Author Topic: Attention iL. Please respond.  (Read 8441 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Attention iL. Please respond.
« on: November 22, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »
First off. This question is for iL. Not blid, not mouse, not LB, or anyone else who thinks they have an answer. iL is the only one who can answer this and I would like for him to do so here so that everyone knows what's going on.

As I'm sure you know iL a group of war2 players including myself have been thinking very seriously about the possibility of starting a new server. We have started doing our research and have looked into different options and possibilities.

One thing is very clear, It would be much easier and most likely much more beneficial to the community if you were willing to sell server.war2.ru and everything that goes along with it rather than start a brand new server from scratch.

We would like to buy server.war2.ru.

Many of people who are interested in starting a new server are well respected members of the community. We will not suffer the same fate as war2custom did. The community will not be afraid to download our client because of who has access to it. If we do this, we are going to do it right... and the community will follow us because it will be obvious we are doing it for the right reasons.

I would assume selling server.war2.ru would be in your best interests. If you do not have any intentions of selling, we will still create our own client/server, it will just cost more.. but ultimately it will be done and the community will gradually switch to our server. I cant imagine you would have any interest in owning a server with no users on it... which is why i think it would be beneficial for you to sell server.war2.ru. You make some money. We save some money. The community gets rebuilt. It's a win-win for nearly everyone.

So the question is: How much would you be willing to sell the server/client and everything that goes along with it for?

Please repond when you get the opportunity to do so.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:31:22 PM by tk[as] »

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: Attention iL. Please respond.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »
First off. This question is for iL. Not blid, not mouse, not LB, or anyone else who thinks they have an answer. iL is the only one who can answer this and I would like for him to do so here so that everyone knows what's going on.

As I'm sure you know iL a group of war2 players including myself have been thinking very seriously about the possibility of starting a new server. We have started doing our research and have looked into different options and possibilities.

One thing is very clear, It would be much easier and most likely much more beneficial to the community if you were willing to sell server.war2.ru and everything that goes along with it rather than start a brand new server from scratch.

We would like to buy server.war2.ru.

Many of people who are interested in starting a new server are well respected members of the community. We will not suffer the same fate as war2custom did. The community will not be afraid to download our client because of who has access to it. If we do this, we are going to do it right... and the community will follow us because it will be obvious we are doing it for the right reasons.

I would assume selling server.war2.ru would be in your best interests. If you do not have any intentions of selling, we will still create our own client/server, it will just cost more.. but ultimately it will be done and the community will gradually switch to our server. I cant imagine you would have any interest in owning a server with no users on it... which is why i think it would be beneficial for you to sell server.war2.ru. You make some money. We save some money. The community gets rebuilt. It's a win-win for nearly everyone.

So the question is: How much would you be willing to sell the server/client and everything that goes along with it for?

Please repond when you get the opportunity to do so.

Thanks

+1
I love this game!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:24:08 PM »
That's why we have PMs you attention whore.
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:30:22 PM »

+1

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:35 PM »
+1

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »
iL does not respond to my PM's. dont you think i would have done that? yes? no? .. possibly?

apparently he doesnt respond to threads i make either.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »
Just PM him, if he hasn't blocked you, he will at least read it.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:44:09 PM »
As i already said before, i have no plans to sell war2.ru. I'd even say, if you mean war2.ru community, i can't sell it, because community doesn't belong to me or to anyone else.

I also still don't understand what you plan to do with the server if you buy it.
Just to ban/unban people on your own judgement and to hope people will like that more than our team or anything else?
You have no experience for tech supporting the server, so you will ask Lance to be admin because there's no more people who can do that?
The community will not be afraid to download our client because of who has access to it.
Well, current client is being guaranteed by our current team as safe, if you buy the server and write your own client who will guarantee it's safe? Our team - won't.

If you do not have any intentions of selling, we will still create our own client/server, it will just cost more..
If your problem is to implement and configure the server similar with war2.ru, then i can make a copy of the existing one to you on your domain. You will have new empty server with the same configuration, the only problem will be to get our own community. That will save some money to do that yourself, i'll have some money to configure your server. Of course, we will not be interested to let you steal the existing community to your server anyway.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 05:21:50 AM »
I like the Russians. I feel like iL does a good job. He's implemented the anti hack, auto host and hosting prompts (which  tell me I can't host even though i can lol ).
I don't understand what's so pressing that you think 30k in America will fix? The server sometimes takes a shit and slows down and the back up server doesn't always appear up but otherwise it's perfectly functional. The most pressing problem this game faces is the dwindling user base that is increasingly busy these days. A fkey that launches warvid or twitch streamed would be a cool way to attract users and teach newbies. And maybe clan icon templates attached to forum accounts that link to the server would be bad ass!!!  Good job hunting ISIS!!! Putin managed to do something right for once!! =)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »
i will respond to this after work today when i have more time

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »
tk, you need to accept responsibility for your actions.  The reason we do not make you an admin is because you used to be one, but emotionally quit and spent months trashing everyone.  You can't blame us for not making you admin after that.  If there are other people you think would be good admins, I'm willing to listen as I always am, but trying to buy a server so you can do it would be plain silly if it weren't such a big financial outlay you're talking about, which actually makes it sort of reckless imo (if you actually ever did it)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
Please forget that stupid game tk and join chayliss and i on heroes of the storm.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »
Please forget that stupid game tk and join chayliss and i on heroes of the storm.

Haha I think i would cry if w2 finally died. Part of my heart would be crushed. Not having ports auto forwarded is a huge problem Paper_Boy. I don't know the exact ratio, but often times it seems over half of the people can't create a game. Hmm...
I love this game!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
iL has already put in upnp in release 4.01
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,350.msg4075.html#msg4075

this autoforwards ports for anyone with a modern router.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 12:42:53 AM »
For the record, if another server was to open up and the little community we have right now gets split, I will be out of there. I assume a decent amount of other people will be as well, given the lack of people available for games.

It can be difficult to get a game going in the first place, so splitting the community, in my opinion, will be terrible for the game. It's easy to say X, X, and X will leave so everyone will follow, but is that true? Will you only have experienced people and groups of friends go? Will there be a group of people who stick with IL and refuse to go?

As much as you want this new server, and for the record, I personally think this one is fine, just remember the big picture. For the greater good, sometimes the little have to suffer.