Poll

POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?

Yes. tk was amazing unbiased active admin that would drop everything he was doing to help other players
13 (72.2%)
No. tk was a worthless fk that needs to never come to the server again and die
1 (5.6%)
No. tk gave up his admin then talked shit on all the amazing stuff other people were doing to make this server what it is today. he needs to still die.
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?  (Read 40226 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Should iL reinstate tk[as]'s admin?
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
Like, let's see.  We didn't get along super great but I made you an admin and you were admin until you rage quit.  I've made Lightbringer, foonat, and electrified-ice admins.  I even gave Yamon a shot.  One of the reasons we're here on this new forum is because I trusted Mousetopher and accepted her help when a lot of people were telling me not to do it because she was probably secretly Lance or a Lance-ally or whatever.  My point is that I'm not one to frequently turn away people who want to help.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »
no. the reason we're on this forum is because i pushed for a new one for months because new users could not join the old forum and finally said "If there isn't a new forum by janurary first im launching my own"  ... and nobody wanted a new forum they weren't in charge of so they their shit into high gear and made a new forum. thats why this forum is here right now

the forum i  made   --->   http://warcraft2.nstars.org/

one of the threads i brought it up ---->   http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=469717&highlight=#469717
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:30:24 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2015, 11:28:47 AM »
so tora, smeagol, evil, and any other users who have never been to warcraft.war2.org  ... you're welcome.

without me starting a new forum and people being afraid they would not have power over it this one never would have been made and you would only be able to look at the conversations we were having on the old forum, not actually being able to participate in it

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2015, 11:31:50 AM »
that goes back to some of the history i was talking about tora. you dont understand it.

iL and blid seemed perfectly content talking on an old forum that no new users could participate in ..

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »
i encourage you to look through that old forum ... this whole game would have died without people screaming at iL and blid to start doing shit.  up until like 2-3 years ago iL was nowhere to be seen ever. but around the same time shit got so crazy that $pace and Lance made a brand new server with all kinds of updates that users had been BEGGING for, iL showed up and starting going to work and making improvements to the curent server.

thats how shit works around here. nothing gets done and nobody takes initiative until people go rogue and finally decide "well shit, they're not going to do anything, so i will"   ... thats why other people made a new war2 server. thats why i made a new forum. nothing was getting done ... but once the new server was made they finally started making improvements to this one. once i made a new forum they finally made a new one that new users could participate in

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
they are doing the bare minimum to keep users content so they don't lose control over everything. the last thing they want is someone more enthusiastic with more ambition than them to take over... leaving them in a position of being just regular old users that used to be in charge of the war2 community

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
that goes back to some of the history i was talking about tora. you dont understand it.

iL and blid seemed perfectly content talking on an old forum that no new users could participate in ..

TK,
At the end of the day this isnt about you or me or Blid.
This is about what's best for War2,
Do you really think launching a 2nd war2 server is best for this game.? When we have so few players.
Your not helping the server by rambling anymore about this.
If you really wanna help the server how about you help me promote my tourneys to some old players.
Or how about you have weekly training sessions with new players.
If you want I can lend you one of my bots to greet the new players.
Or I'm sure Blid wouldn't refuse to give you a /Ann command if he saw you were serious about training new players.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2015, 12:14:23 PM »
if i didnt think it would help the community i wouldnt even consider it

but yeah. i think if i can throw:

$5,000 down to hire the right people to get a new server/forum up and running and some other extras the community has been asking for
$5,000 for advertising between social networking, maybe ICCUP like ganz talked about, or any other places it might be beneficial
$5000 for maybe 2-3 different tournaments to draw new and old users to the server

and then some other cash here or there to get a nice ladder going, a nice page going, or any other expenses that might be needed

.. yeah it would be great for the community.

not to mention giving admin to a handful of people with some real enthusiasm and vision without putting a leash on them

this game could EASILY go from a 200 member active user base to at least double that in just a few months.. and maybe even triple or more

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
if i didnt think it would help the community i wouldnt even consider it

but yeah. i think if i can throw:

$5,000 down to hire the right people to get a new server/forum up and running and some other extras the community has been asking for
$5,000 for advertising between social networking, maybe ICCUP like ganz talked about, or any other places it might be beneficial
$5000 for maybe 2-3 different tournaments to draw new and old users to the server

and then some other cash here or there to get a nice ladder going, a nice page going, or any other expenses that might be needed

.. yeah it would be great for the community.

not to mention giving admin to a handful of people with some real enthusiasm and vision without putting a leash on them

this game could EASILY go from a 200 member active user base to at least double that in just a few months.. and maybe even triple or more

You know what Tk if you really believe in that project you should do it.
I hope it works out for you.

war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »
if you're still around and still doing what you're doing it's gonna work out for you too.. an admin position will be offered
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:25:14 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
.. or anyone else who seems to be doing things to build the community.. regardless of whether i personally like them or not

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
so tora, smeagol, evil, and any other users who have never been to warcraft.war2.org  ... you're welcome.
Heh.,

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
war2.warcraft.org

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »
oh I didn't actually notice that, I was just laughing at you taking a bow for Mousey's work

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
I'm not. I'm saying I out together a working forum and that's what finally got the ball rolling to allow her to do it.. u taking credit is more laughable. You said "OK mouse" where as I actually took the time to put a forum together