Author Topic: community is fed up  (Read 10037 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: community is fed up
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »
I agree that pball tournaments don't help anything other than the dead and irrelevant pball scene, but Smeagol does help Tora host the other tournaments as well.  I appreciate what Smeagol does.

We have burnt stepping down from the community and just giving up because everything is run so shit.
That's not why Burnt stepped away at ALL.  He left because if he stayed he was going to ban people who complain.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »

We have burnt stepping down from the community and just giving up because everything is run so shit.
That's not why Burnt stepped away at ALL.  He left because if he stayed he was going to ban people who complain.

We only complained for change. So he got butt hurt and Banned is for pointing out how he and his team let this game go to shits over the years.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
Swift runs a web marketing company
Although it sounded a bit amateurish and unprofessional he did offer the services for free for this place.
Obviously u need to fix the server first . Then introduce a proper ladder. Then auto ban if idle 10 minutes. Also if u ban newbs your banned .
Then once all that is done , get swift marketing company to promote the place

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk
your ideas are terrible and not well thought out what-so-ever. leave the problem solving to me

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
community is fed up
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
Also burnt stepping down just proves a point that the guy is a pussy and clearly can't handle the fact that he failed this game. Rage bans anyone who try's to point out the obvious.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:49:43 PM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
Yamon if you really care about war 2 then do something about it.

The reason why I started hosting these tournaments was because I got tired of seeing the server empty every day. So I decided to do something about it.

You seem have a few good ideas, so now the next step is to carry out these ideas. You don't need to worry about money because as your already aware. Myself and other members are more than willing to donate to causes that benefit this server.

I understand your frustrations but the only way this problem is going to be solved is thru action.
war2 > war3

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 05:34:06 PM »
There is definitely things to be done. Those are many and you need to pick a plan and stick with it. Tora and I chose tournaments and today is the PBall tournament so here we are. The admins have been there forever and they do what they do, some have been lazy.

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »

Swift runs a web marketing company
Although it sounded a bit amateurish and unprofessional he did offer the services for free for this place.
Obviously u need to fix the server first . Then introduce a proper ladder. Then auto ban if idle 10 minutes. Also if u ban newbs your banned .
Then once all that is done , get swift marketing company to promote the place

your ideas are terrible and not well thought out what-so-ever. leave the problem solving to me

Wow
I actually tried to simplify it to make it easy for you guys to commit . Great attitude Fuckheads by the way , I offer 5 simple points that would have 10,000+ people on server and you say it's terrible .
Having more players inst terrible , it's a good thing . It's people like you who don't want the server to grow , who just want to play with their "friends" who are killing this place . You have to have more players or it will
Die and u can't play at all . You have to get with the times and stop just playing the little games vs the same people you have to have the 10,000 new players to enable the server to thrive

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 06:00:39 PM »
There are some valid criticisms and some decent ideas here in this thread.  There's also some stuff not so valid.

Yes, it's silly that we have to ban the same people 20 times.  Hardware ban would be very nice.  Yes, anti-hack could be completed and enforced.

I believe both those things will get done, but iL is busy and moves at his own pace.

Lance might be the answer for you, but I wouldn't trust him in charge of War2/the server/etc.  Therefore I follow iL's pace.

iL has fixed up the chronjob so that the server will only be down a minute each night.  People in games can keep on playing, idle people in chat may not even get booted.  Should be fine.

A lot of the rest is part of having an old game.

Tora's tournaments are nice to keep the regulars involved and from leaving the community.

More admins - it's possible, I think we'd appoint someone like Tora if he was interested.  Hardware ban would solve this though.  It does take a long time for it to come.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
What time is the chron job? Will there be one tonight? Also yes the anti hack and hard wire bans are great. Anyone like Tupac, Il, and Lance who program for the server are doing a pretty decent job on it. Everyone needs the anti hack and the bugs need worked out though. Tora and I hosting tournaments are definitely great for the community as many old players and new players have come to the server. The admins just need to keep it up and get the programming done.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
Yamon if you really care about war 2 then do something about it.

The reason why I started hosting these tournaments was because I got tired of seeing the server empty every day. So I decided to do something about it.

You seem have a few good ideas, so now the next step is to carry out these ideas. You don't need to worry about money because as your already aware. Myself and other members are more than willing to donate to causes that benefit this server.

I understand your frustrations but the only way this problem is going to be solved is thru action.

I know why you started the tournaments. And this thread is to unite all of the players to organize action, knowing the problems and the solutions is where we start. Then step 2 is action. How do we accomplish these things? I believe that if all we fund lance's war2 custom project and stick to everything i've suggested, that not only will war2 revive, it will thrive. Instead of pressuring one poor person to slave away on their spare time for war2, make a team of developers, make it a beneficial and positive experience to code for war2. Make it lucrative. Give an incenctive. If you are looking for a champion for warcraft 2, to unite the community and bring it into the future, i will be that person. But leave it up to everyone else to decide, how these things will get done.

And if no one steps up or comes to agree, then i will act alone in getting donations for lance's project.

But if you really want to see real improvement and fast, then i would suggest you talk to lance.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:16:18 PM by Yamon »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 09:28:10 PM »
Yamon do you know of any developers that can help get some things fixed around here?
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
Yamon do you know of any developers that can help get some things fixed around here?
yes

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
yes

Are they people you know or are they members of the War2 community?
war2 > war3

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 10:34:51 PM »
yes

Are they people you know or are they members of the War2 community?
members of the war2 communtiy. a lot of this software has already been written. It's just sitting waiting to be used.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
I believe lance has already developed a lot of this already.