Author Topic: Singles Tournament, Saturday November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time  (Read 19545 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Singles Tournament, Saturday November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:52:19 AM »
The next Singles Tournament will be held on November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time in the Tournament Channel
The Prizes will be the standard with the exception of 1st.(00joe donated his prize money to the 1st place winner of this month.)
4th $10
3rd $20
2nd $30
1st $70

Once again ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE ANTI HACK in order to participate.
And all players must have paypal to receive their prizes.

Now the question is how to host this months singles.
I've been receiving a lot of feed back from different members on the types of maps they would want to play in the up coming series.
I came up with this idea,

1st round GSEW High res

2nd round Spiral Med res

Semi final round POS Low res

Final round GOW High res.

Of course I am willing to hear feed back, so let me know what you guys think bellow.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Singles Tournament, Saturday November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »
i'd replace spiral with NWTR personally. on one hand yeah its cool to throw a sea map in there, but on the other nobody except braviet and spb play sea, and i dont even think they do any more.

but im just one person.. the rest of the maps look good imo

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
Multiple map tournament seems cool

Also cool of Joe to donate his winnings.

Thanksgiving may keep me away but probably doesn't rule out most people

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:45:52 AM »
Yeah I told Joe when he told Tora he was donating it what an honorable and nice thing it was. Xcal donated his 2nd place winnings of $30 in the last PBall tourny to this Saturdays 45 Man tournament too, that was honorable too. Joe is a very cool guy, I've talked to him on the server different times and he seems like a smart and nice guy to talk to. Definitely a cool thing to donate his winnings because he definitely earned them. I'm off to bed see you guys at the tournament if you can make it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:51:15 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 12:13:23 PM »
i'd replace spiral with NWTR personally. on one hand yeah its cool to throw a sea map in there, but on the other nobody except braviet and spb play sea, and i dont even think they do any more.

I honestly never even considered NWTR, if we did the res would have to be high i suppose
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 12:17:56 PM »
high is best but low is interesting as well.. low res makes the fight for wood much more intense in nwtr

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »

Warhammer plays sea, as do I. Think I allied ViolentCrimes playing some sea maps one time too. Unless he only joined cause no other game available.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
Players like sale39 also host sea maps more often then they join a gow game also. And sales pretty decent at World Domination as humans

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 01:59:12 PM »
I haven't seems sale in months
war2 > war3

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
If you are planning to have sea maps in a tourney, it is best to put the sea map in round 1 imo.  You will get a lot of people you don't expect to round 2 which will help with the fun factor for those who otherwise are gow rd 1 exits.  Maps like gseps benefit the best players rather than the weaker ones.  Because it is primarily a rush map, those with great res management typically fare the best and that happens to coincide with the top gow players.  Generally the top players, we'll call it tier 4 and higher, play gseps high and pos low with the most frequency behind gow/ef.  They will have spent more time playing those maps than the lower tier players who just happen to be on and playing.  This is why I think you should pick a map in the first round that is less frequently played.  Stay away from low in rd 1 if you want lower tier players to advance.  Low is a res management game and again, the best players have perfected that art via pos low numerous times.  Just my 2 cents.  I'm poor so try not to spend it all in one place :D

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
I'll agree with GP on this one, water maps round 1.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
The only issue i kind of have with this is the fact that most of the people that plat in these tournaments are professional.
I never really get any new players.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »
I've been trying to help some new players out.  I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but you can take a guy that can sort of get away with playing in big game GOWs but whom will usually (not always) cause his team to lose... and you can get him to join a game with you and show him the basic cookbooks and whatnot and maybe in 30 minutes completely change his proficiency.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »
I've been trying to help some new players out.  I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but you can take a guy that can sort of get away with playing in big game GOWs but whom will usually (not always) cause his team to lose... and you can get him to join a game with you and show him the basic cookbooks and whatnot and maybe in 30 minutes completely change his proficiency.

You can only really teach people the early-mid game.
Once you get into expanding and lusting things get very complicated very quickly.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 12:17:21 PM »
I disagree tora. Almost everything I've learned was because someone better showed it to me... just playing 2v2 and I'd fuck up and my ally who was better than me would say "you shoulda done this.." .. I also learned a lot by watching what better players did. .. but for the most part it was a lot of little suggestions from better players over the years that taught me what I know now.. I adapted some of them to fit my play style but I'm not very creative personally. I didn't learn much on my own as far as this game is concerned.