Author Topic: Anyone Know Where I Can Find Editor Paste?  (Read 6465 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Anyone Know Where I Can Find Editor Paste?
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:53:20 AM »
I heard of a program on this forum one time, I think Blid mentioned it, that is a copy paste for map editor. Many times in the maps I make I have to recreate the exact same spots or invert them. This would be a very helpful tool anyone know where I can find it?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Anyone Know Where I Can Find Editor Paste?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »
"PudPaste"

I don't have it dled and couldn't find a working link on any of the old utility sites. This guy on the occult apparently had a copy five years ago, you could email him and see if he still has it. :o
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »
No, that guy on the Occult didn't have a copy five years ago.  Many have tried to find the lost map editor of PudPaste... many have failed.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
He totally did.

EDIT: Not to worry, I found a copy of it on an old Warcraft 1 map CD; it's just an "unfinished" copy of the Orc4 map. Nothing special at all, I had just forgotten all about it, plus that I already had a copy. Sorry.
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »
Whoa... I thought that program was just a myth.  Perhaps I was wrong.  Or perhaps this is just one more story...

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »
Alas, Mousetopher, you have us chasing phantoms once again... this is another false hope, another shadow, in the long dark quest for PudPaste.

Let's shine some light on this latest rumor.  BEHOLD!!!

Quote from: jvgnkrpv
Okay, I will do that. Thanks for your reply, anyways.

Whilst on the topic of Warcraft 1, does anyone know where to get the fabled "hidden" map? Y'know, the last "Custom map", the one that is not selectable?

EDIT: Not to worry, I found a copy of it on an old Warcraft 1 map CD; it's just an "unfinished" copy of the Orc4 map. Nothing special at all, I had just forgotten all about it, plus that I already had a copy. Sorry.
He found a Warcraft I map.  He did not find the mythical PudPaste.  No one ever does...

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 10:17:50 AM »
Alas, Mousetopher, you have us chasing phantoms once again... this is another false hope, another shadow, in the long dark quest for PudPaste.

Let's shine some light on this latest rumor.  BEHOLD!!!

Quote from: jvgnkrpv
Okay, I will do that. Thanks for your reply, anyways.

Whilst on the topic of Warcraft 1, does anyone know where to get the fabled "hidden" map? Y'know, the last "Custom map", the one that is not selectable?

He found a Warcraft I map.  He did not find the mythical PudPaste.
LMFAO. Yeah I don't really remember the post I saw it on just saw something about it. Why doesn't someone write such a program? It wouldn't be a myth then.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:03 AM »
There was one man that people said found it.  Others said he was just crazy, a raving lunatic full of tall tales.  His name was $hazm.  You may seek him out, but... at your own peril, for down that path dark things lie

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
There was one man that people said found it.  Others said he was just crazy, a raving lunatic full of tall tales.  His name was $hazm.  You may seek him out, but... at your own peril, for down that path dark things lie
LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
OMG I literally burst out laughing when I read that shit LOL.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 10:25:07 AM »
Blid I am a warrior of light and many a quest I have undertaken in my day. The pud of power is on the move. Black riders have been seen in the North, the shadow moves, Shazams they say is building an Army. I sense dark times ahead. I will take it upon myself to find this PudEditor and judge its worthiness and if I deem it worthy it shall not be destroyed. If the evil of this thing is as true as you say I will do my best to put my will to it and destroy it once and for all!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
Alas, Mousetopher, you have us chasing phantoms once again...

Oh damn, I totally do, my bad. It has to be real though, there's too many references out there for it not to be!

Blid I am a warrior of light and many a quest I have undertaken in my day. The pud of power is on the move. Black riders have been seen in the North, the shadow moves, Shazams they say is building an Army. I sense dark times ahead. I will take it upon myself to find this PudEditor and judge its worthiness and if I deem it worthy it shall not be destroyed. If the evil of this thing is as true as you say I will do my best to put my will to it and destroy it once and for all!

Smeagol, I will aid you in your quest, but ffs man it's "PudPaste", get it right.
squeak!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 10:37:25 AM »
Alas, Mousetopher, you have us chasing phantoms once again...

Oh damn, I totally do, my bad. It has to be real though, there's too many references out there for it not to be!

Smeagol, I will aid you in your quest, but ffs man it's "PudPaste", get it right.
BLASPHEMY! Heed my word, for the PUD OF POWER has ensnared many a young traveler. With that kind of attitude you will be of no assistance Mouse. The pud of power is treacherous and none so far have been able to resist its power. I have heard many a story of a man or woman being killed outright once they lay eyes upon it. Where they have failed I will succeed. I accept your offer noble lady of honor. Together we shall embark on this quest and none shall stand in our way.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
It's an ancient program, so the only way to divine its location is through the old arts.  An altavista search has just turned up the following:
http://hellsfrozen.tripod.com/wc.html

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 03:07:04 PM »
Did you check next to the folders in the school supply aisle?  Pre rebuttal to the next person who replies: your mom!