War2.ru Slogan
News: All hail our wise & benevolent admins!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

[done]Got some weird bug in the screen 1677  9

Critter Posts: 4 Karma: +0/-0 *

Horrendous1

• Critter
    • View Profile
[done]Got some weird bug in the screen
« on: November 07, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »
Recently I installed the game, and when I log in into the server, I can't see properly what's going on the screen because I actually see through it (seeing the Desktop mixed with the game, in the log in section) and in the next screen, the section where players are chatting and stuff, I forgot its name (is it "lobby"?) I can't literally see the letters on the screen. I was going to put a print screen here, it could help a lot cuz a picture is worth a thousand words, but I got this damn message saying i'm not allowed to do it. I use Windows 8, and desktop resolution is 1366 x 786. Please someone help me I want to play this freaking game.
Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1988 Karma: +104/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Got some weird bug in the screen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »
Are you using war2combat, available here? Did you install in the c:\war2combat directory?
Death Knight Posts: 2552 Karma: +82/-4 *********

tupac

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:16:43 PM »
Paste these files into your war2 folder. You can change window=true to false in the .cfg file open it with notepad, etc. The color fix is here in this thread (Link below). I recommend that if you use other war2 versions on here to use the Anti Cheat System from Combat Edition paste the file into your war2 folder also.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,897.0.html

Horrendous1

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 08:27:46 PM »
Damn, this didn't work. Even with windowed mode, it is still bugged. The place where I put log in and key is even coming out of the window and actually it is now over the desktop icons. Wish I could post a screenshot here. Can't you guys, like, allow me to do so? It always says I got no permission to post external links.
(ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™ Dragon Posts: 6059 Karma: +135/-70 "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!" **********

EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »

Damn, this didn't work. Even with windowed mode, it is still bugged. The place where I put log in and key is even coming out of the window and actually it is now over the desktop icons. Wish I could post a screenshot here. Can't you guys, like, allow me to do so? It always says I got no permission to post external links.

Can you see if it allows you to PM me the screenshot link?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Horrendous1

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
Done. I've just sent you.
(ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™ Dragon Posts: 6059 Karma: +135/-70 "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!" **********

EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:00:08 AM »

EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »
Nice avatar btw

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Horrendous1

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 08:18:57 AM »
Ha, thanks. Started using this one after I saw yours. What do you mean by "known issue"? I don't get it.
Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1988 Karma: +104/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 05:52:20 PM »
Ha, thanks. Started using this one after I saw yours. What do you mean by "known issue"? I don't get it.

There are a lot of display bugs in the newer versions of Windows that we don't have good solutions for. One of them happens in Win8 (& 10 I think? maybe not universally) where the windows start overlapping themselves as you click around the lobby, looks like this:

I don't know if seeing the desktop behind the login screen is part of the Win8 bug or something new though.