Author Topic: A request for blid  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
A request for blid
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
I've been playing for about 4-5 months now since i've come back to war2. And every single day i see martin18 online. This is my request. I would like kale unbanned from war2. I've seen him just want to play war2 and he says he wants to reform his hacking ways and use antihack. He is a decent player and would be a nice addition to the community as long as he is true to his word. I told him I would be watching him. I told him if i see him without antihack and he gets acused of hacking, that's it, he's gone. He also says he will stop shit talking people. But i see things this way:
#1 war2 is dead we can not afford to permaban people
#2 players who want to reform their ways should be given a second chance.
#3 if that player comes back on a new ip and just sits there all day hoping for one game, you can't help but feel bad.
#4 If a player is constantly harassed and ridiculed by the community, he will develope a grudge and start shit talking everyone until no one likes him. This happend to me many years ago, and people still don't like me for my behavior, which was a product of my environment simply. It  has never had anything to do with me as a person.

I also promised kale, that i would teach him if he stays true to his end of the deal, so war2 will get a decent player out of this exchange, and one less miserable hacker.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: A request for blid
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »
what, you want his martin18 name unbanned?
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »
yeah. If you think about it, with the new antihack system catching him again will be extremely easy and it's not really a big deal. What is a big deal is having another legit player if he holds true.

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
You make him and yourself sound like victims.  You guys bring things on yourselves. Of course you can relate to him because you are him except not as self destructive.  I'll vote for allowing this on the condition that if Martin gets caught hacking or spending hours whispering shit talk, that yamon gets the same ban as Martin. We will see how much you really believe he has reformed if your fate is tied to his

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »
Kale has come to me and Tora begging for us to lobby for him with the admins to unban him. He has not stopped hacking at all to my knowledge and the guy is a huge detriment to the server. He begged me for an hour to unban him one day even though Tora and I both told him we weren't admins. I have no sympathy for this guy.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
Honestly Yamon there are plenty of other ways to better the community then trying to bring back Martin18.
war2 > war3

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
A request for blid
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
I prefer reform over ban. Banning is useless.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »
Definitely no to unbanning any of martin18's names or IPs that we've banned so far.  I don't blame you for not realizing this, but his apologies and promises to clean up his act are just a troll. 

Before we'd all caught on to what a lowlife he is, he got a couple different admins to unban him a couple of different times, including once by myself. 

For example:
blid il said to me imust ask u for unbann can i get unbann pls idont talk shit more  :(
I think he got banned again the very next day.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
Further, I'd add that since we don't have a hardware ban yet and he is circumventing bans anyway, he could EASILY just make a new name, not shit talk, and not hack, and assimilate into the community quite easily if he actually wanted to.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »
so you're telling me he wants to get unbanned so he can get banned again? i don't understand the logic. Besides just banning him again isn't a big deal. It's more productive than constantly banning new ips, because he's always on. So if you don't want to unban him, lets make an effort to keep him off. One the other. You decide.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
You make him and yourself sound like victims.  You guys bring things on yourselves. Of course you can relate to him because you are him except not as self destructive.  I'll vote for allowing this on the condition that if Martin gets caught hacking or spending hours whispering shit talk, that yamon gets the same ban as Martin. We will see how much you really believe he has reformed if your fate is tied to his
skeptisicm isn't knoweldge. No one blames you for doubting martin, given his record. But you just make the same point with every sentence. Your narrative is pre-established with this thread. My point is simply that we have nothing to lose but 5 minutes of an admins time. I don't know what the deal with martin is, i don't understand what goes on in his head. But I know that he's not a troll. He either has a motive or an ulterior motive, but that's irrelevant.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 10:43:12 AM »
Further, I'd add that since we don't have a hardware ban yet and he is circumventing bans anyway, he could EASILY just make a new name, not shit talk, and not hack, and assimilate into the community quite easily if he actually wanted to.
no because his proxies don't allow him to play anything but a 1v1. and getting games on a new name is next to Impossible today on ru. You can join a 4v4 gow pub, with a bunch of random people, and they'll ask you your aka for no reason.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:34 AM »
Moreover, if you can accept that martin is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and needs special treatment, then what's the harm in that? Are you not going to cater to the individual needs of a player as an admin on a game with 50 people?

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 10:53:56 AM »

Correct, having no aka is probably the best punishment you could even give hackers. [emoji14]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline EviL~SnOoPdOgG

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
I don't really think it would be a good idea to give a second chance to a person that hacks and all he does is harass his own team players when they don't play as well as expected which is why I think war2 is really dying.