Author Topic: broken ladder?  (Read 5224 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: broken ladder?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 05:30:25 PM »

great server lol

Sure, blids an excellent programmer [emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »
idk i haven't seen his code yet lol.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
I apologize for being strident about it, but we've known it's not good for a long time which is why it's turned off.  I keep trying to tell you that it's off for a reason.  But I will elaborate and I hope this explains it better for you.  The way that it works when it's enabled is like this: Everyone ignores it, because the rankings it produces are stupid and worthless.  Therefore it sits there unused with nobody paying it any mind, until some newbie or egotist notices it exists, and decides to bot/newb bash their way to the top.  The only people that use it are scrubs looking to abuse.  It is useless for real players because if they play real opponents, enough to lose a few games, they will be demoted substantially for those losses, while the abusers make sure they never lose and easily sit above the real players.  It is bad.  Even if all abusers are erased, the rankings are still bad.  They still reward people for selectively only playing games they can win.  It's just bad and encourages bad methods.  And there is not "gaming activity" on it, there's one guy asking why it's off.

There we go makes a lot more sense now. You should let your experience show a little more...

This is known from years of experience of seeing it while it is on.  The only way to turn it on with out it actively hurting the server is to change it, to make the ranking show the ladder.war2.ru rankings or to change the internal rating algorithm somehow to transform it from being net harmful to worthwhile.  As is, it's best left off, I believe that very very strongly from seeing how it "works"

And this is why you wrote code for the online ladder?
Yep that's why I wrote the ladder.