Author Topic: Newcomer Question About Download  (Read 14115 times)

Offline louspowels

• Critter
    • View Profile
Newcomer Question About Download
« on: December 25, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »
Hello All,

As this is an established community I'm sure this is more of a user-side issue, but my anti-virus program automatically flags and removes all files when I download them from the server (v3.15). Malwarebytes also doesn't fancy the program. Can someone enlighten me as to why this may be? I'd love to install and play but I have a good relationship with my anti-virus and malware programs.

Cheers :-[

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomer Question About Download
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 07:05:59 AM »
Disable it/add exception, false positive

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »
but my anti-virus program automatically flags and removes all files when I download them from the server (v3.15).
Absolutely all the files? Problem should be with wppatch.exe only, maybe war2nocdloader.exe also.
These files have anti-debug protection, so that can cause false positives with some antivirus software.
I know about norton false positive against wppatch.exe.

Let me know you have more problems or just attach the picture with your problem to the forum message.

P.S: of course, there wasn't any malware code inside the any of the combat application.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »
I've been playing for years with the war2 combat version and never had any issues.  The only problem I had is that my credit card has been fraudulently used 18x but I think it has nothing to do with war2combat.  JK  No probs and welcome to war2!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
I've been playing for years with the war2 combat version and never had any issues.
I think these temporary problems have reason of antivirus updates. Just wait, and your antivirus can show false positive. Wait some more, and that false positive will gone. Or return back.

There's nothing changed in combat for years.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
Add exception. Trust me your not important enough to be trojaned [emoji51] [emoji106]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:21:03 AM »
Cant always follow antivirus software to the letter, gotta wise up and identify exceptions. Antivirus are a tool to use, not a computer manual.

p.s, Even google chrome detects 3.15 as harmful and requires users override to download it

If im not mistaken and if I recall correctly the 3.10 version downloads just fine.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:15:17 AM »
p.s, Even google chrome detects 3.15 as harmful and requires users override to download it

If im not mistaken and if I recall correctly the 3.10 version downloads just fine.

Do you mean this:

Please, post SS for each problem you have, that will make it easier to understand and fix it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:18:43 AM by iL »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »

Do you mean this:

Please, post SS for each problem you have, that will make it easier to understand and fix it.

no wtf

First, that picture you posted is from internet explorer, not chrome, so you're already in the wrong direction.

I am talking about GOGGLE CHROME, which is the browser 90% of the people use.

When you start the download with goggle chrome, the download process starts and you actually see the progress as it downloads.
However when you reach to 100%. The download button of war2combat turns red and displays a message saying the file is pottentially unsafe and the default option to select is to reject the download, you have to click the dropdownmenu and select Ignore warning and download. its pretty discouraging message when your fav browser pops up with this and chrome itself rarely detects other files as risk.

Cant add a screenshot cuz I already added the exception to chrome. But i think I gave a good enough explanation of the issue.

This has been thoroughly discussed in the old occult forums many times and there are many threads about it, some including screenshots
If you have the backup go do a search there.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:05:00 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »
I am talking about GOGGLE CHROME
When you start the download with goggle chrome
goggle? seriously?

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
i was in need to literally and explicitly be clear as much as possible to avoid further confusion on said subject and i didn't incur in a pleonasm or any grammatical error you might be referring at u fucking obnoxious retard

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
i was in need to literally and explicitly be clear as much as possible to avoid further confusion on said subject and i didn't incur in a pleonasm or any grammatical error you might be referring at u fucking obnoxious retard

rage mode toogled on

it boogles me that you got mad so fast

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
it boogles me how 99% of your posts stray away from ongoing topic

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
I use firefox
Kali IGL Stats

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »
I use firefox

and?
if i recall correctly, same thing happens on firefox?