Author Topic: [solved]Windows 10 thanks Aqrit!  (Read 20160 times)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
Yes, clean install from MSDN. Same hardware on all versions. I doubt many users would even have access to the Enterprise edition thought...so shouldn't be a major concern [emoji14]
Well, the main task for me is to catch the crash. I haven't been able to turn war2 to crash. So, good howto is welcomed.

Did you install win 10 ent on virtual machine or real hardware? Did you install any drivers for your hardware? Did you try war2 with and without drivers?
I can easily try to install win10ent onto vmware esx, should it help me to get war2 crashed?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »

Yes, clean install from MSDN. Same hardware on all versions. I doubt many users would even have access to the Enterprise edition thought...so shouldn't be a major concern [emoji14]
Well, the main task for me is to catch the crash. I haven't been able to turn war2 to crash. So, good howto is welcomed.

Did you install win 10 ent on virtual machine or real hardware? Did you install any drivers for your hardware? Did you try war2 with and without drivers?
I can easily try to install win10ent onto vmware esx, should it help me to get war2 crashed?

No, it was installed on separate partitioned hard drive. Drivers were all the same, installed directly by MS as PC booted from Windows Install. I didn't manually install any new drivers or add any new hardware.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 04:12:46 AM »
I found combat works on Windows 10 Home and Pro, but crashes on Enterprise for some reason [emoji54].
Well, i just installed win 10 enterprise on vmware host, combat 4.01 works fine :(

P.S: check your DEP configuration on the system where it crashes: should be enabled for just main services. Note that if you switch it to enable for all the software, war2 should be added to exclusions (combat installer 4.01 adds it during installation process).
So, war2 can crash if you switch dep on for everything and then remove war2 from exclusions. Or install old combat version (not sure, when i added DEP exclusions, 3.05 or later)

P.P.S: if your DEP is ok and war2 still crashes, would be great to let me get a teamviewer access to that host or w/e...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:15:02 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:12 AM »

I found combat works on Windows 10 Home and Pro, but crashes on Enterprise for some reason [emoji54].
Well, i just installed win 10 enterprise on vmware host, combat 4.01 works fine :(

P.S: check your DEP configuration on the system where it crashes: should be enabled for just main services. Note that if you switch it to enable for all the software, war2 should be added to exclusions (combat installer 4.01 adds it during installation process).
So, war2 can crash if you switch dep on for everything and then remove war2 from exclusions.

P.P.S: if your DEP is ok and war2 still crashes, would be great to let me get a teamviewer access to that host or w/e...

Cool, I'll look into it.

I haven't had time to dig into the logs yet.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)