War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

ATTN: Tupac, Lance, Jordan... any other programmers/hackers... 998  3

Ogre Mage Posts: 2276 Karma: +41/-7 ********

tk[as]

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
ATTN: Tupac, Lance, Jordan... any other programmers/hackers...
« on: February 23, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »
do you believe the FBI needs apple's permission/help to hack an iphone? do you think the source code is so complex that even with the resources available to the FBI, they cannot hack it on their own?

just curious about your thoughts on this matter.
Ogre Mage Posts: 2319 Karma: +73/-1 ********

tupac

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: Tupac, Lance, Jordan... any other programmers/hackers...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »
do you believe the FBI needs apple's permission/help to hack an iphone? do you think the source code is so complex that even with the resources available to the FBI, they cannot hack it on their own?

just curious about your thoughts on this matter.
It's possible that the situation is true, but come on the shit they can do... They probably spied on the apple developers and this is just a trick to get people to use IOS. Either or i would not be surprised.
Berserker Posts: 586 Karma: +23/-3 *****

{Lance}

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
There is no need for that.  They got the pw by using normal investigative procedures (duh, ask next of kin).  Theres no need to lower security just because the FBI or anyone else is to lazy to ask your mom what your pw might be.  I can tell you that from first hand experience with FBI cracking procedures, that they can take literally a PILE of documents associated with any case, run it through something similar to John the Ripper and do simple bruteforce attacks but they are more specific to the person.  It will go through names, bdays, addresses, etc trying combinations (forwards, backwars, common character replacements, etc) of anything and everything they have ever gathered that is associated with that person.  More likely than not, a person's pw is something that they associate with (easy to remember for that person).  IMO,  this is one of the possible ways that they "hacked" the iphone in CA.  The other is simply asking someone what the pw might be.

Bottom line,  the FBI was simply trying to use this case as an excuse to be lazy.  There has never, and never will be a valid reason that will ever justify lowering encryption security.
Grunt Posts: 213 Karma: +17/-4 ***

Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube

Rit

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »
I'm just a low level tech but it takes me 5 minutes to bypass a password on a Android phone. I have never been able to get into an iPhone.