Author Topic: Paintball Custom Tier System  (Read 13644 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Paintball Custom Tier System
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
There are always the arguments out there that pud players are always superior to custom players. In some if not most cases, that can be true. End of discussion.  If you're not used to building and pud-style Unit Control you're going to suck at GoW, PoS, Rose Petal etc. The learning curve for puds is a lot greater. Certainly true. But, most pud players don't play custom maps, and when they do, they usually lose to a high tier custom player at their particular maps. This is also certainly true.

Paintball and other customs like AO, Chop etc. offer unique styles of game play that don't always translate from pud skill to custom skill. Contrary to what pud players think, they would NOT be a tier 1 customs player after 1 or even 100 games. However, there are particular players that have lasted throughout the War 2 eras that make up a different case. Please allow me to explain.

For example on a 5 tier paintball custom system (In no particular order):

Tier 1
xXxSmeagolxXx
MaStA{hR}
QUICK{hR}
PiRaTe{hR}

Tier 2
Flea
cLeTo
xCaL
kilaz_e_mastafu
$killa$Lancelot
Proof-Dealer
Crash3r
8)Mikulz(8

Tier 3
Evil~MANOWAR
TDK-Seedy
~Tora~
WarBandit
LordCaptainCook

Tier 4
Shanona413
ElmoDoesDrugs
Jessu0001

Tier 5
Tolist
gabrielrsrs
or other noobs

This is just an example.

Now, if you take most pud players, they would IMMEDIATELY fall into a tier 3 or high tier 4 roll, and probably rise to a tier 2 position in a week or two. To reach tier 2 in a pud, it could likely take a year or more of hard dedication. But, let's take Swift (Kyle) for example. An anomaly to the equation. He immediately falls into a low tier 2 position without having played a game. His war2 IQ is off the charts. He will forever be known as a top 5 player, and depending on who you ask, he is in the 1st-2nd of all-time discussion. Now, after about 1 week of playing paintball customs, he could easily rise into a lower tier 1 and irregularly beat the likes of Smeagol, QUICK, or myself. And with more practice after a small amount of time, we could see a more consistent .500.

This is just my 2 cents in comparing the two. I think custom play is valuable and the skills are different. I want to pay a tribute to all sides. I wouldn't mind including more players on my relative paintball tier system, but I can't think of any more players at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:26:46 PM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Paintball Custom Tier System
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:13 PM »
Sounds pretty accurate.  I played tk in pball 6 times, and then beat Flea 2-0 and went 2-4 with Cleto and 1-2 with Medivh.  So yes, it's easier to be good at pball (5 games practice and already Tier 2).  And I'm not even tier 2 at BNEs :P

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »
I will make you out a more accurate version of this(though this is pretty good). I have notebooks with 'bracket' and standings and such. I also have played with many many PBallers. I'll post it sometime tomorrow probably a standings and tier system post.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:07:21 AM »
We're all going to have our own opinions. Your four tier system doesn't provide enough difference in types of skill level. You put too many average players at the top.

Tier 1 should literally have like 3 people in it.

Think about GoW.

Tier 1
Ash
Swift
Virus

Tier 2
Shotgun
Poscow

Tier 3
Braviet
Tyrus
Yamon

Skipping around now

Tier 5-6
AA.Goblin

Tier 6
Masta{hR}

Tier 9
Smeagol

Tier 10
Tolist

If you notice... and I don't know how much you know about the GoW community, but someone like Tyrus is godly. You can go orc, and he can go human archers, and he will still spank you inside of 5 minutes. Myself as well. If you use your paintball tier system comparatively, you are throwing someone like Tyrus in the same conversation with swift. That's a huge no no, unless you openly admit that custom maps don't require much skill thus it's too difficult to see variance in skill. Then I might just switch to pud play.

You literally insult yourself and the likes of me by lumping certain players in the conversation as us. You are essentially saying they deserve a legacy by winning a couple of tournaments in 1 low turnout paintball season of probably 45 man map tourneys. I watched their 60 man play... it's literally how we played in 2002. Their switch strategies no longer work. I could ctrl + patrol rush and beat him at start. Please, if you want to make a tier system, at least think about it, otherwise you give players like blid fuel to their fire that custom players blow donkey dick. If I am equal to xcaL, 8)Mikulz(8, Proof-Dealer, Adam-w, Cs-Kirby, and Murd0ck then this game sucks. You can't compare yamon to viruz, or swift to tyrus, or ash to shotgun, or ganz to spb. HUGE, yet subtle levels of skill difference.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:20:53 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 09:24:51 AM »
These are wrong. Totally wrong there are more than just me who use my tier system. You can make up anything you want doesn't make it true. Thought there are quite a few things accurate about this, good try though.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
You can p robably compare Ash to Shotgun.  Shotgun has been better than Ash for about 10 years probably but at his peak yeah Ash was better

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
You can p robably compare Ash to Shotgun.  Shotgun has been better than Ash for about 10 years probably but at his peak yeah Ash was better

Yeah I'm talking peaks, not current level. Anyways, sh, Louis needs a scolding and you're not helping. He's actually proving that custom players require less skill and have lower peaks than any given pud player. Let him ramble I suppose. He's convinced me that you and others are right blid. And that's not good. Poor lobbying skills Louis.
I love this game!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
Whatever I'm proving those are the top top player, there are more but those are tourny winners and what now. Stop getting butthurt you started shit with me for no reason. I'm not sure why you continue to post long rants at me 100 unresponded messages whatever. I'll support the new server because TK wants good for this game and you too. Don't need your shit though so whatever. Mine are accurate, yours are alright but calm it.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
Whatever I'm proving those are the top top player, there are more but those are tourny winners and what now. Stop getting butthurt you started shit with me for no reason. I'm not sure why you continue to post long rants at me 100 unresponded messages whatever. I'll support the new server because TK wants good for this game and you too. Don't need your shit though so whatever. Mine are accurate, yours are alright but calm it.

Just no. Being near the best at ONE-TWO maps is not indicative of all-around skill. If I 10 mapped most of your tier 1 list I'd 8-2 or better them. The two I would lose are their maps that they have thousands of games logged into. Just... no.

Anyways, Louis unadded me from friends list. At least I don't have to hear emo lyrics anymore. (He types out poems he writes in his off time).

Maybe he might get mad and ban me from tournaments too.

#MANOWAR'S LIFE MATTERS
I love this game!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

Just no. Being near the best at ONE-TWO maps is not indicative of all-around skill. If I 10 mapped most of your tier 1 list I'd 8-2 or better them. The two I would lose are their maps that they have thousands of games logged into. Just... no.

Anyways, Louis unadded me from friends list. At least I don't have to hear emo lyrics anymore. (He types out poems he writes in his off time).

Maybe he might get mad and ban me from tournaments too.

#MANOWAR'S LIFE MATTERS

Haha..

Ya Mano mentioned he was black listed from his tournaments [emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »
how come ryu isn't listed?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »

Because he would rather bot than game. I have zero idea where he would fall on the chart, but it would probably be in the low tier 2 range.
I love this game!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
Paintball Custom Tier System
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »

Because he would rather bot than game. I have zero idea where he would fall on the chart, but it would probably be in the low tier 2 range.

Whoa OK, I won't idle anymore relax lol, there offline. [emoji58]

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
Bro <3 Get on and game.
I love this game!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

Bro <3 Get on and game.

Tonight I will like usual [emoji14]