Author Topic: Hacking...  (Read 5423 times)

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
how would using On Screen in single player trigger anti hack? its not injecting anything into the game its a built in function to single player

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 04:46:02 PM »
how would using On Screen in single player trigger anti hack? its not injecting anything into the game its a built in function to single player

WTFuk (see what i did there?) did you come from?

bounce in once a year to post randomly lol

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
i been back playing for the past month or so :) you should pop on join me for a game or two sometime.. sure could use some more people :(

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »
Lol I was thinking the same thing LTFan. Say someone wanted to listen to the song Medieval Man and went into single player and played it, are they going to get triggered as a hacker because of it? Also if just the cheat codes in single player without actual hacks triggers it that's kind of pointless. Many people when bored might make a single player game then do it is a good day to die and just obliterate shit for shits and giggles. Also the cheat every little thing she does gives you infinite mana by replenishing it as soon as you run out so it's fun and satisfying to just shoot fireballs non stop into shit it could also be decent practice for some things too. I just don't see why using a games built in cheats in a single player game vs no one has anything to do with third party hacks that cheat in multiplayer.

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
I dont know how many people would actually get  so bored that they go into single player and turn on cheats but I guess we are fighting for the few that do!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
Detector probably locates the spots in the program that are accessed or changed in order to expose the screen.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »
Since he used something that modifies the memory location of fog data, it would trigger the antihack no matter how it was enabled (Tupac mentioned this before when Claw was saying he could skirt it, this is an example of how it catches existing hacks and possible future hacks).  On Screen modifies addresses of known Map hacks.  It does not however care if you listen to Medieval Man.  Thats not a hack, its just a cheatcode which isnt the same thing.  I dont know exactly which cheatcodes would cause Tupacs checks to go off, but I'd wager that the music track wouldnt ;)  But something like hatchet or its a good day to die,  very well might.  The fix is to check to see if they are in single player mode right before it checks a memory location which isnt to difficult.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:53:14 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
Ah I figured it was some programming thing that goes along with the antihack. I am not a programmer(my mom was before she switched careers) so I don't know the workings of that stuff like you Lance. Would be nice if Il and Tupac could figure out a way to eliminate the single player part of it and have it all work the same with just multiplayer.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »
Imagine being me .
Constantly accused of hacking and being banned from game ( underrated, overrated, xbleedx)
They Will tell the host i hack and will get me baned. It all started because I beat xbleedx in a chop game. And cause I beat underrated & overrated in a 2v1.
Other players know that it is true that I don't hack. And none of the above players have actually ever seen me back yet they constantly do it

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 07:14:24 PM »
LMFAO get lost Dellam.  Even though u missed the plane to Siberia,  there is another plane leaving shortly.  Scurry along or you could miss that one too.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »

Imagine being me .
Constantly accused of hacking and being banned from game ( underrated, overrated, xbleedx)
They Will tell the host i hack and will get me baned. It all started because I beat xbleedx in a chop game. And cause I beat underrated & overrated in a 2v1.
Other players know that it is true that I don't hack. And none of the above players have actually ever seen me back yet they constantly do it

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Shut up Meg.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
if anyone is playing serious always record ..obvious is obvious im going to say most of the regs dont.
getting called hack on onscreen lol, glad i havent ran the new one, cheat codes come in use making maps.

but i do have it ill run it and do my cheats if im a hacker it show up.

the time hack was tripped would maybe seperate it between a  single and multi? in game not in a game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:18:38 PM by easycompany »