Author Topic: Saturday October 24th Gow Tournament.  (Read 18959 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday October 24th Gow Tournament.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
Though next month I am changing it slightly.
For the tournament I am going to keep Round 1 as Gow.
Round 2 will be Pos on low
Semi finals will be spiral
Finals will be the map that wins Tupacs map compitition.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
The map that wins Tupac's competition isn't gonna be, y'know, a uh.. "real" map.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
You still have over a month to make it bad ass. Make peon shoot fire out of their ass. Fly ships, inf upgrades, etc.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:47:49 PM »
I saw ur entry it seemed pretty normal...well I'll just wait and see what map wins if it looks too out of the ordinary I'll just pick a different map
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »
if the finals are played on any map it should be Reel around the fountain that map is fantastic

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
The finals should be a PBall map.  That way all the PBall players will learn GOW just so they can wreck Gow players in the finals.  LMAO.  BTW this is just a joke,  but it is an amusing thought to think a pball player could even make it to the finals :)  Kinda like carrot and stick, except the carrot is nothing more than a hologram, never obtainable,  like getting to the finals hahah.  Ya I crack me up :)  Then after that we can do it in reverse,  pball maps with gow as the finals.  Then we can watch as all the pballers whine and cry as gow player stomp them to get to the gow map finals hahaha.  Such a jokester I am lol.  Call them the "Crossroads" tourneys and even include the crossroads map lmao.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 07:28:36 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:54 PM »
Wouldn't actually mind seeing pball players and gow players having a tourney between each other.

We could do a bo3 gow then a bo3 pball.
Then a map of my choosing, if there is a tie breaker.

Of course I would compensate the winners, so let me know if any pballers or gow players are interested.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
I saw ur entry it seemed pretty normal...well I'll just wait and see what map wins if it looks too out of the ordinary I'll just pick a different map
if the finals are played on any map it should be Reel around the fountain that map is fantastic
Yah either of those maps would be cool but you can tell what kind of map is gonna win.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2015, 02:32:06 AM »
2 More days till the next Gow tourney.

If you can participate please do.
war2 > war3

VeraKLMLisk

видеонаблюдение
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
)))

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
i honestly don't like anything you've decided on tora. but my request is GOW TE instead of GoW classic since it's a tournament and getting spot fucked has reguarily been hindering people from winning

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:24 PM »
Lol Blid did you really say earlier that the person who wins the tournament doesn't deserve more money? So the person who gets 4th some guy who is just mediocre deserves a cut vs the guy who played like a pro and took it all? I don't follow the logic, I agree paying more places can help get more people but saying the top player has no expectation of wanting a good payout for their time and skill is wrong. Also you quoted deserve where did I or anyone say deserve. It only makes sense you put your time in a tournament and win it that is the true accomplishment not that guy that gets 4th. I'm fine with 4 paying but 3 paying really makes more sense to me. Also most competitions award 3 places for example Gold, Silver, and Bronze in the Olympics.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:31:42 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »
Though next month I am changing it slightly.
For the tournament I am going to keep Round 1 as Gow.
Round 2 will be Pos on low
Semi finals will be spiral
Finals will be the map that wins Tupacs map compitition.

this is absolutely terrible, and i'll explain why. Every player worth something plays Garden of War. And garden of war only. Since you're not a part of the community i will elaborate on this contraversail issue. GoW is considered to be like chess, we play the same map over and over again to hone our skills in every single subgenre possible, from tactics, to strategy, to mechanics, to economy mangaement, to timing, and everything included in warcraft 2 plays a vital role in a 1v1 GoW game. In other maps not all of these elements are present, due to low gold, or totally unfair spots, it's entirely less competitive. And the lack of competitiveness is why people play regular maps instead of custom maps. It's all about skill. So introducing any other map than gow, will do nothing but give the lesser player an ability to pull a fluke victory. And introducing totallly new maps will make it a joke.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »
Yamon you're mostly just talking out of your ass. GOW is the most played BNE this is true.  That GOW takes some special skill other BNE's don't that makes it superior to ALL others is just bullshit. Resource management and every aspect of GOW is on all BNE's. Changing terrain just means you need to adapt and takes additional skill. Also there are 100's of Warcraft 2 BNE maps to say all of them have unbalanced spots is just totally bullshit. Also you're really going to make the chess argument again... Lmao the last person that made the argument GOW was as complex as chess got laughed at by multiple people. They are totally unique skills chess and GOW and chess takes far more skill and logic.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 04:17:52 PM »
This is you liking GOW the most so you're trying to build an argument that GOW is the only BNE map that takes skill basically, it's just bullshit. Each BNE maps takes it's own strategy and they all pull from the same skill pool. Try looking at an issue without a bias for once.