Author Topic: Ad Space  (Read 25363 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Space
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
There just needs to be a net in place to catch the newbs who roll in.  In the past Mousetopher had the site hit and download stats and the ads were bringing in pretty many people but I don't know of any now regular users who are people that got brought in that way
Is there a way we can make ads like this? If so I don't mind sponsering it.
This would be a great way to bring in new players
war2 > war3

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »
cash tournies are kind of pointless as only the players who are already dedicated to the game have any chance of winning. New players just get destroyed in the first round.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:21:15 AM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »
Just try to contact other pvpgn sites from here and ask them if they want to do a banner or link exchange.

http://track.pvpgn.org/

Kali IGL Stats

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
I suppose I'll just drop some cash on some ads either today or tomorrow and see where it goes,
I'll let you guys know what I bought.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »
cash tournies are kind of pointless as only the players who are already dedicated to the game have any chance of winning. New players just get destroyed in the first round.
We still need them to keep existing players or bring back people who used to play.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »
Me and Burnt had a lot of success with our Facebook advertisements. We probably threw 400-500 dollars at it all together and probably saw 200 new users over the course of our advertisements.

The problem isn't getting new users. The problem is keeping them. The community basically tells them "Get the fuck out of here we don't want you" The first hour they log on the server. They are ignored, banned, with absolutely zero assistance and no admins logged on to even ask for assistance from.

Would you spend any time or money in a home depot or wal mart (Assuming it was your first time ever) if you walked in and there was absolutely no customer service or cashiers to help you check out?

Welcome to server.war2.ru.

I'm not trying to be a dickhead here ToRa.. but you're wasting your money advertising for the server. Even if there are active admins, The rest of the community is going to eat new users up and shit them out within a couple hours.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
Unless thousands of dollars are thrown at advertisements at the same time to get hundreds of new users on at the exact same time, It's a lost cause.

There needs to be more brand new players on the server. They need to outnumber the experienced players... That's the only way they will stick around. If they outnumber the veterans in the community. Where they can easily find more beginners/new users and they build eachother up... Because I saw it with my own eyes after I wasted my own money... The existing community will tear them down quicker than you can say "s9 mother fucker?!"

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 11:45:47 AM »
Burnt is aligning the newbs with DW.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:33 AM »
Still think it's a lost cause unless you get 200-300 new users within a couple days of eachother. That means throwing literally thousands of dollars at advertising at the same time... So that all Ad's are shown within the same day or two.

I don't know how much you plan on spending Tora, but if it's a substantial amount or if you have other people willing to contribute that would create a substantial amount (over $500) let me know and I will contribute a couple hundred as well.

im not contributing unless it's a solid plan with solid forms of advertisement and specific dates when the advertisements will be displayed

It might not be a bad idea to ask swift to donate a couple thousand. If he is as wealthy as he claims to be ($30K a month) ... It's literally like pocket change for him to donate $1000, $2000 ... right?  It'd be a good time for him to really convince everyone he's wealthy and put his money (or lack of money) where is mouth is ... no?  =/

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
I told it 280 times, untill this server gonna be call War2RU(SSIAN) nobody gonna sign.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
Still think it's a lost cause unless you get 200-300 new users within a couple days of eachother. That means throwing literally thousands of dollars at advertising at the same time... So that all Ad's are shown within the same day or two.

I don't know how much you plan on spending Tora, but if it's a substantial amount or if you have other people willing to contribute that would create a substantial amount (over $500) let me know and I will contribute a couple hundred as well.

im not contributing unless it's a solid plan with solid forms of advertisement and specific dates when the advertisements will be displayed

It might not be a bad idea to ask swift to donate a couple thousand. If he is as wealthy as he claims to be ($30K a month) ... It's literally like pocket change for him to donate $1000, $2000 ... right?  It'd be a good time for him to really convince everyone he's wealthy and put his money (or lack of money) where is mouth is ... no?  =/

You should be retard to believe this dude is rich.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 01:06:34 PM »
i dont believe it. i know he's not.. i just like poking at his insecurity.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »
Me and Burnt had a lot of success with our Facebook advertisements. We probably threw 400-500 dollars at it all together and probably saw 200 new users over the course of our advertisements.

The problem isn't getting new users. The problem is keeping them. The community basically tells them "Get the fuck out of here we don't want you" The first hour they log on the server. They are ignored, banned, with absolutely zero assistance and no admins logged on to even ask for assistance from.

Would you spend any time or money in a home depot or wal mart (Assuming it was your first time ever) if you walked in and there was absolutely no customer service or cashiers to help you check out?

Welcome to server.war2.ru.

I'm not trying to be a dickhead here ToRa.. but you're wasting your money advertising for the server. Even if there are active admins, The rest of the community is going to eat new users up and shit them out within a couple hours.
I do gotta agree with a lot of what you said.
New players are always banned and booted from games.
So I suppose even if i do spend some cash in ads it wount do much good.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
On another note I don't mind throwing a $1000 in ads if somebody is interested in matching me.
Its like TK said if we throw several thousand dollars in this we might get more players.
Then we might be able to do a big blitz and make our goal of 200-300 new players in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:43:18 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
ill put $200 down .. thats all ill go for just cus i dont play the game any more