03:14:05 PM »
Hi t rex!!! What version on combat did you install. Make sure it's installed in C:/ and not the program folder UAC might be your issue well let me know

Thanks!

Right click war2 shortcut click open file location. You should have a folder called saves or save. Should be in there.

Offline T-Rex

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 06:18:08 PM »
I'm running version 401, and it's got its own folder in C:, so it should be good. However, this version is the one without the original music, which I want to hear. So I tried to use the Nostalgia edition of the download, but I can't seem to make it install either. I receive this error:

!   Cannot execute "C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.330\warcraft2\install.exe"

and I have no idea why it comes up. Also, I see the files you are talking about, but when I run the Nostalgia pack, it doesn't write to that folder at all. I think it's because the installation of that edition isn't working properly, now that I think about it. Is there any way I can use the other version and add/modify files to make it play the sounds and music?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »
oh so you are using battle.net edition? Did you mount an iso or make a CD? What Operating System do you use? Would you like remote support?

Offline T-Rex

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »
I did neither of those things, I just hit install and let it do its thing. It saved to a folder in C:. I'm running a 64 bit version of Windows 7, btw.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »
If you have trouble with making a save and you want to turn your computer off and play on the lvl you started off last, I suppose you could use the level skip cheat code over and over till you were at the last level you left off at. Just use that as an alternative until tupac helps fixes it fully :p

Offline T-Rex

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
You, sir, are a genius. I never even considered that option. I may do that, if I can find the cheats. Question, are there cheats for the expansions as well? Never have used cheats for Warcraft games.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
I don't believe there are any expansion exclusive cheats.

I can't remember any of the cheats personally since I used to own the playstation version of the game and would use the cheats on that.

Just try stick to the level skip only cheat though! ;) don't go toggling god mode on us haha

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 07:38:48 PM »
LMFAO...[emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »
Single Player Cheat Codes

This page consists of the in-game cheats only. I do not have, nor will I put hacks up no this page. So don't bother asking.

To use cheatcodes, you must be in a single player game if you are using the Battle.net edition of War2. If you are using any older versions of Warcraft (or 'classic' through Battle.net edition), then cheat codes can be used in multi-player games if you allow it.

Most of them are useless, but some are helpful for testing strategies, or seeing how a map is layed out.
To activate a cheat code, type it in exactly as I have it below . Re-type the same code to deactivate the cheat. Upgrade cheats like 'deck me out' can not be un-done.

every little thing she does - All the spells and infinite mana

glittering prizes - 10,000 gold, 5000 lumber, 5000 oil

hatchet - Trees chopped in just 2 chops

it is a good day to die - Invincibility

make it so - Everything builds extra fast

on screen - Show the entire map with no fog of war

Those above 6 cheat codes are the only ones you will need for experimenting, but for completeness sake, I'll list the not so useful ones as well.
4-7 - Displays "We're smarter than you" on the screen   -Submitted by Viperblade
day - Displays "FIEF" on the screen

deck me out - Instant smith upgrades

disco - Plays the hidden song on the cd

netprof - Displays a laser show (older versions only)

never a winner - Keeps playing after you win the mission

spycob - 5000 oil

swapmask - Toggle the fog of war

there can be only one - Brings you to the last single player level

tigerlily - Enables level jumping

orc# - Brings you to orc level '#' (1-14)
human# - Brings you to human level '#' (1-14)
xorc# - Brings you to orc expansion level '#' (1-12)
xhuman# - Brings you to the human expansion level '#' (1-12)
ucla - Displays "go bruins" on the screen

unite the clans - Causes an instant victory

valdez - 5000 oil

you pitiful worm - Causes an instant loss

http://war2.warcraft.org/cheats.shtml
-------------------------------------------

Well maybe we can try to remote connect and i see can from there.

Offline T-Rex

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 08:44:18 PM »
Sweet, thanks guys. Don't worry, I don't plan on being a 1337 haxxorz Xxqwiksk0p3r69blaze420xX or anything hahaha. Just want to play the campaigns c:

I appreciate all the help!

Yes, man what this section is for! Also if you would like to work on those errors that brought you here we can just pm when you want to setup a session over team viewer.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:24:32 PM by tupac »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 09:05:03 PM »
You're welcome, enjoy the campaign. :p

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »
If you need any help with some of the stages without cheating, feel free to ask :P I like to play through it maybe 1-2 times a year as a way of getting used to map variety.