Poll

POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?

Yes. tk was amazing unbiased active admin that would drop everything he was doing to help other players
13 (72.2%)
No. tk was a worthless fk that needs to never come to the server again and die
1 (5.6%)
No. tk gave up his admin then talked shit on all the amazing stuff other people were doing to make this server what it is today. he needs to still die.
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?  (Read 40868 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2015, 01:13:06 AM »
why not just make a poll

"How often do you see admins on server.war2.ru?"

1) daily
2) weekly
3) bi weekly
4) monthly
5) bi monthly
6) maybe once every 4-6 months

if they're not on the forums, and you never log on as blid, who the hell are users supposed to go to for issues?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2015, 01:23:35 AM »
i never said anything because i just figured i'd do what i could and not ruffle any feathers.. but you literally are the "ball and chain" around this server blid. You do nothing substantial for the server. you sit on the forums, move some threads around, ban someone if they go way over board, and if someone is lucky enough to magically get a hold of you then you'll take care of some shit on the server side.

For whatever reason iL seems to have chosen you for his right hand man (maybe because you paid for the server a couple years ago before the host switch when it was $5 amonth.) and your opinion seems to strongly influence all decisions made, which is horrible because like i said you don't do much. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just the way it is. That's why I gave up admin. I cant even begin to explain how frustrating it was knowing that someone who had so much influence over the direction the server was going didn't even give a shit about the game.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2015, 01:27:08 AM »
yeah agreed ryu. it's one thing to smurf occasionally as admin.. but to do it the vast majority of the time just to avoid the responsibilities of being an admin.. why are you an admin blid? honestly. why

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2015, 02:49:33 AM »
anytime ive needed blid to do something he has responded in under 30 minutes. case closed no new admins needed

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2015, 03:04:39 AM »
I'm going to tell you something Tk.

Blid is by far the most level headed person on this server. Even now on this thread has he once disrespected you?

Before I started hosting all these tournaments I pmed Blid and asked him what he thought about my idea to host cash tournaments, in order to promote user activity on the server. He has been more than helpful.
Its like Ltfan just said whenever you have an issue and u email Blid he always responds in a timely manner.

Your taking this whole admin thing way to far man. Your not helping yourself or the server but continuing this discussion anymore.

war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2015, 03:05:05 AM »
@ swift i started a side business power washing last summer. i talked to the builder i wire houses for and shot him a bid for power washing the flat work (concrete) before the house closes and he accepted. he builds over 150 houses every year. its well over a 20k a year account.

awesome, congrats. the time and work that is involved with power washing is often underestimated by people who aren't in the industry. People don't really understand how much it takes. I hire people to power wash my mansion every month and i've yet to see them get it all done within one day
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2015, 03:09:16 AM »
if i were in iL's position that's exactly what i'd be doing:  "ok i have a life and can't be spending all this time on the server... but i want it to thrive and do the best it possibly can. let me appoint some people who have shown a serious interest in the server, game, and community to keep things lively and active since i cant do it myself right now..."

"ok tora is hosting tournaments.. so is smeagol"

"this person is teaching players"

"this person is showing people how to fix their ports"

"this person is making icons"

"ok... im gonna give all of these people a chance. ill let them know what i expect and what is not allowed.. if they fk up no big deal, i'll just remove their admin and move on"

none of that is happening and it makes no sense to me
If your serious about helping the community,
Why not just start doing these things that you just stated?

Like you just said myself and smeag are hosting tourneys.
Why not look for somebody to help train new players, as well as fix peoples ports.
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2015, 03:12:59 AM »
Blid is by far the most level headed person on this server.

he definitely comes across as a very level headed person. however, how could you know how level headed every single person on the server is?
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2015, 03:28:36 AM »
Blid is by far the most level headed person on this server.

he definitely comes across as a very level headed person. however, how could you know how level headed every single person on the server is?

Your a smart guy i'm sure you understand what I am trying to say.

war2 > war3

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2015, 04:01:37 AM »
Still waiting for Dellam nick to be reinstated

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »
I'm going to tell you something Tk.

Blid is by far the most level headed person on this server. Even now on this thread has he once disrespected you?

Before I started hosting all these tournaments I pmed Blid and asked him what he thought about my idea to host cash tournaments, in order to promote user activity on the server. He has been more than helpful.
Its like Ltfan just said whenever you have an issue and u email Blid he always responds in a timely manner.

Your taking this whole admin thing way to far man. Your not helping yourself or the server but continuing this discussion anymore.

uve been on the server 1 year .. u havent seen what the server was like 3, 5, 7 years ago. i would probably feel the same you feel now if i didnt know the history of what has happened, why its happened, and what could have been done to change some of it

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2015, 11:01:51 AM »
The reason why I said to check with Tora is because he's the guy that's currently trying to do something for the server with his monthly tournaments so I figured he would be a good person to check in with. 

Besides talking with him about his project, I've updated the icons for all his tournament winners, and I also had the idea of changing the banner in the lobby to advertise his tournaments.  I created a banner and got it into right archaic format so it could be used and Mousetopher installed it.  I also then played in the tourney and am signed up for the doubles tourney currently.  That all just seems to speak to me being engaged, imo, which is the opposite of what you've been saying here.

What I would recommend for you, tk, if you want to greet and help newbies or whatever, get an [AS] clan tag and help train and recruit players to your clan.  The tag is a good carrot to dangle in front of them too to get them going.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »
and u dont know blid very well know because he rages just as hard as the best of them at times... probably one of the reason he smurfs when he plays.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
If someone wants to be the guy to sit in the channel with a Blizzard icon, I'm certainly fine with that too if the right person comes along who wants to do it.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2015, 11:08:32 AM »
im done beating this dead horse. hopefully u guys give some responsibilities to people who are trying to keep this game alive. if not ill drop the cash to do it myself next year