Author Topic: [lost]Disconnecting from server.war2.ru  (Read 5909 times)

Offline Subtogger

• Peon
    • View Profile
[lost]Disconnecting from server.war2.ru
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »
Hey guys!

I want to say thanks for making it possible to play Warcraft 2! I have played a lot of LAN with my buds, but I think the time is to move on.

I have problems leaving however, I know it is hard for the both of us, but we both need to let go.

When I play with Starcraft: Brood War (original) it says i cannot enter Battle.net as my game is not a vaild one. I can log on to server.war2.ru, even though war2 has nothing to do with SC:BW.

Is there someone here who knows how I can get off the server.war2.ru so I can gain connection to Battle.net??

Please help =)!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:01:49 PM by tupac »

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: Disconnecting from server.war2.ru
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:24:41 AM »
Hey guys!

I want to say thanks for making it possible to play Warcraft 2! I have played a lot of LAN with my buds, but I think the time is to move on.

I have problems leaving however, I know it is hard for the both of us, but we both need to let go.

When I play with Starcraft: Brood War (original) it says i cannot enter Battle.net as my game is not a vaild one. I can log on to server.war2.ru, even though war2 has nothing to do with SC:BW.

Is there someone here who knows how I can get off the server.war2.ru so I can gain connection to Battle.net??

Please help =)!

Perfect solution...

Step 1. Uninstall Starcraft.
Step 2. Dream of the glory days of Warcraft 2.
Step 3. Allow the nostalgia to carry your fingers into reopening Warcraft 2.
Step 4. Host Warcraft 2 game and happy gaming!
I love this game!

Offline Subtogger

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
I have to deem this a non-useful answer :/
I am considering a complete wipe of my PC inorder to get a fix... Wouldn't want that, but.... is it the only way??

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 09:37:54 AM »
I have to deem this a non-useful answer :/
I am considering a complete wipe of my PC inorder to get a fix... Wouldn't want that, but.... is it the only way??

Totally depends on what the root of the problem is to be honest. I would just try to reinstall the game? Maybe it's a bug with your CD-Key. Also make sure you've clicked on the correct Gateway.
I love this game!

Offline Subtogger

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 10:06:41 AM »
I have reinstalled it, and I am very sure I picked the right gateway: Europe-Gateway (CD-key required)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »

Are you using a modified version of SC? War2combat edition gives a similar error when trying to connect to bnet servers, only the original War2BNE (cd or iso) will work.
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Disconnecting from server.war2.ru
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 12:21:23 AM »
Hey guys!

Please help =)!

I still play brood war on USEast unlike most here, did you install the game with a valid cdkey? Where did you get the install.exe? Was it from blizzard?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Subtogger

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »
You bet it is real!

(Unable to insert image from gyazo...)

I have tried reinstalling the game several times, but still no change at all. The setup file is downloaded directly from Battle.net and is as previously state, retail version.

Unfortunately I cannot take a screenshot of my game menu, but it looks like this:

Connection: Battle.net

GATEWAY
ru: WAR2 SEVER
ru: if server is down
Mousestopher server
Backup mousestopher server
US-West (CD-key required)
US-East (CD-key required)
Asia (CD-key required)
Europe (CD-key required)

As I live in Denmark, I wish to play on the european server. It gives me the following error message when I attempt logging in.
"Battle.net was unable to properly identify your application version. Please uninstall and then reinstall the application. If the problem persists you may have a computer virus. For information detecting and removing this virus you may contact us by email at support@blizzard.com"

I hope additional info can be helpful!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 10:08:53 AM »
http://iccup.com/en/starcraft/.
this place i went to play. looks like they are after dota now but i think they still have scbw people there.

under the youtube ad are the files needed. looks like they are going all dota which sux bw > dota :P
Information

Server adress sc.theabyss.ru
    Anti Hack launcher download
    Reg file download
    Official Mappack download
the gateways isnt the problem with you entering bnet.i have no idea on that man, if ur using a good cdkey and patched to latest version.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:37:26 AM by easycompany »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
That's the same message you get when connecting to bnet w/ war2combat:

I know when you install War2bne for the first time it prompts you to install updates & restart the game, maybe that didn't happen for you? Here's the official bnet support article on that error, you might have more luck posting on their forum: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/unable-to-identify-application-version
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
Disconnecting from server.war2.ru
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
You bet it is real!

(Unable to insert image from gyazo...)

I have tried reinstalling the game several times, but still no change at all. The setup file is downloaded directly from Battle.net and is as previously state, retail version.

Unfortunately I cannot take a screenshot of my game menu, but it looks like this:

Connection: Battle.net

GATEWAY
ru: WAR2 SEVER
ru: if server is down
Mousestopher server
Backup mousestopher server
US-West (CD-key required)
US-East (CD-key required)
Asia (CD-key required)
Europe (CD-key required)

As I live in Denmark, I wish to play on the european server. It gives me the following error message when I attempt logging in.
"Battle.net was unable to properly identify your application version. Please uninstall and then reinstall the application. If the problem persists you may have a computer virus. For information detecting and removing this virus you may contact us by email at support@blizzard.com"

I hope additional info can be helpful!

Oh did try running the program as administrator? Also, when you install SC make sure you create a desktop shortcut and open SC from there.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:44:04 AM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline Subtogger

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 03:32:10 PM »
I have tried in administrator, but no result.

I will try their forums.

Or a full memory wipe...damn

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 03:34:55 PM »

I have tried in administrator, but no result.

I will try their forums.

Or a full memory wipe...damn

Are you running the Starcraft from the shortcut that is made on the desktop during installation?? Because this is the same problem that happens on my computer.