Author Topic: War2 graphics for Win Vista/7/8/8.1/10/2012 fixed  (Read 181654 times)

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
Re: War2 graphics for Win Vista/7/8/8.1/10/2012 fixed
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
New release is out!

There was a bug where the cursor could leave the screen on multi monitor setups in Fullscreen and WindowedFullscreen modes.

https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/Aqrit-DDraw-Hack/releases

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »
hmm not working on war2combat44 standard install. still leaves screen on multiscreen setups

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2019, 08:04:58 PM »
hmm not working on war2combat44 standard install. still leaves screen on multiscreen setups

It should be able to leave the screen on bnet (that's intentional), but once in game the cursor should be locked.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
oh, in that case, that's awesome!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2019, 03:30:49 PM »
Hi, @fois
We made some tests with aqrits' ddraw versions and scaling:

1-st image is war2 windowed mode with your version 154 (based on test2), scaled to 800x600:

2-nd image is war2 windowed mode with aqrit's test4 version scaled to 800x600 (by 3-rd part software as it doesn't support scaling itself).
Interesting thing is it uses such smooth scaling on intel videocards only, but not so smooth on nvidias.

And we can see: test4 support smooth scaling, but your version have some distortions.
So:
is that possible to make your 154 version as beautiful as test4, keeping it based on test2?

Would be great to use such smooth scaling on your ddraw, also being kept compatible with all computers, even with no shader support
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »
Yeah it's possible to have cubic/bilinear scaling without hardware acceleration, but it's very slow and might cause online games to lag if someone with a slow computer is trying to use it.

I think it's better to use cnc-ddraw instead for scaling, it can do smooth scaling and if no hardware acceleration is available it will automatically switch to nearest neighbor scaling.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2019, 06:43:01 AM »
cnc has a bug for me when i alt tab and alt tab back to the game..it loses a catch function and u cant type with keyboard.

just a good stable ru release as its what i give to all the gog users when they pop up,blizzard and other game companies are pushing that place to grow to compete with steam.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
cnc has a bug for me when i alt tab and alt tab back to the game..it loses a catch function and u cant type with keyboard.

just a good stable ru release as its what i give to all the gog users when they pop up,blizzard and other game companies are pushing that place to grow to compete with steam.

oh, I do some testing...

Already noticed that you can't alt+tab when the bnet chat window is showing (unless you have stretching enabled, then it works).

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2019, 07:55:51 PM »
New release for windowed mode users -> Battle.net lobby is not locked to the top left anymore and can now be moved around the screen

Config program was updated too http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5015.0.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:12:50 AM by fois »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »
New release for windowed mode users -> Battle.net lobby is not locked to the top left anymore and can now be moved around the screen

Config program was updated too http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5015.0.html

Fixed some bugs that were reported, please re-download!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2019, 07:57:09 AM »
Fixed some bugs that were reported, please re-download!

Well done for keeping up with support :thumbsup:

This ddraw is the only reason a large amount of the community can play WC2 on their OS. Your hard work is appreciated.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2019, 05:31:47 AM »
@Available Let's continue to talk here so we don't spam the war2combat release thread.

"AntiAliasedFonts=Yes", you can enable it if you prefer the look of it.

Oh, lol, quick response :)
I personally prefer real fonts w/o additional processing, but some people (Vity, Ragner, etc...) will happy to use this option.

No need to have multiple ddraws just for that

Still need some option to restrict switching to fullscreen and back,
to block accidental mode switching when someone prefer to play all the time windowed OR all the time fullscreen.
something like:
"AllowModeSwitching=Yes/No" or "IgnoreAltEnter=Yes/No"

1.6.3 same bug as previous test:
when finally switches to desktop (by "windows" key or some another hotkey)
and clicked on _another program icon_ in taskbar, somehow that switching back to war2, not to clicked program.
but i clearly NOT clicked on "war2 button" in taskbar.

Why need to use test4 behavior for Alt-Tab?
1.6.2 version was better in this part.

I added "IgnoreAltEnter=Yes" as a new .ini setting.

I want to keep the cnc-ddraw/test4 Alt-Tab behavior since it doesn't rely on the original system ddraw and is more future proof. Win7 did the same for me, when I Alt+Tab out of the game to another window and then I close the other window Win7 will automatically switch back to the game even though I didn't click on the game. I added a workaround for it now.

Offline jaiaeiararhe

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2019, 07:29:03 AM »
@fois

4 bugs with your ddraw OpenGL mode

1) In window mode just alt+tab stays in same window, have to press alt+tab+tab to successfully switch to next window

2) In window mode bnet chat, window lags when moving it around

3) The most annoying one, can hurt gameplay: Sometimes, depending on how you click on the window (maybe depends if mouse locked or not, have to click on it after focusing), alt key stays locked and pressing "Enter" to chat switches between window or fullscreen mode. So you can be playing in fullscreen, building tower, press enter to chat and suddenly it changes to window mode and wastes a few seconds where you can't play.

3.a) Does this mean mouse should just be auto locked and alt key assumed to be off by default instead of caught like that? Why the need to click twice?

4) Sometimes program breaks while in bnet chat screen after trying to join or host a game, the bnet buttons become non-functional and you have to restart War2

And would it be possible to change options so sound plays while the window doesn't have focus?

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2019, 02:08:22 AM »

3) The most annoying one, can hurt gameplay: Sometimes, depending on how you click on the window (maybe depends if mouse locked or not, have to click on it after focusing), alt key stays locked and pressing "Enter" to chat switches between window or fullscreen mode. So you can be playing in fullscreen, building tower, press enter to chat and suddenly it changes to window mode and wastes a few seconds where you can't play.

3.a) Does this mean mouse should just be auto locked and alt key assumed to be off by default instead of caught like that? Why the need to click twice?

Can't reproduce that Alt+Enter bug, but I added a few more checks, maybe it works.
War2 Config: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5015.0.html
Or just cnc-ddraw: https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/archive/master.zip

The first click is supposed to be ignored (it will lock the cursor into the window), is that what you mean? Not sure if it's a good idea to change that, have to think about it a bit.

And would it be possible to change options so sound plays while the window doesn't have focus?

I'm not sure if this can be changed via a ddraw. The ddraw is already lying to the game and pretends that the focus was never lost so the game keeps drawing. Somehow the sound stops anyways, not sure how that part works.

About all the other problems you reported, I can't reproduce any of them. What OS are you using?

Offline jaiaeiararhe

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2019, 05:47:56 AM »
About all the other problems you reported, I can't reproduce any of them. What OS are you using?

Windows 7 with Aero disabled