Author Topic: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet  (Read 49836 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »
The chatting wouldn't really be a problem if the action was still followed.  You definitely should get war2observe, just remember to hit ctrl-alt-del and set both it and war2 to the same core.  war2observe runs silently and only changes what you see during the game (you can see people's resources or what they have training when you click on their stuff).  even without war2 obsere you should click on units to show their levels, etc, but with war2 observe it's even better

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 01:21:07 PM »
Yeah but I was also recording for a few hours before this video just as watcher. I ended up getting tired of clicking on units non stop after a while so I just followed the main action because I started talking a lot lol. If you watch the entire video almost all the unit fighting is covered in the video it's mostly just upgrades and the bases that don't get shown enough. I've used Insight I just didn't think about using it during that tournament. I'll use Insight for the next one as well.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »
insight is a totally different program, it's not war2observe.  insight is cool too but you don't necessarily need to use it to make youtube vids

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »
Oh yeah I just realized TK and you said observe not insight. I know what that is too actually just haven't ever used it. Yeah that would be a good tool to use for this. I just figured an insight replay would also work a lot better because I would be able to watch it after and pay much better attention to it and such.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
when 2 players like joe/brav are playing eachother the games are so close and precise it's extremely small errors that win/lose games. a group of lvl 3 grunts hitting before the opponent has lvld up. lusted vs unlusted.. whoever holds/forts first.. if one is a couple seconds slower to mound or altar .. braviet likes expanding after his mine blows.. watching his first expansion vs joes first expansion is always an interesting factor.

it's just all kinds of little stuff that a regular gow/ef player wants to see that someone who doesnt play it doesn't know to look for. take offence to it if you want but i dont recommend recording gow/ef games. maybe just make the insight available to download

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
Lol you act like knowing whoever gets lust first is a secret. Also that upgrading men is some factor that only elite players would know. Lmao get real kid I realize all this shit was just preoccupied while videoing. It's been forever so the spots to follow that is a legit response, but I can easily figure out in the future where to watch. Upgrading units and lust isn't a secret bud hahaha.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »
Interesting matches, I like watching competitive games by below average players. Well done both of you.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
u didnt show an ogre mound, hall, or altar unless you accidentally panned over it because there was other action close to it. that's exactly what the regular players want to see. nobody who watched that video knew who had lust until you panned over ogres lusting

literally 4-5 seconds to lust first could win a game. that's how most games are won or lost. whoever can not die until they get lust.. then whoever gets lust first and hits with it right when the upgrade completes. that decides the fate of a very high number of games

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »
Interesting matches, I like watching competitive games by below average players. Well done both of you.

stop encouraging this you fk

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 01:40:16 PM »
You also fail to realize that I have admitted I wasn't clicking buildings by the time I recorded the finals. When you see the first lust that is the first lust of the game lmao. It's not that I didn't realize blacksmith upgrades and lust upgrades were important, it's that I was just following the action by these games. In the future I will use insight and follow the units upgrades and everything more precisely as I won't be talking and will have plenty of time to record it after the games.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 01:43:06 PM »

stop encouraging this you fk

Are you suggesting that the player who gets lust first has an advantage? If so, does a varying margin of time between his opponent getting lust and when he got it sway the advantage at all?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »
You also fail to realize that I have admitted I wasn't clicking buildings by the time I recorded the finals. When you see the first lust that is the first lust of the game lmao. It's not that I didn't realize blacksmith upgrades and lust upgrades were important, it's that I was just following the action by these games. In the future I will use insight and follow the units upgrades and everything more precisely as I won't be talking and will have plenty of time to record it after the games.
Tk is pursuing this kind of dickishly, but you actually missed the first lust of the game.  Joe groups ogres outside of 12, and you successfully locate them, but then wander away before they lust up and attack.  You miss the entire hit.

http://i.imgur.com/s4snL5T.gifv

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »
Lol yeah I guess so Tora and Van were talking so much I got distracted reading their typing a lot. The video is probably the product of losing attention to conversation and recording for hours haha. I definitely could have done better and will in the future, but you can see the end result from the video.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »
Lol yeah that clip is pretty funny Van mentioned finals or something and I started reading it and lackadaisically scrolling LOL.