Author Topic: Take Blid's Admin Away and Free This Game  (Read 13276 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Take Blid's Admin Away and Free This Game
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »
Isn't it time we put someone who isn't biased and isn't retarded in as main admin?

Dude blid totally fixed your commands. If it were me I would've just said "no /ann for you" and walked away, but blid friggen crushed it. You owe him man.
squeak!

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Take Blid's Admin Away and Free This Game
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:42 PM »
Isn't it time we put someone who isn't biased and isn't retarded in as main admin?

Dude blid totally fixed your commands. If it were me I would've just said "no /ann for you" and walked away, but blid friggen crushed it. You owe him man.

I guess we should all owe blid whenever he is competent at his job [emoji53]...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:17:35 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »
Game is so so so dead .. its pointless to even have these discussions any more.

This server was pretty much destined to fail because the server admin speaks barely any english (iL) and delegated most of the responsibilities to someone (Blid) who didn't have the vision or the drive to build a strong War2 community.

Just a failure of leadership ... happens in all aspects of life. Just sucks it happened on a server/game we all enjoy playing so much.

This is one of the most ridiculous arguments as to why war2 is declining. I'm surprised that it's still around given how blatantly dumb it is. It's pretty easy to dismiss - Blid/IL being head admins does not in anyway make them solely responsible for the games growth, and they haven't prevented others from promoting the game or improving its experience. So I don't get why people keep making that argument. Also, Blid and others preventing space/lance types from taking over or getting seriously involved is an exception to the above, and was inarguably a good move on their part.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:26:17 PM by Swift »
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 12:23:59 AM »
some people are leaders .. some are not.

simple as that imo.

this game coulda gone a lot farther a lot longer i think.

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »
too bad it only went 20 years...lmao
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 03:05:39 PM »
If you're having an argument that's okay, but I don't want these kinds of deeply personal attacks on the forums.  There's no place for it here and that's all I'm enforcing. 

I agree.  This is no place to air dirty laundry. 

Game is so so so dead .. its pointless to even have these discussions any more.

This server was pretty much destined to fail because the server admin speaks barely any english (iL) and delegated most of the responsibilities to someone (Blid) who didn't have the vision or the drive to build a strong War2 community.

Just a failure of leadership ... happens in all aspects of life. Just sucks it happened on a server/game we all enjoy playing so much.

This is one of the most ridiculous arguments as to why war2 is declining. I'm surprised that it's still around given how blatantly dumb it is. It's pretty easy to dismiss - Blid/IL being head admins does not in anyway make them solely responsible for the games growth, and they haven't prevented others from promoting the game or improving its experience. So I don't get why people keep making that argument. Also, Blid and others preventing space/lance types from taking over or getting seriously involved is an exception to the above, and was inarguably a good move on their part.

I feel the same way.  We're very lucky that iL has continued to host the server for all of us.  As long as the server is up, I believe it will always have some activity.  We all want to see the server thrive.  The admins aren't required to do what they do nor do they owe anything to us.  They do it for the love of the game.  Why does it matter how much they are contributing?  They at least fulfill some role in the community and stay on top of what they're doing. 

I am trying to help out as much as I possibly can right now and it's very discouraging when I see all of this pointless negativity on the forum (this thread, tk's reply, Equinox calling admins pathetic).  This has been going on for a long time now and I'm really getting tired of seeing it.  I believe it hurts the image of our community.  To me, no contribution at all is better than negative contribution.  It makes me think that these people truly do not care about the prosperity of this game.  Of course, no matter what I say, this negativity will probably continue.

The player base has been dying off but I do see a renewed interest from a few old players.  I believe we've entered into an era of nostalgia and preservation.  We have player biographies, interviews, plenty of useful articles, anti-hack, player icons, and even War2TV!  You're even able to submit and contribute your own content to the site and the webmaster is very responsive to this.  Any War2 replays or anything war2 related that you post on Facebook can be shared with a very big audience.  We didn't have all of this before.  We have so much to work with on the new website and I feel like I'm one of the only players taking advantage of it at the moment.  I wish some of you would see what you have right in front of you.  Either make use of it and be grateful for it or you can still do nothing but complain and promote a negative atmosphere in this community. 

This is not a time for us to act like childish monsters behind computers.  We are all adults after all, aren't we?  We need to stay positive, put all of these petty little grudges we have with one another behind us, and start thinking about the well-being of this game that so many of us claim to care so much for.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:53:18 PM by Rit »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
On another note, I still don't see any responses here that indicate in any way that Blid is abusing his power.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
Meh, idiot.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 03:26:19 PM »
Lmao I love how this has spurred a huge debate about Blid. I basically just made this thread to piss Blid off because he warned me over Warbandit starting shit with me, there I confessed. LOL

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »

simple as that imo.

Irrelevant. Blid/IL have done nothing to prevent trustworthy people from helping, and the fault equally falls on all of us for the games decline - and no more or less on Blid/iL. You are trying to place an unequal amount of responsibility on them, and your reasons for doing so are arbitrary and unjust. I don't know why you can't get this through your head, and you continuing to try to persuade others of the same failed argument is a show of your poor intellect.

Their job does not consist of promoter/marketer nor is it their job to make the game more enjoyable/user-friendly. Just because they happen to govern/moderate the server to some degree you somehow put it in your head that it's their job to do everything else.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »

simple as that imo.

Irrelevant. Blid/IL have done nothing to prevent trustworthy people from helping, and the fault equally falls on all of us for the games decline - and no more or less on Blid/iL. You are trying to place an unequal amount of responsibility on them, and your reasons for doing so are arbitrary and unjust. I don't know why you can't get this through your head, and you continuing to try to persuade others of the same failed argument is a show of your poor intellect.

Their job does not consist of promoter/marketer nor is it their job to make the game more enjoyable/user-friendly. Just because they happen to govern/moderate the server to some degree you somehow put it in your head that it's their job to do everything else.
All I have to say to that is... wait for it... FREE BURNT! BURNT FOR PRESIDENT!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
Also the admin's host the game on an ancient server. This shit should be hosted on a modern server with far better features. The Warcraft 2 server still looks like B.net Circa 1999 or whatever. Shit gets done slow as hell and they rely on the community to do anything fun. The administration isn't that bad they get shit done extremely slowly I'll give them that... With that MOUSE FOR QUEEN!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
Damn, when did Swift get so smart?!

With that MOUSE FOR QUEEN!

All power to the soviets
squeak!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 09:46:50 PM »
Damn, when did Swift get so smart?!

With that MOUSE FOR QUEEN!

All power to the soviets

Lmao

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »
yeah but u guys are forgetting that we have been capable of fixing war2 the entire time and decided on not doing it. War2 custom would have made war2 amazing.