Author Topic: Map series: Campaign Hard Mode  (Read 12496 times)

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Map series: Campaign Hard Mode
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
Honestly I'm impressed that you were able to finish those two hard missions. And even with very little losses too. Because, even though I created them, I was unable to win the scenarios that I created myself, except for the easier first one x'D That being said, while keeping them hard, I still tried my best to make them as realistically managable as possible, i.e not impossible to beat. But I was still not good enough to beat my own missions, but you were good enough to beat them it seems :P I kinda wish that there was a youtube video of you beating them, so I could also inspect the videos and take notes about how to beat them myself, lol.

Thank you for suggestions, I will implement them, and I will post the new updated maps along with the new hard missions when I post the new link.
Btw, about mission 3, which deathknights do you wish to be removed? There are three groups guarding the mainland. The ones guarding the western gold mine, the ones hidden south of orange base, and a small one hidden north of the orange base. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the one you wish to be removed?
About purple, I kinda don't want to change the original AI of purple in this mission, because if I remember correctly they were the ones sending dragons, and I want at least one base to be able to send dragons in this mission. But I can try to nerf green if you want? I hope it doesn't become too easy to defend though.

Btw, thanks for your suggestions and feedback. I feel encouraged to continue working on more mission again now.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:06:22 AM by Erenussocrates »

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 12:11:39 PM »
Sorry for long delay and sorry for flooding. Here is the new version of the human BtDP campaign. Goldmine in mission 2 is relocated to a place tiny bit souther, and added 5000~ gold (if I recall correctly). Green in mission 3 is nerfed. If I'm not wrong, they shouldn't be sending in ogres, atleast?

On top of that, added 3 more missions. All of which retain the same mission objective as the original did.
(Mission 4: erect a castle to protect the portal, destroy all enemy forces
Mission 5: Build three shipyards, destroy all orcish shipyards
Mission 6: Turalyon and Danath must return to the Circle of Power after destroying Bleeding Hollow (orange) )

Go, give them hell.

Note: I will also update the original post by posting the updated version.

Offline fascinating111

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 05:37:34 AM »
Sorry for long delay and sorry for flooding. Here is the new version of the human BtDP campaign. Goldmine in mission 2 is relocated to a place tiny bit souther, and added 5000~ gold (if I recall correctly). Green in mission 3 is nerfed. If I'm not wrong, they shouldn't be sending in ogres, atleast?

On top of that, added 3 more missions. All of which retain the same mission objective as the original did.
Mission 6: Turalyon and Danath must return to the Circle of Power after destroying Bleeding Hollow (orange) )

Go, give them hell.

Honestly I'm impressed that you were able to finish those two hard missions. And even with very little losses too. Because, even though I created them, I was unable to win the scenarios that I created myself, except for the easier first one x'D That being said, while keeping them hard, I still tried my best to make them as realistically managable as possible, i.e not impossible to beat. But I was still not good enough to beat my own missions, but you were good enough to beat them it seems :P I kinda wish that there was a youtube video of you beating them, so I could also inspect the videos and take notes about how to beat them myself, lol.

Thank you for suggestions, I will implement them, and I will post the new updated maps along with the new hard missions when I post the new link.
Btw, about mission 3, which deathknights do you wish to be removed? There are three groups guarding the mainland. The ones guarding the western gold mine, the ones hidden south of orange base, and a small one hidden north of the orange base. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the one you wish to be removed?
About purple, I kinda don't want to change the original AI of purple in this mission, because if I remember correctly they were the ones sending dragons, and I want at least one base to be able to send dragons in this mission. But I can try to nerf green if you want? I hope it doesn't become too easy to defend though.

Btw, thanks for your suggestions and feedback. I feel encouraged to continue working on more mission again now.

I can make some streaming for you if you are interested :D , send me a private message if interested on it. I can do it into the next days playing mission 1 2 and 3 hard mode

Offline fascinating111

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 05:41:36 AM »

Go, give them hell.

Everything you said about improves is correct, excepting to nerf green orcs. I was telling you about taking too much time to kill every single tower/farm . So in the end it takes too much time to complete the mission. The attacks from green it's pretty ok. Oh and I was telling you about death knights both around orange base. I don't think they are necessary but it's just my opinion :D . I will try missions 4-6 around these days. If you wants I can make a streaming for you to show missions 1-6 how to beat :D. Regards

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »
Alright pm sent :P

Btw, I can make further changes to the previous maps and fix the things that are still prevalent, but I also wanna decide that after watching you how you handle the maps.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
Good work. Hell, youre so really crazied doing this, mission 4 is big work, it will took like an hour to complete.