Author Topic: PBall Standings and Tier  (Read 8389 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
PBall Standings and Tier
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:01:27 AM »
These are the winners of the last years PBall tournaments also how many finals they made.

Player                          | Wins | Finals | Record |
xXxSmeagolxXx              14        15         14-8
Xcal                                 3           5            -
QUICK{hR}                     1           4            -
Flea                                 1           3            -
UK_Restless                   1            2
Jessu001                        1           2
8)Mikulz(8                       1           1            1-2
$Killa$Lancelot               1           1 
Crash3r                          1           1

Level 1: xXxSmeagolxXx, QUICK{hR}, Xcal, Cs-Kirby, Murd0ck, Masta{hR}, Pirate, 8)Mikulz(8, Proof-Dealer, Adam-w
Level 2: Flea, $Killa$Lancelot, td]Medivh, Real{hR}, Hiroller{hR}, BrightXero, TDK-Seedy, Element_Boardz, UK_Restless
Level 3: Evil~Manowar(blackballed), x)Dw(x-Zeus, Dream{hR}, 13thMoldWarrior
Level 4: Newbs

There are over the years and active right now more PBallers but this is to get an idea.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:25:00 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: PBall Standings and Tier
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:12 AM »
This is inaccurate and a redundancy of my post.] Paintball goes beyond just 45 man / 80 man style maps. There are:

Skeleton Sacrifice
All of your custom variation maps like 11 vs 200
2hero 1rax
1a-8a
60 men
100 men
Pball builds (EG_Alex, B.o.B, etc)
DK
And a lot more that I cannot currently think of.

Now if I played someone like xcal in 8a, I'd make them look like Shanona. So you can't just arbitrarily put someone in a high tier because they're good at 1-2 maps or even a few of these maps. I'd spank people like xCal in 75% of of maps, then go like 7-3 in the other 25%. I think what I wrote is very accurate.

Plus, your 4 tier system does not work because you lump players like shanona and someone like Jessu in the same sentence, when there is a clear difference in War 2 IQ and skill.

Moreover, this doesn't account for people that, like me, are not around to vie for trophies. I mean if it's only Smeagol, xCaL and QUICK that are on that are somewhat competitive, sure you're going to win every once in awhile. I mean if you want to compare the CURRENT pball community then I'd say MAYBE xcaL is a tier 1, but that's pushing it and you know it. Don't let friendship and familiarity become a bias understanding of a player's skill level. You know that if he was playing 5 years ago, and there were more me's, and you's and PiRaTe's, he'd be written off as an 'easy' stat win.

And, I know these aren't paintball, but they ARE customs... if you throw in stuff like spaceknights, free grunts, Archers Only, Friends, lightning archers and the likes, then the tier system is very out of wack.

Moreover, I've probably played 100 games with Proof, and you can ask him, I personally have never lost to him... Why even have him in the high tier conversation?

So, can admin delete this?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:23:24 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »
You're totally wrong. There's nothing inaccurate about this at all. This map the tournaments play for the standings are 60 Man and 45 Man and they are totally correct. Also Xcal is Fallen_Xcalibur from East 2002-2006 and QUICK{hR} is x[dw]x-Chogall from East both legends. I never lumped Jessu or Shanona together in fact I never mentioned Shanona.The tier system I don't know what you're rambling about it's similar to yours but more correct. Any of these PBalls would compete in any PBall but the tournament standings are 60 Man 45 Man. I am like 15-5 vs you Masta in the last 2 weeks and 30-10 vs you in the last year. I'm not sure why what you are TRYING to explain takes like half a page. Anyway this is correct in all ways, the standings are right and the tier is far more accurate than yours.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »
I need to see warvids for this 15-5 vs me. Just in the last 2 days I'm 4-1 vs you. And I'd say reverse that before recently. So, we're about .500. Which begs to tell you, I'm getting back into gaming shape.

Sigh, you're too emotional.

This needs to be deleted. So, you can then argue that "Proof-Dealer is the best of all time"? Or UK_Restless is one of the best of all times?

Man, blid and all these guys are right. Customs is for chumps. You play more customs nowadays than all of us and you still don't get it. Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:15:04 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:04:51 AM »
Masta are you good at GOW?  you seem to know all the players etc.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 10:16:49 AM »
Check the real Pball Tier thread and where I put myself is an accurate indication. I know of all the players, most of them know of me. About 2 years ago I was actively a Human Watcher in Equ/spbru/KGBs games. I haven't really played in some time. I redownloaded the game 6 days ago and continue to re-fall in love with this whore of a game.

I am roughly a tier 5-6 player. Watch GreenGoblin play, and he sucks, but that's about how good I am.

Edit: And that's because I don't play GoW. lol And if I did, my "natural gaming talent" would probably put me at max a high tier 3 player after a determined amount of practice time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:18:41 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
GreenGoblin is solid isn't he?  THat's cool, i'll see you around.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 10:40:45 AM »
i can ally goblin vs someone like spb/van probably. he's not horrible.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 10:45:52 AM »
Yah he used to be a tier 2-3 customs player and now he's probably a tier 5 pud player after 1-2 years of practice. When I said he "sucks" I meant it in comparison to, if he 1v1'd you tk[as] you'd go 10-0 right? If I 1v1'd him in Gow I'd probably go 3-7 or 4-6.

Smeagol's understanding of tiers is limited and he doesn't get it. Just because someone has been around forever doesn't mean they're thrown into the tier 1 conversation. That's embarrassing, and it shows that customs just don't require all that much skill. There should be clear differentiation between me and xcaL. The fact that you can't see it either means your thick and I'm talking to the wrong person (smeagol) or that because the skill level cap is so low we're all tier 1 pball legends. Sad sad sad.
I love this game!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
yeah id probably get 10-0 .. assuming i didnt make any just extremely dumb mistakes... which is always possible :)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »
but they wouldnt be a simple 10-0. i'd have to be trying

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
That's my boy Greeny repping us custom players. <3 He was my pard back in East in like 2004 for the map AO.
I love this game!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
as far as i know the best custom player who turned gow/ef and actually turned out to be pro status is GreenPlastic aka 00joe

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 10:23:06 PM »
as far as i know the best custom player who turned gow/ef and actually turned out to be pro status is GreenPlastic aka 00joe

I wasn't aware GP was a customs player. I know he is solid at AO, but i didn't know that. Thanks for the info. :)
GP has probably been off customs for a decade or more then I guess.
I love this game!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »
not sure how long he's been off customs... but many seem to believe he was one of the best/fastest custom players when he played