Author Topic: Singles Tournament, Saturday November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time  (Read 19744 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Singles Tournament, Saturday November 28th, 4pm Eastern Time
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
I created this clan like 5 years ago strictly for the purpose of turning newbs or average players into pros. It disbttake me long and my first 2 recruits were at the bottom of the pro list within 2-3 months. I was able to ally them against people of my same skill level...when I first got them I was able to 2v1 them fairly easily which says a lot about their skill when they first started gow EF. I can't 2v1 even 2 slightly below average players and win with any type of eegularity

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
You should train smeagol.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
You should train smeagol.
He wouldn't be a bad teacher I'm sure. I could have different people train me if I really wanted though.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 12:27:29 PM »
Put $5 prize or something on a random seed in the first round to get people who don't feel they have a chance to at least participate.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
I'd I could get part his personality I honestly would. I bet I could get him to "pro" level in 4-5 months if he was dedicated to it

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
I could make him a pro in one month.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
I'd I could get part his personality I honestly would. I bet I could get him to "pro" level in 4-5 months if he was dedicated to it
Honestly TK you have never known what it's like to be my friend. I am a loyal person, I have 100s if not 1000's of friends on Warcraft over the years, LOTs that I am still in contact with. Also in real life I am fiercely loyal to my close friends and loved ones.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
Get in it then hoss :)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
Honestly TK you have never known what it's like to be my friend. I am a loyal person, I have 100s if not 1000's of friends on Warcraft over the years, LOTs that I am still in contact with. Also in real life I am fiercely loyal to my close friends and loved ones.

That could very well be true smeagol.. I just know our personalities don't mix

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »

I can agree there, I actually really don't even have any bad feelings towards you. When were arguing some of the shit you have said was just annoying as hell(to me) and I just got sick of arguing on here. If I see you on the server I'm not going to be like "Look it's newb TK" or anything you are a very skilled GOW player. Let's just leave it at what it is.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:40:11 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »
I've been thinking of putting an in depth video training series together.. starting from what the units are all the way to complex tactics and strategies. .. im sure it would consist of 100 or so videos to do it right .  There wouldn't be a need to train people if I did that. They could just watch the series and follow the instructions if they really wanted to learn.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 12:46:09 PM »
I've been thinking of putting an in depth video training series together.. starting from what the units are all the way to complex tactics and strategies. .. im sure it would consist of 100 or so videos to do it right .  There wouldn't be a need to train people if I did that. They could just watch the series and follow the instructions if they really wanted to learn.
Training people is great. One of the big problems as everyone knows is a new player comes along and he gets s9 banned from every game and quits hating Warcraft 2 or with a totally unsatisfactory experience. That's one thing PBall does to help the server is newbs are usually allowed to play as I and some other PBallers will do uneven games with them to fill spots or will try to help them get good at it. It's great when GOW players reach out to newbs and teach them the game or at least try or let them watch/play instead of banning. As of now I still have no interest in training in BNEs but if I change my mind I will let you know.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2015, 12:52:12 PM »
Get in it then hoss :)
I feel like he'd rather be the big fish in the pball pond than learn GOW and be just another GOW player for a long time.  Some latecomers like JesK and Alf make the leap to near the top of course but that takes forever.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2015, 12:53:12 PM »

Am I the only one who would actually like to see this [emoji14]?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

Btw this song is about my friend Armyreign knew him 2004-2013 ;) . He died in a messed up accident obviously not the one in this song LOL, it had to do with alcohol. I just wanted to take this chance to give him a totally random shout out. RIP Armyreign AKA Fuku and Armynova on Server RU 1985-2013 one of the best and most legendary PBallers to ever live! Own on in heaven brother!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:08:12 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »