Author Topic: Paintball is not War2 or is it?  (Read 12892 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: Paintball is not War2 or is it?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »
Lol Ganz the maps you supposedly got to #1 on are the simplest BNEs possible so you have no room to talk. Blid look through the Warcraft 2 Official Strategy Guide sometime there are far more than 3 maps with only units or with many units to start with resources less prevalent. Ganz chimes in at the end of the discussion with irrelevant information, PBall is a custom map which yes is a real map like any other map. I never said PBall was a BNE if that's what you are implying Ganz.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:42 PM »
Also if Age Of Empires is more like Warcraft 2 than a custom game made in the game Warcraft 2 map editor played within the game of Warcraft 2 to you, you may be retarded.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:18:17 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
I do not consider PBall to be War2 either.  It,  more like War3's Dota maps.  There are core War3 players that will tell you flat out,  Dota maps are NOT war3,  as they should not be because it has nothing at all to do with the RTS War3.  It's a completely different game in itself.  So much so that the map creators actually LEFT Blizzard because Blizzard didnt like their map creations and they started their own company and made "Dota 2".

I do agree that Pball "can" assist a Gow player with unit control but not in enough situations where it would really make a difference.  The only instance it would come in handy is with 9/s9 cat battles where the cats have 1HP,  something I've done many times myself but it is rare.  It can also happen with any of the neighborly spots but its so rare that it's almost insignificant.  Trying to protect a cat with footment/ogres/whatever that are practically dead IS a skill, but nothing thats really going to make you improve overall in a real War2 game no matter what the map is.  How is that going to help you in B2B for example?  It's not.

IMO new players shouldnt even know PBall exists until after they've mastered at least Gow BNE (ef or f) heh.  They should actually be playing the Campaigns first,  then play some Gow BNE (ef or F) games with the CPUs,  then online with players, and then classic Gow (ef or f but with players, not CPUs of course).  To me thats the proper recipe to make a great war2 player.  I think BNE should be played first because it slowly introduces the player to proper building placement.  It's hard to learn placement with things like roads running through the middle of your town :)  Classic Gow is an advanced version of BNE.  Many good players have followed this path.  Not sure of many Pballers who could stand a chance vs someone like Swift in ANY map let alone gow.  This is an example of someone who followed this exact recipe, there are lots of other examples.

How many PBall maps were hosted on the blizzard servers?  0
How many KPud maps were hosted on the blizzard servers?  All of them

Case closed.  PBall is a different game.

Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »
This is why Tk[as]'s post about how splitting posts is ridiculous is relevant in some circumstances. Blid and Winchester were already talking about PBall on the forum split topic, and I replied to Blid and this gets made into a separate topic. The same way that Il asked what admins could I answered and it turned into a discussion on the anti hack post(this one I can see splitting though.) Blid, Winchester, and Equinox were already talking about PBall replying to that is how the thread naturally evolved.(Your argument on Tk's post was you mainly only do it on server important topic obviously not true.)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
putting all theorycrafting aside, it is very easy to tell how "easy" a map is. Just take a person that plays one type of map exclusively and see how well he performs on the other maps. The more skills his map covered, the easier the transition will be. My obversation is that in terms of versatility/flexibility:

gow players > custom* players > pball players
(custom = chop and macro oriented maps such as archers, 62 peons, bgh's.)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »
blid just likes splitting topics because it gives him something to do and make him feel like he's contributing to something .. it's not a war that is going to be won any time soon.

there is literally no point. the community itself is tiny, and the forum community is even smaller. it's just him sitting on his laptop at his house bored out of his mind thinking "hmm.. i think this belongs over here instead" and then letting everyone else figure out why pieces of the thread are missing and where they went.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »
Also if Age Of Empires is more like Warcraft 2 than a custom game made in the game Warcraft 2 map editor played within the game of Warcraft 2 to you, you may be retarded.
Your dilusional if u think pball is anything close to war2. Hell any rts is closer to war2 than pball. Pball isn't even in the same genre (rts) as war2.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »
How many PBalls were hosted on Blizzard servers? You mean as in to download, none. How many PBall's were hosted on Battle.net? 1000's. From 2002-2004 on east PBall was hosted all day long probably more than GOW at that time. I played the campaigns, BNEs and Gow, then got in PBall, means nothing it's all a video game i found I preferred PBall. If people play Wacraft and get into PBall then later GOW you should just be happy they got into Wacraft 2 because of PBall. Swift wouldn't stand a chance vs me in any PBall, I played Swift in PBalls long ago. No PBaller could beat Swift in GOW? It goes the other way too, there is no Elite Gow or BNE players Swift or any of them included who could beat me in a series in PBall.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 05:34:21 PM »
Ganz you are beyond delusion to think any game outside of Warcraft is closer to Wacraft 2 then a map on Warcraft 2. It's actually illogical and makes no sense. As we've went over there are PBall Builds so there are PBalls that are RTS. Also learn to spell its delusional*, you should also learn what delusional is, someone who is playing Warcraft 2 then telling someone they are playing Warcraft 2 is not delusional. Someone who is saying Age of Empires is Warcraft 2 is a much more delusional thought process.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients  See here for the history of the "Instant Action" map creators ;)  Now you know where Dota REALLY came from heh.  PBall is more or less the "Dota" of War2
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
How many PBalls were hosted on Blizzard servers? You mean as in to download, none. How many PBall's were hosted on Battle.net? 1000's. From 2002-2004 on east PBall was hosted all day long probably more than GOW at that time. I played the campaigns, BNEs and Gow, then got in PBall, means nothing it's all a video game i found I preferred PBall. If people play Wacraft and get into PBall then later GOW you should just be happy they got into Wacraft 2 because of PBall. Swift wouldn't stand a chance vs me in any PBall, I played Swift in PBalls long ago. No PBaller could beat Swift in GOW? It goes the other way too, there is no Elite Gow or BNE players Swift or any of them included who could beat me in a series in PBall.

If a good gow player played pball for a month, he could at the very least compete with the best pball players and win at least like 30% of the games. If a good pball player played gow for a month, he would still be a complete piece of garbage at it and could never even fluke a single win vs a good gow player.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
Ganz you are beyond delusion to think any game outside of Warcraft is closer to Wacraft 2 then a map on Warcraft 2. It's actually illogical and makes no sense. As we've went over there are PBall Builds so there are PBalls that are RTS. Also learn to spell its delusional*, you should also learn what delusional is, someone who is playing Warcraft 2 then telling someone they are playing Warcraft 2 is not delusional. Someone who is saying Age of Empires is Warcraft 2 is a much more delusional thought process.

Well excuse me, English isn't my 1st language. I can speak four languages, how many can you?

I have played AoE2 a lot and pball before and I can tell you that AoE2 is much more like playing war2, than pball.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:11 PM »
You realize there are GOW players who play PBall right such as  [ td ]Medivh and Angel~Fire. You can pull statistics out of your ass all you want, I offer any GOW player to play PBall and beat me in a series then. The people like me at the top of PBall players aren't going to be beat consistently by someone whose played for a month lmao. I've went 14-6 in PBall tournaments about 50-9 in games during the tournaments. When I don't 1v2 or 2v3 in PBall my record is over 90% and I've been #1 on the in game ladder when tvb is counted twice. Get your BNE players to practice for a month and beat me then, or you can make up statistics all day long means nothing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:02:44 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 05:46:19 PM »
This is why Tk[as]'s post about how splitting posts is ridiculous is relevant in some circumstances. Blid and Winchester were already talking about PBall on the forum split topic, and I replied to Blid and this gets made into a separate topic. The same way that Il asked what admins could I answered and it turned into a discussion on the anti hack post(this one I can see splitting though.) Blid, Winchester, and Equinox were already talking about PBall replying to that is how the thread naturally evolved.(Your argument on Tk's post was you mainly only do it on server important topic obviously not true.)
Splitting the thread isn't an attack on you or anything.  It's to let other people know this discussion is taking place, which they would never have expected to be taking place within the "splitting threads" thread.  I thought it was a good enough discussion that it should get its own thread.  Tk is a baby.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 05:46:35 PM »
If I remember correctly,  there was someone a couple years ago that sounded similar to you.  They challenged swift to Pball saying they were the best yada yada,  he played it for about 2 days, and then 5-0'd the poor sap.  Or maybe it was Viruz,  I forget who it was,  but the situation sounds super familiar :)  It was on the old occult forums.  Likely before you were around on the forums.