Author Topic: [solved]8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner  (Read 22698 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
[solved]8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
Mouse or Blid pleaes give 8)Mikulz(8 his PBall Trophy Icon on the server. Xcal and Masta{hR} are playing right now for the new one. Whoever wins that best of 5 series I will comment who needs a PBall Trophy Icon besides Mikulz. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:59:32 PM by tupac »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: 8)Mikulz(8 PBall Trophy Icon and Finals Winner
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:52:53 PM »
Xcal won the tournament with the hardest schedule in the tournament. Congrats man. Please add the PBall Trophy Icon to 8)Mikulz(8 and Xcal's names, thank you.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
k, done it, LMK if they don't stick though.
squeak!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »
K will do Mouse, thank you. =D

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »
Xcal won the tournament with the hardest schedule in the tournament. Congrats man. Please add the PBall Trophy Icon to 8)Mikulz(8 and Xcal's names, thank you.
Who is Milkulz and why would he have a pball trophy icon?    Also, I gave Xcal a Pball icon and removed the others because he won the tournament and I hear you're not happy with that.  I am just trying to update the tags for you.  Are you saying we should keep adding more and more pball icons after tournaments without removing any old ones?  That seems weird.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 10:22:20 AM by Chairman Blid »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »
Oh wow, we already had this conversation & I forgot:
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,1523.0.html

Yeah though, doesn't make sense to have people permanently keep these trophy icons and keep having more and more people have the icon each month after each tournament.  I would say let the two most recent winners hold it, maximum.  Having 4-5 people rolling around with champion tags is unheard of.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
There is a thread about this like 5 pages long of an argument with Ryu. If you want to play ignorant that's fine but it's there. There were going to be 5 PB Trophy Icons handed for tournaments. Mikulz won the first cash tournament(60 Man), I won the PBall Reunion Tourny(45 Man), QUICK{hR} won a 60 Man tourny, and Xcal just won the last tournament. There was supposed to be 5 handed out then when I come back in March after my 2 month break there will be a title that is defended, an icon that says PB Champ or similar. If you want to change the mechanics now and just take our icons away like you did last night with no notice great more power to you.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:11 AM »
I went on yesterday to fix Medivh's account and upgrade Tora's, and while I was on I wanted to update the icons also to keep things up to date.  I wasn't knowingly "taking away people's icons with no notice," I was trying to get them updated to the latest winners.  I didn't remember the previous discussion but...

There is a thread about this like 5 pages long of an argument with Ryu.
I re-read that earlier today and I linked to that thread in the post above yours!  Anyway, there weren't a lot of voices in that thread but it seems like everyone besides you thought having 5 people with a trophy icon wouldn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:12:45 AM by Chairman Blid »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
Yeah but Profi and Sware icons are fine to hand out to 100's. Also there was 15 people with Master icons for years. I don't get this attitude that 5 people having an icon is some unheard of thing. This is how I planned it out from the start, I created the icon with Tupac's help and I planned it out and hosted the tournaments. The winners beat everyone in the tournament and it was advertised they got to keep it.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »
We've been clearing out all the extra Master icons for some time.

Profi and Sware aren't for tournaments.  The pball trophy icon has an actual trophy in it, and is being awarded for tournaments.  It's a nice looking icon by the way, but since it is being awarded for tournament wins it seems like it should work like the Masters icon.  for it to have meaning it, it should go to the current champ.  It's just a bit silly to have 5 people with champion icons at once, especially when there was just a huge tournament that had one winner.

Lookign at the old thread I see this is the same thing I said back then, Mousey said she sort of agreed, Ryu agreed too (dont know what thats worth...) but it just seems reasonable.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »
Whatever Blid do what you gotta do. The icons were advertised to the winners as icons that stuck. Before your little power trip here the people thought they got to keep them. If you showed up to a GOW tournament that advertised a MASTER tag that stuck then a week later it got removed would you be happy? Do what you want, it isn't a secret how it was going to play out. But then again you are the king around here, go at it.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
First off, no one's icons are being removed a week later.  I removed a couple of icons months later after subsequent tournaments had named new winners and awarded new icons.  I wasn't trying to "power trip," I was trying to help update the icons!!  Secondly, did any admin ever agree that this was a "forever" icon?  And did any admin agree that more and more "forever" icons would be added into the mix after each tournament?  That seems like maybe how you wanted it but did you discuss it with anyone beyond that thread a month ago where Mouse and I said basically the opposite, like, "Hm, we should be removing the old ones"?  Like I said in that thread, if there is a huge tournament on the scale of once-a-year like the festival, a permanent "15 Champ" icon would be fine.  But a permanent icon for a monthly tournament awarded to five different people doesn't really wash.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 11:39:05 AM »
Well let's see on the forum post that's pages long. I over and over again said unless Blid or Mouse chime in on this post that's the way it stays. Also Mouse knew this and even has it advertised on the site as the last chance to get the "coveted" PB Trophy Icon.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
From October 5th
Does that mean it's removed from Smeagol?

Also, guess we can take down the current tourney banner from the chat lobby.  Maybe get a new one up soon
I didn't, no, ought I do? I know the master tag changes hands with every new winner, but never saw any consensus about whether that applies to this one.

and k, will do. I can get a new one added whenever if you can make the .smk
I'd say it should... if someone wins a big annual event like the festival, then they can get something like Player got, "Champion '15" or whatever but if it's a regular tourney it should probably shift with the winner... just my two cents though
makes sense. There's at least one other person that has that pball icon atm I think.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »
I'd say it should... if someone wins a big annual event like the festival, then they can get something like Player got, "Champion '15" or whatever but if it's a regular tourney it should probably shift with the winner... just my two cents though

I do agree with this logic, though I have been treating Smeagol's pball icon as permanent like he wanted since no one really definitively overruled it. The current guidelines for tourney icons are pretty.. nonexistant, since everyone was anxious to get custom icons rolled out so we just threw something up to encourage people.

Do you want to officially lay down some groundrules in that thread blid? As it stands right now I guess smeagol could e.g. award a unique icon for every tourney he's hosted so far and that would be all right?
squeak!