Author Topic: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest  (Read 16100 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Perfect Unit Control On Fastest
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »
I am not doubting EF makes a BNE game play out better nor trying to start up another troll debate. Just showing that in some games people can control units just fine on fastest. This is an RPG 1 Peon vs 296 grunts that charge until all are killed or they kill your peon. Example:

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »
Fun lookin' map.
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
That's pretty limited micro.  It's just a single unit that you don't even move... 

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
It is fun but it can be very frustrating too. It's hard to click that fast, I make it look easier than it is. Also if you misclick on one of them in some spots your peon will move and you have to move back to your original spot during the chaos.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 12:25:18 PM »
Try it Blid I'll send you the map. You also can't misclick much because you will move. I killed 133 per minute in that video without missing barely at all. Not many could beat this map without a lot of time put into it. Also you don't move the peon(unless you misclick and have to move back to your spot) but you have to click each unit as it's charging so it takes precise clicking and getting into a rhythm of clicking, also have to have some decent APM.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:34:32 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
I didn't say it was easy, just that it only encompasses a very small portion of what unit control is considered to be.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
Yes it isn't a full army of unit control I agree. I was just showing that there are games that are played on fastest and can be played at the same level or better than EF. RPGs are always played on fastest from my experience. Also a lot of customs people only play on F. It's just a cool video to show hyper fast precision clicking to kill a horde of units lol.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »
I play RPG's on EF.  It makes way more sense imo.  Some of them I can't even imagine playing on fastest, like Star-shaped Arrows.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
The hardest RPG I ever played and beat is The Lost City. You get 1 Alleria with 5 hp and 9 range vs over 700 units including 60 hp cats and mages that kill with a single fireball if you touch them. I've beaten so many RPGs over the years many of them with QUICK{hR} and they were all on fastest. There could be some where EF is better I guess but not the ones I've played. Fastest takes quicker reactions and makes it more fun to me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:04:39 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »

I play RPG's on EF.  It makes way more sense imo.  Some of them I can't even imagine playing on fastest, like Star-shaped Arrows.

Your missing out on all the fun if you play a RPG on EF lol....

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 01:05:41 PM »
Nope.

Try to beat starshaped arrows.  There's a download link here but it doesn't work:
http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=304885&highlight=arrows#304885

Bet you can't beat it.  Bet you can't even download it.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
I have Star Shaped Arrows in one of my folders somewhere. I've never really played it though or at least never tried to beat it. I could give it a shot with QUICK{hR} he is the best RPG pard I've ever had. There may very well be RPGs that are played on EF but they are the minority.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
Every RPG would be better on EF.  Like, it makes even more sense to play RPGs on EF than it makes to play GOW on EF.  Unless you got some shit map where you have to hack enemies or buildings hundreds of times to kill them.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »
I will never agree with you on this Blid. I'll agree with you EF takes more skill or makes the game better in GOW/BNEs because of as you all put it "time to plan". You need no time to plan in an RPG. It's purely about unit control and killing all the enemies. You don't have to worry about pulling miners or choppers and balancing building/creating units with fighting. Slowing an RPG down doesn't hold the same argument for slowing it down to increase the skill like GOW in my opinion. Playing RPGs at the fastest speed makes it a better game and makes you react faster and use better unit control.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 01:35:36 PM »
. Fastest takes quicker reactions and makes it more fun to me.
Again, you're forgetting that there is a PHYSICAL barrier called "Network Latency" that effects ALL games regardless.  You can only speed up a game so much before network latency becomes a problem.  This problem becomes obvious when playing on speeds at EF or above in War2.  Anyone that says otherwise............ is just plain stupid.  You cannot debate a fact.  So no amount of "reflexes" will fix the issue no matter what you "think" is going on.  Just because it appears like you're overcoming this barrier, doesnt mean you ACTUALLY are.

There is no debate to be had.  EF simply has better unit control then Fastest.  Period.  Why?  Because of the latency issue that is abundantly obvious to the rest of us,  especially those who have been playing these speeds for decades now.  And Faster has better unit control than Even Faster, and Fast as better unit control than Faste.................. do you see the pattern forming here yet?  I will assume not since you seem to think that you can control units on F just as well, if not better, than EF.  It's all an illusion man,  you're just going to have to surrender the fact that Fastest does NOT have unit control that can compete with anything other than itself (fastest).  No speed has unit control that can compete with another speed unless it's vs a faster speed than itself such as EF vs F where EF has the better unit control.

The only "debate" that can be had is at what speed can UC latency be tolerated enough such that it wont impact game skill.  The answer to that CAN be debated,  and its of the opinion of pretty much every veteran player that EF is that speed (self included after having considered all technical barriers).   In the opinion of Blizzard, that speed is the Faster speed and something which I would NEVER argue because Faster clearly has better UC than EF hands down,  not even debatable.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:45:37 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.