Author Topic: GOG at perfect timing  (Read 32764 times)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: GOG at perfect timing
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2019, 02:15:06 AM »
Being reminded that shes female for the sake of it constantly is annoying, as if it strengthens or weakens her argument in anyway. No one cares what you are or what you identify as in 2019, nor did anyone care what gender you were in the years she was making those sort of posts (2017,2018) we're all human. It's like going to a movie and the movie telling you every 5 minutes its a movie, like okay we get it.

You asked me for "FACTS" and i simply provided one or did you forget that already, i don't care who she sexts and its not an issue to me, shes the one being the hypocrite to herself at the end of the day with her beliefs there. and you're the one trying extra hard since that post which is noticeable.

And your the one whos projecting frustrations on me mate, specially after i called you a flame shield only level opponent. And of course when you were calling me dellam and i told you that you're the one who plays  worse then him if he wasn't hacking. Lol.

I left the war2 discord and facebook group months ago because of babysharks e-stalking capabilities, and is one of the reasons i stopped logging on in game after continuous harassment that went on longer in 1 week then vans harassment towards me in 6 months.  I don't plan on returning to those groups anytime soon, and i'm caught up playing other games like heroes of the storm now to want to play war2 again. If i was so hung up on her, i'd be on her server which she invited me to on pms & discord prior to me leaving. Which im sure thrills you out.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2019, 09:04:21 AM »
And sad as it may be, I do care about wc2 because it has been a part of my life for a long time and I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure you are the same in this regard only you choose to deny that obvious fact, which is actually a bit sadder IMO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

Well I’m sorry your life sucks. My life sucked once too. One thing I found that helped make it better was cutting out things that didn’t matter, and not worry about things that aren’t important.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
Well I’m sorry your life sucks. My life sucked once too. One thing I found that helped make it better was cutting out things that didn’t matter, and not worry about things that aren’t important.

Good advice. Glad you didn't cut out playing wc2 :)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
Hey man if War2 is interfering in your life and getting in the way of progress you probably should stop wasting your time playing it. Because that’s what war2 is, a waste of time.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »
Hey man if War2 is interfering in your life and getting in the way of progress you probably should stop wasting your time playing it. Because that’s what war2 is, a waste of time.

It can be a big time-sink, that's true. This can be either good or bad depending on your situation. At the moment I am basically just working and saving money to give to lawyers (ugh). So having a 100% free form of entertainment to fill in some of my evenings is actually a good thing. I'm sure I would spend more money just on entertainment to keep my brain alive if I didn't play.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) How about you?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2019, 10:05:35 AM »
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  How about you?

I’ve slowly cut down on how many hours I play it. For me it’s like watching television or a movie.
war2 > war3

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »
For me it’s like watching television or a movie.

Totally. I often watch tv while im playing. I found myself playing without the sound a bit too, which is pretty slack lol. Been enjoying learning some gow lately. It's a new challenge and I'm learning new stuff. My chop game was getting pretty stagnant.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »
I mean we'd instituted rules that certain people were just flat out not allowed to /msg her, so we had been attempting to help with the problem.  That plus going on a private voice chat with friends for her gaming probably could have worked... rather unfortunate

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:17 PM »
As I see it, the problem wasn't just trash talking. It was that it had gone too far into genuine harassment. BS sought help from the administration not for an individual "he-said she-said" argument, but for ongoing targeted nasty abuse that was independant of any incidental events on a specific day. In the end it became too much for her to cope with and she left with a (IMO) largely ill-advised explosion.... FB, public flaming etc.

Yes, that looks reasonable. She asked me to do something with someone's harassment, but i was too busy and had no time to realize that "he-said she-said". At the same time i have no idea how to handle that different way. Also, i don't want to take care of that as i'm not a native-spoken english and it's quite difficult for me to understand some moments. But the main reason is i don't understand mentality of our community, i even don't know most players here, so, i'd prefer to work on technical questions. I posted that: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,372.msg4465.html

I don't know that there's an easy set of rules we could have somehow grafted onto our existing community, but I do think that we, as a community, should have been able to do something about it before it got to that point.

If someone is beating another person with a bat, that is bad. You don't have to say "I agree with the victim and everything they say and we are BFFs now", you just have to be a decent human being and say, "stop hitting them with a bat, that is not ok". Sugesting that is ok because you don't like that person or because they are yelling a bunch of stuff while they are being hit is not an excuse. People being hit with a bat will generally lose their shit and yell all sorts of stuff.

This is common sense. You don't need rules to work it out. This place is well cliquey enough that if a few people had had the balls to just stand up and apply a bit of social pressure against it, the whole thing could have been managed.

I absolutely agree with your thoughts here, community should handle such situations itself. But i have no idea what to do if they don't.

Rules are absolutely useless if people don't want to follow them or don't understand them.
The only thing we can reach by such "rules" is malipulating by admins (to provoke someone and then report to admins "ban him, he called me...") or w/e. Much work for admins and absolutely useless and quite harmful for community.

I hoped most people dislike such toxic atmosphere and they will try to follow such rules. They didn't...

I have no ideas how to change that toxic atmosphere. I can compare our big international community with small russian subcommunity. Russians are not so toxic. I'd be happy if international community become much pleasant place for current players and of course for newbies.
I'd be happy to discuss that with other players who want the same...

I understand that, but they are leaving anyway. Quieter people don't post on the forum, and generally don't trash talk, and don't like being subjected to it.

Our problem is we still play 25-years old game, abandoned by it's developers may years ago. So, people are leaving. I think that's our reality.
We can try to attract new players, but old ones will leave from time to time.

The standard has to be set not for the existing players, it has to be for the players we don't have yet. Young people. New people. There are millions of people every day clicking around on stupid browser games because they are bored. The opinions of those people are much more important that the opinions of the few crusty old assholes we still have left.

Yes, we try to attract new people, make different things: beautiful sites, programming, fixes, then newbies join the server... and falls into our toxicity: got banned from games, harassed, attacked by words, and then they eighter leave or become part of such toxicity.
If you want to play war2, your have to play with the best players. And these best players make up such toxic atmosphere. Vicious circle.

If us crusty old assholes have any brains at all we should see that.

Yes, but we don't...

Well I think there's a no swearing in the channel policy and a bot to police it, but basically it's a small enough group that people aren't nasty to each other.

Of course, i'm sure we can at least find mutually beneficial decision. But now i can't see any other decision as to stay everything as is...

I don't think BS is "against us". She just feels that she was treated very badly and no longer wants to play here. I don't think someone is the enemy just because they want to play wc2 somewhere else. It's not like she didn't try hard for a long time here.

Well, she asked us about to resolve the problem, we did nothing, then began to punish her (unfair of course, as she feel), and now we banned her... Of course, she should hate all our admins and all our rules, so she will not do anything together with us. I think so.
That is absolutely not about to play somewhere else, though that will split the community.

Personally I don't mind a little bit of trash talk occasionally, but for some people it is their normal for of communication when gaming .... constant rage and flame... IMO that's just being a dick

I agree with such communication when gaming and i don't protest against that. But here's an important line: that should not be moved to personalities.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Thomas29

• Grunt
  • Hey hey hey, That's what I'll Say!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2019, 09:17:48 PM »
Well, I can confirm you lost me as a player due to the horribly disregard for any new players that joined the community. Many new players I got to join the community told me why they didn't want to play here. After having multiple and countless bad experiences with players on the Server that is "keeping this game alive" I don't blame them... I TRULY WISH things were different but it seems things are fubar.
Eat Healthy, Stay Fit And Die Anyways.... Just Smoke Some Bud!

If I Don't Smoke Some Bud I Will Shrivel Up And Die Like A Beautiful Flower Without Water!