Author Topic: here it is swift  (Read 47017 times)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: here it is swift
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:40 PM »
What about economics as a science?

This is a non-sequitur.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
Could you provide a reputable source that defines "economics", in that exact suffix, as something other than a study, or science? Could you also please be so kind as to define "science" or provide a reputable source that defines it?

I imagine they're all in the scope of - observation, base of knowledge, totality of systems, analyzing, understanding, interpreting etc.

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
Could you provide a reputable source that defines "economics", in that exact suffix, as something other than a study, or science?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/economics

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/economics

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/economics

Could you also please be so kind as to define "science" or provide a reputable source that defines it?

No one is questioning the definition of "science" Swift. Are you drunk again?

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:41 PM »
Almost every definition defines it as a science or study.

So here's your same sources with the definitions to science.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/science

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/science

I seem to be seeing that word study thrown around an awful lot. Odd

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2015, 09:31:58 PM »
Almost every definition defines it as a science or study.

Words have more than one meaning Swift, especially in different contexts. The rest of your post makes no sense.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2015, 09:59:38 PM »
Great, so maybe you found a FEW  gray or slightly varying definitions that don't relate to economics being a base of knowledge, study or science. Unfortunately, for every one definition that suggests it is not a study/science/base of knowledge, there are 10+ more that do. Thanks for proving the same. The fact is, the vast majority of the time the word is used, it is used so as to pertaining to a study, or science, and as so shown - knowledge. With that in mind, we could end the debate between you and I right there, as it's obvious that if one were to assume how I were using the word "economics" - the very fact that 95%+ of the definitions explain it to be exactly what I suggested (pertaining to study/science), and the 5% are to grey to truly determine one way or another - is reason enough to learn towards the way I've been saying I used it.

So great, we have effectively substantiated what I've been saying all along. Good job team Swiftfuck.  We now know that by stating "I do not adhere to american economics" It's almost entirely likely I'm saying "I do not adhere to american studies of... "I do not adhere to the american sciences of...." or "I do not adhere to the american knowledge/interpretation of..." .... Do I need to remind you that literally 95% of the definitions of economics, and science that we both posted prove the same?

Discussion is over.

Nonetheless, let's continue. Because for some reason, as if that simple sentence wasn't clear enough, you also managed not to figure out what I was saying through the context. I'm really glad you brought up context!

If I asked you: Are you current on your home mortgage? Or how rough was the current when you drifted the river last week?
You would see the same word with two distinctively different meanings, yet the context would allow you to decipher between the two.

To that end, you've also finally been made aware of a valuable conundrum within the English language: many of our words have multiple meanings, but for the most part, we aren’t confused by them. That’s because the other important element of language is context. Maybe using the word "current" gives for an overwhelming simple example, but it's to make a point nonetheless.

Let's evaluate the context in mine and Zack's discussion as it pertains to "not adhering to american economics" and see if we can't conclude that the context alone was set to easily clear up any unwarranted confusion you and him have had.

My first response: "teach me? i don't adhere to american economics, they are retarded, and you'll come out dumber if you somehow do graduate. oh and milton friedman is a homo."

(The bolded words will hereinafter be referred to as "the words in question)

1. the words in question do immediately follow "teach me?" which is obviously in reference to his talks of going to school to study economic theory. Thus it's reasonable to conclude that I was referencing his schooling (see studies, sciences, knowledge) as to what I do not adhere to.
2. then immediately following the words in question i replied with an insult in regards to his goal to graduate -  further showing that I was still on the subject of economics as it pertains to studies.
3. Miltion friedman was/is a renowned american economist and shooting him down falls in line with the rest of the context.

My second Reply: "A capitalist doesn't need to believe in the theory and framework of popular american economics in order to practice capitalism."

I don't even need to explain that one to you, do I? Come on. Zack responded to both of these replies unable to comprehend what I was talking about even with sufficient context provided. Then I made another reply, and you acted as if my prior replies didn't suffice? silly newb.

The debate is clearly over. It's overwhelming substantiated by both you and I that the words in question were sufficient enough for one to conclude as to what I was talking about, and moreover it is also substantiated that the context provides the same.

You are owned, it doesn't matter if you dissect the post or go with an "lmfao"/ "meltdown" type reply.  I have effectively proven without a doubt, that I am right and you are wrong. I'm more interested to watch you squirm, as you always do, and see if you can some how manage to get me to reply with your weak post that is most likely to follow.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2015, 09:59:48 PM »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »
Great, so maybe you found a FEW  gray or slightly varying definitions that don't relate to economics being a base of knowledge, study or science. Unfortunately, for every one definition that suggests it is not a study/science/base of knowledge, there are 10+ more that do. Thanks for proving the same. The fact is, the vast majority of the time the word is used, it is used so as to pertaining to a study, or science, and as so shown - knowledge. With that in mind, we could end the debate between you and I right there, as it's obvious that if one were to assume how I were using the word "economics" - the very fact that 95%+ of the definitions explain it to be exactly what I suggested (pertaining to study/science), and the 5% are to grey to truly determine one way or another - is reason enough to learn towards the way I've been saying I used it.

So great, we have effectively substantiated what I've been saying all along. Good job team Swiftfuck.  We now know that by stating "I do not adhere to american economics" It's almost entirely likely I'm saying "I do not adhere to american studies of... "I do not adhere to the american sciences of...." or "I do not adhere to the american knowledge/interpretation of..." .... Do I need to remind you that literally 95% of the definitions of economics, and science that we both posted prove the same?

Discussion is over.

Nonetheless, let's continue. Because for some reason, as if that simple sentence wasn't clear enough, you also managed not to figure out what I was saying through the context. I'm really glad you brought up context!

If I asked you: Are you current on your home mortgage? Or how rough was the current when you drifted the river last week?
You would see the same word with two distinctively different meanings, yet the context would allow you to decipher between the two.

To that end, you've also finally been made aware of a valuable conundrum within the English language: many of our words have multiple meanings, but for the most part, we aren’t confused by them. That’s because the other important element of language is context. Maybe using the word "current" gives for an overwhelming simple example, but it's to make a point nonetheless.

Let's evaluate the context in mine and Zack's discussion as it pertains to "not adhering to american economics" and see if we can't conclude that the context alone was set to easily clear up any unwarranted confusion you and him have had.

My first response: "teach me? i don't adhere to american economics, they are retarded, and you'll come out dumber if you somehow do graduate. oh and milton friedman is a homo."

1. the words in question do immediately follow "teach me?" which is obviously in reference to his talks of going to school to study economic theory. Thus it's reasonable to conclude that I was referencing his schooling (see studies, sciences, knowledge) as to what I do not adhere to.
2. then immediately following the words in question i replied with an insult in regards to his goal to graduate -  further showing that I was still on the subject of economics as it pertains to studies.
3. Miltion friedman was/is a renowned american economist and shooting him down falls in line with the rest of the context.

My second Reply: "A capitalist doesn't need to believe in the theory and framework of popular american economics in order to practice capitalism."

I don't even need to explain that one to you, do I? Come on. Zack responded to both of these replies unable to comprehend what I was talking about even with sufficient context provided. Then I made another reply, and you acted as if my prior replies didn't suffice? silly newb.

The debate is clearly over. It's overwhelming substantiated by both you and I that the words in question were sufficient enough for one to conclude as to what I was talking about, and moreover it is also substantiated that the context provides the same.

You are owned, it doesn't matter if you dissect the post or go with an "lmfao"/ "meltdown" type reply.  I have effectively proven without a doubt, that I am right and you are wrong. I'm more interested to watch you squirm, as you always do, and see if you can some how manage to get me to reply with your weak post that is most likely to follow.
Hm, all very good, but has anyone figured out what "adhere" means yet?

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »

Discussion is over.

I definitely didn't read this past the part where you admitted I was right in the first sentence. Cheers.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2015, 10:24:53 PM »
leave it to yamon to start an honest conversation about economics and have it turn into a dick swinging contest.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »

Discussion is over.

Hm, all very good, but has anyone figured out what "adhere" means yet?

That's the first word we went over -_-'

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2015, 11:39:58 PM »
Yamon -

Please be advised, it is evident that GN- has indirectly conceded that I am right and that the context of the posts in question, along with the 95%+ of  the definitions that define economics, science, and adhere, prove the same. alternatively, you could reach the same conclusion by simply rereading that last post of mine, as I have shown that it is undeniable - I provided sufficient language and context in all three posts to you to express what I meant when I said that I do not adhere to american economics.  Unfortunately, we were rudely interrupted and I hope that it does not happen again. 

I hope that we can come to a mutual meeting of the minds, one where we are gathered around the fact that the whole economics framework that you wish to subscribe to is a bunch of bullshit. In a collective effort to meet that end, please reply to my third post on the matter. I believe it is on page 8.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2015, 11:48:00 PM »
Yamon -

Please be advised, it is evident that GN- has indirectly conceded that I am right and that the context of the posts in question, along with the 95%+ of  the definitions that define economics, science, and adhere, prove the same. alternatively, you could reach the same conclusion by simply rereading that last post of mine, as I have shown that it is undeniable - I provided sufficient language and context in all three posts to you to express what I meant when I said that I do not adhere to american economics.  Unfortunately, we were rudely interrupted and I hope that it does not happen again. 

I hope that we can come to a mutual meeting of the minds, one where we are gathered around the fact that the whole economics framework that you wish to subscribe to is a bunch of bullshit. In a collective effort to meet that end, please reply to my third post on the matter. I believe it is on page 8.

Yeah. Economics is just theory theory theory. In closing I would like to state that we are the only two smart enough to speak on such matters, and to do so without malice, without hyperbole, or without deceit, in which instance one will take something out of context and try to ask you a jaded question in an effort to prove that you are wrong, when in fact they do not know either way.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2015, 12:05:57 AM »
TK - do you think my ugly stripper wife is disappointed that $2,700 is the most money I could come up with to post on an internet forum?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2015, 12:30:02 AM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:47:32 AM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3