Author Topic: Google AI  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Google AI
« on: March 12, 2016, 03:25:25 AM »
It’s impressive Google’s AI has been beating GO World Champions. The next challenge will be to prove computers can outperform humans on Starcraft. I haven’t played the game much to know
but I do feel like war2 offers the greatest platform for human ingenuity and creativity. So many intricacies to master with hops, gays & ever shifting priorities to divide your time amongst. You need to be able to make reads quickly and choose an appropriate strategy. How would they even construct the parameters of such an algorithim??  Is Sc or war2 a harder platform? Burnt should Lobby google for VIRUZ vs Google AI Lol… Like when the Comp Scouts a Dk, would it pull its peons indefinitely until a single oger kills it? Even if you camped ogers to pick them all off 1 by 1. Or know how to do quick anti saps builds if it saw a flier. Read a 3 hall or counter dual or know how to stop a hard peon stop or gay. Especially in a team game

I would bet my life on Viruz in 1’s or myself in a Team game.

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-deepmind-could-play-starcraft-2016-3

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Google AI
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:44:35 AM »
i would bet on the computer.
someone could just write* a bad ass a.i script.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:49:25 AM by easycompany »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:21:14 PM »
Anything is possible, the problem isnt the possibility.  The problem is computing power.  No computer on this planet, whether its run by Google's AI or not, can compete with a human brain in speed of decision making based on a variable set of parameters.  The ONLY arena a computer can win in, is when the parameters are no longer variable.  So how do you take the "Variable'ness" out of the equation?  Simple,  math.  Math is not variable.  Either it is, or it isnt equal.  There is no in between.  That is how AI works.  It works out math problems until it finds the lowest or highest answer (or whatever the situation calls for), and that is how it determines what to do.  So if you can put in enough algorithms, you can cover every single possibility.  BUT,  to do that, you need trillions of equations and to do that requires computing power that is not currently available yet.  This type of power likely will never be available until Nano technology is at least 150 years old and we are not even close to Nano technology yet (that is modifying atoms at the atomic level).  Think, star trek food materializer thingy.  That is nano technology.  There have been some theorists that say Nano technology in its infancy would be available by 2040,  but I think that is just ludicrous.  I wouldnt put it any closer than 2140.

Moral of the story:  Dont believe everything you read,  even if it comes from google.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:26:59 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »
Maybe in a cyborg playing basketball old 486's can take out human players if blizz wanted the game to be impossible.

but I'm just saying if someone made whatever swifts fav strat cooked book it ...he wouldn't be able to beat it using the same strat ...but yeh ud have to resort to counter it..if it was the best strat u wouldn't win.

never messed with the ai but I'm sure it can be improved alot ..probably never beating viruz or any descent player 1x1 ..so I take it back..but idk your not gonna beat yhem brute force computer is such hax!

But in sc2 I'm sure the ai can counter they would be probably impossible

It would be interesting to make some ai's

10 more years will be as different as 10 years ago (I agree nano will be far off from that !! But unbeatable ai in rts I'm sure sc2 is almost advance enough. U really want unbeatable ai do c&c red alert hardest there is nowhere to hide so yeah it is here lol

actually any ai settings i dont think any of the kali players ever beat them!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:53:05 PM by easycompany »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:06:36 AM »
Someone has been developing good a.i. scripts already. If a pro who fully understood the game were to write the script it would crush us.. but only because the comp basically hacks. It can pre lust every time, catch you when youre not lusted, backdoor you without scouting...

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:08:31 AM »
And it can have a perfect apm.. all of its actions being 100% accurate

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »
yeah totally forgot the red alert ai...when war2 was finally over we played it with them...and im like i cant even beat the ai...
response "noone can beat the ai"

what a shit fucked game but it was alright lol.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
Those are all examples of built in AI.  Not 3rd party AI which is being discussed by google.  One in which the AI cannot see your actions.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 01:31:50 AM »
The 2 areas it would struggle in, is making reads and creativity (self driving cars are bad at reading intent in certain situations). You could trick a comp into wasting all its mana by charging it with some lusted and keep running away, cast runes at choke points. Knowing when someone is luring you into a choke or HASTED dk wall in ready to ravage all your ogres. Knowing when to temple scout, lumber bash, Unholy Armor, taking anti haste measures or even the opportunity cost scouting for chop,hop ins. When is it worth 3k to peon scout? Understanding when to divert scarcity between econ, tech and units based upon how your opponent plays.  Even if we had quantum computers that knew every possibility, it could only speculate which course we took, maybe choose anticipated high probability counters based on data from past players games.  I am happy to hear the Korean dude won game 4!!! There is still hope for humanity, we aren’t obsolete yet!!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »
Only way to tell is to make some ai and yeah they would just be brute force

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 12:59:44 PM »
don't dog the comps they are the best surgens* and be excellent for space who knows maybe the next step in evolution

Nano well even anything on a cell size would be great for medical micro machines .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:33:31 PM by easycompany »