Author Topic: War2 Analytics  (Read 20613 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: War2 Analytics
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »
That just means brav spends more time in games than actually in chat.  So its not unusual to me that game time could be higher than chat time.  For myself I bet that would be the case as well because I rarely spend more than 10 mins in chat waiting for a game.  If nothing shows up, I just hang it up and leave.  So if I spend 10 mins in chat but 20 in a game,  then yea, my time logged in would be 10 mins.  So the problem here isnt the stats, but rather the verbiage of what "Online time" actually is.  I believe it's in chat time, and not a total time on the server.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline BusyOrc

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
That just means brav spends more time in games than actually in chat.  So its not unusual to me that game time could be higher than chat time.  For myself I bet that would be the case as well because I rarely spend more than 10 mins in chat waiting for a game.  If nothing shows up, I just hang it up and leave.  So if I spend 10 mins in chat but 20 in a game,  then yea, my time logged in would be 10 mins.  So the problem here isnt the stats, but rather the verbiage of what "Online time" actually is.  I believe it's in chat time, and not a total time on the server.

Online time has only been recording since around Dec 4 2015, but min in game has been recording since about 19 July 2015

Min in game is highly accurate because it adds the minutes in the game report up, but min online is less accurate because it works by checking server status page every 3 minutes to see whos online, so its accurate plus or minus 6 minutes per session

Also min in game has 1 important flaw, if a game lasts over 1 hr it doesnt record the time in game because I havent programmed it to parse "1 day 2 hours 5 mins" it can only handle cases like "5mins" right now

So min in game and online time should always be compared separately. Also, online time includes min in game time. So if someone comes online for 1hr, and is in game for 30min, then 1hr gets added to the online clock and 30min gets added to in game clock

Min in game is a very accurate way to measure growth/decline of the server tho, it is a the green line on the server status charts, one of my favorite parts of the site is the server analytics charts

Btw, another big flaw in the system, like i said earlier, its not able to parse game reports for anyone not using English war2 client, because the game reports cant be understood
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:39:32 PM by BusyOrc »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2016, 04:28:48 PM »
Online time has only been recording since around Dec 4 2015, but min in game has been recording since about 19 July 2015
Oh so that brings a whole lot more of my smurfs into play lol.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »
Also min in game has 1 important flaw, if a game lasts over 1 hr it doesnt record the time in game because I havent programmed it to parse "1 day 2 hours 5 mins" it can only handle cases like "5mins" right now

http://php.net/manual/en/function.strtotime.php  <-- this is what you are looking for to fix that bug.

As for the game report issues,  that is something I had fixed in war2.us but it has not yet made it into the war2.ru codebase.  It is something we are aware of though and there are several ways to fix it.  It may not even need to be fixed once version control has been instituted allowing only certain versions to connect and play.  The idea will be to allow other versions to connect, but not play.  Instead, feed them a message about the need to DL the correct version, etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:52:11 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »
I wonder why the analytics pages no longer work

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2017, 09:07:56 AM »
let's get this site back up. give the people what they want.