Author Topic: Hacking...  (Read 5435 times)

Offline darius1

• Peon
    • View Profile
Hacking...
« on: October 06, 2015, 11:15:20 PM »
Hello,

A couple player informed me that my name has been popping up on the antihack list. I am posting here because I can assure you I don't hack. I actually play with windows vista, and my game screen takes up only about 1/3 of my computer screen. A possible fix was relayed to me in a previous post about updating windows vista to sort out compatibility issues within vista, however I decided against it because it seems there's a chance it can render the cd device of the computer useless. Any insight as to why my name might be popping up would be appreciated. Also if anything is needed from me, let me know.. all the best. 

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:08:07 AM »
You shouldnt be hacking,  that'll solve the issue.  Once you open a hack, you are tagged as a hacker until you log out.  Even if you turn it off, you'll still be marked as a hacker.  It doesnt reset until you logout.  So ya,  dont hack, and you wont have that issue.  If you hack vs CPU's,  do it in the single player mode, not on the server or people will tell you that you are hacking.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:20:47 AM »
Haven't we had false positives before?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 11:34:11 AM »
Not that I've heard.  And a consistent false positive would be obvious as it would affect many users.  Not just 1 player all the time.  It wasnt a false positive from the sounds of it.  The only way he could prove otherwise is to stream the whole process from start to finish showing a false positive.  Since he'd never be able to reproduce it on video,  we can come to the conclusion that it wasnt false.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:35:44 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:24:35 PM »
Haven't we had false positives before?

It's not a false positive the anti hack caught him using something to cheat that it was programmed to catch. Don't matter he was using a hack and it found it. If he didn't use that in single player you should be banned or fare warned for your first time. It could be easily updated to do more checks timed or update the list. It's very easy to tell if you turned it on or off.

Offline darius1

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
So, the advise of don't hack doesn't really help me, because I don't hack. The only time I have "hacked" is in single player mode, which I use "on screen" to remember old maps. If there is anything else you might suggest that would be helpful. I am unsure why my name is getting flagged, again, I don't hack, so saying just don't hack doesnt help me at all. Thanks..

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »

So, the advise of don't hack doesn't really help me, because I don't hack. The only time I have "hacked" is in single player mode, which I use "on screen" to remember old maps. If there is anything else you might suggest that would be helpful. I am unsure why my name is getting flagged, again, I don't hack, so saying just don't hack doesnt help me at all. Thanks..

I would speak with iL directly and address your problem with him. No point in arguing right now, all he said she said at this point. If you think it is a technical issue, discuss it with him.

Offline darius1

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »
How do I go about speaking to "iL"?

And yes I do think it is a technical issue, I have since reinstalled war2, and do get a window that pops us when launching the game that says connection to server failed, with three options abort, retry and ignore. I press ignore and it still lets me play on server?

Anyways, thanks for your help. 

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
Hacking...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
Sometimes yes I do get that. I think many people have also experienced that same problem. Idk if it has ever been resolved.

PM him? Or you could fly to Russia.

I try the PM first thought....

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
How do I go about speaking to "iL"?

You can pm him on forums. Here is his profile

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?action=profile;u=4

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »
Like I said before, if you used single player mode to hack (on screen),  you need to make sure you close war2 before you log into the server.  Otherwise it's going to flag you as a hacker.  As log as you DONT login, you'll be fine because it wont know which username to associate it's hack detection with.  So this was NOT a false positive, it did exactly what it was suppose to do and it alerted us that you WERE hacking.  It was just in single player "maybe".  And thats a big MAYBE.  I really dont believe you were doing it in single player mode personally :)  I am sure Tupac is aware of this quirk but just hasnt added a check for it yet.  The best fix would simply be to not perform checks in single player modes.  But if he comes back and says it already has that check,  then you are 100% caught ;)

But thats all BESIDES the point anyway.  In reality, you shouldnt even be hacking in single player mode because its going to make you want to do it in multiplayer.  You will learn NOTHING from watching what the CPU does in single player.  So its actually HURTING you to see all the BAD things that the CPU does.  It will hurt your game skill more than it will help you.  Dont hack in single OR multiplayer mode if you really want to become a decent player.  If you want to learn from watching something,  you need to be watching the many GoW private games (those that are in melee mode) and declare yourself as a watcher by setting your race to Human and saying "Mind if I watch".  THAT is your answer replacing "on screen" with something that will actually be beneficial to you ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:32:59 PM by {Lance} »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:38:17 PM »
The "connection" problem is because the server was down at the time.  No one could connect.  If that window comes up and you are connected to the normal RU server, then yes its a problem but I've not had that problem personally other than when the server itself is down and you can safely click ignore or retry.  All it's doing is trying to connect to the server to figure out what your username is so that it can report your anti-hack status.  It wont affect connecting in war2 at all.

Offline darius1

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »
Lance, I stated I used on screen to remember old maps in terms of layout... I don't watch the computer play. Also the fact that you blindly think I hack is offensive. thanks

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 03:57:57 PM »
Lance, I stated I used on screen to remember old maps in terms of layout... I don't watch the computer play. Also the fact that you blindly think I hack is offensive. thanks
Well, that's not a false positive then, that's what flagged the hack detector.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »

Well, that's not a false positive then, that's what flagged the hack detector.

Probably.